Vetamur's San Diego trip, added to Aros' (pics added)

Vetamur

Reaction score
I spent Saturday night til Monday midnight with Aros so his account is mostly the same as mine. I will just add a few things from before he go there, plus add in some more pics.

I arrived Friday night and had some trouble checking in to the hotel as I discovered Id forgotten to get my credit cards back from my wife before I left Tokyo. Got it sorted but just had a quiet night.

Saturday my friend Jesse and his gf arrived and we hit San Diego. Had awesome scallop burritos and wasabi fish tacos at a place another friend recommended then hit down town.

Downtown was a sea of Seattle colors, themes, jerseys, t-shirts, and other Seahawk related stuff. It was amazing. Ive attended away games but have never seen anything like it..it wasnt just the "official" bars that were overflowing with 12s.. EVERYWHERE was. Other than inside C-link, Ive never seen a collection like it, even compared to pre funking at places in Seattle like Temple.

At Whisky Girl I collected my tickets from Seahawk80 (and finally felt at ease.. couldnt relax til I had them in hand!) and had a chat with him. Then met Mamma Sherman and had a photo taken. Completely by chance a friend from 20 years ago was in town, saw me checking in on FB and joined us at Whisky Girl. It was bizarre.

Later that night we met up with Todd , and found that Dave and Greg (forget their .net handles) were staying in our hotel , just two doors away. They joined our group and we had a band of 6 "12"s.. travelling around in a SUV. We headed to a bar that was more a club called Thrusters. Permanent Seahawk bar. Fun vibe but a bit odd.. it was 80% Seahawk hangout Saturday night and 20% meat market. The people watching was top notch.

Sunday came and after an excellent breakfast that wasnt JUST alcohol, we headed out. As Todd noted in his post we were late getting to the parking lot and then were on the opposite side of where we wanted to be...so didnt find the Seahawk area til late. Todd was able to get over to .net group for a bit, I never did while I tried to keep tabs on my friends who had my tickets and struggled to find shade and ice.

Getting into the stadium was a joke and made you realize how well Century Link is run. Our seats were about 7 inches from the mid day sun, as the song goes..and all around us were 12s. The concession stand reminded me of a high school stadium..no local flavor, no local vendors.. coca cola and hot dogs. At half time they were OUT OF WATER.

After the game we started our mourning. It was good it was San Diego, a mellow fan base so except some good natured ribbing there wasnt much going on trouble wise.

Todd, Greg, and Dave headed down town after the game, Jesse and Micki headed to the beach for a bit. I stayed in and pouted and showered.

Eventually went out for a bit..went back..and WENT BACK OUT again because we realized Sunday at midnight wed left an open tab and credit card at the club Saturday night. Went back..and the Seahawk bar was predicatably empty. It was a bit sad. lol.

Had an evening flight Monday was had a chance to check out the flight museum with Todd.

Once back in the Seattle area.. my bag didnt make it..which I found a fitting end to a fun but disappointing trip.
IMG 0429

Flew over the mountain on the way down

IMG 0437

Order made shoes that my friends girlfriend wore. If you want a pair a pair PM me, we have the places contact info. That also do flats.

IMG 0460

Whisky Girl Bar.

IMG 0461

Still the Whisky Girl.

IMG 0467

Sad looking tickets by comparison.

IMG 0480

Our Gang.

IMG 0507

Heading into the stadium. Nary a Charger fan to be seen.

IMG 0511

Our view. Not bad. The stadium was a dump though.

IMG 0519

IMG 0536

Sunday night at Thrusters. Would the last Seahawk fan in San Diego please turn out the light?

IMG 0533

Jack13

Completely unrelated. Todd, this is the skull I was telling you about from Yemen.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
You must have gone out after I left. I stayed at the club level for about 2 hours bsing with some 12s and a few charger fans. Talked about fishing on the Snohomish river. Cant remember the boardwalk he was talking about tho. A lady bought a round and we stayed til last call. I was actually carded....what??? Took off and headed to the room. Cleaned up a bit then went to thrusters again. Not too many people out there. Left about 9pmish. I was there on Friday night at the entrance bar on the corner. Saturday we were near the dancefloor if you call it that. Got a pic shown on Aros thread. Go Hawks.

Largent80

Reaction score
My gameday photos......are as follows, one with me looking at an incredible beer at the Stone Brewery in Escondido which is 40 miles from SD, and was FILLED with 12's on Saturday.

Me and Talonted Nose Rider..

Y3hEqOl

12's partyin like bad dogs..

FrSXAeB

Me, friend of TNR's Drew and TNR...

9XLkhoh

My awesome wife and me...

8yzoEj4

View from my seat..

Q3GYmaM

Incredible US flag...

B8rsSCK

Dude...WTF?

PYYr4ts

Stone brewery Ruin10...wow

EeY7lzn

Bronto UP !!!!!!!!

KXz59Wm

Largent80

Reaction score
I got a LOT of compliments on my green jersey. I have 2. This one says "Ride Free" on the back, the other says "Dick Gozinya".......Ha, the couple behind me asked, what does ride free stand for. I said double meaning, I ride a motorcycle, and I give free rides to qualified women, as the number is #69....Of course I was single when I got this in 2009... :lol:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rob, I see your seats were in the shade? Lucky bastard! Too bad I couldn't locate you guys...Not for a lack of trying...Would have been fun to pound a drink or two with ya. Like Ross said, our seats were about 7 inches from the Sun, lol...My seat was almost at the very top of the stadium. I was a bit disappointed about the mark up on our tickets. My face value seat was $58 yet I paid almost $100 more. There were other Seahawks fans around so at least there was that.

Ross, that skull is wicked! We had some great conversation over the weekend. Thank you for some insight into your life and career. Your historical knowledge is awe-inspiring!

Of course, we want our Hawks to win the game but honestly, it's the friendships, communing, bonding, prefunking and post-funking and just hanging out that makes any Seahawks game worth it, home or away. Other than the heat and the loss, it was an awesome trip, I feel fortunate to have gone on it!

Oh PS...Ross, do you need your chakaras cleansed?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ya...I should have stayed out another hour. I would have been in the Bar then when you all showed up. I saw that there was a lacking of enthusiasm there and left about 15 mins before you showed up. (my guess).

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Would you say maybe 30% of the stadium were Seahawk fans?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ZagHawk":8s2wt39r said:

Yes, in fact my impression was almost half. I'm sure it was more like 30% but it sure felt, looked and sounded 40-50% to me.

Largent80

Reaction score
Aros":3675tqwc said:
Rob, I see your seats were in the shade?

We had shade until about 10 minutes into the 1st quarter, but we had been out in the parking lot since about 10, and were in the sun the whole rest of the game. I have no regrets about getting those seats as I got them online for $118 each from the Chargers site.

Largent80

Reaction score
Largent80":2oqdmc57 said:
Aros":2oqdmc57 said:
Rob, I see your seats were in the shade?

We had shade until about 10 minutes into the 1st quarter, but we had been out in the parking lot since about 10, and were in the sun the whole rest of the game. I have no regrets about getting those seats as I got them online for $118 each from the Chargers site.

We had 1 Charger fan in our area, the rest were all 12's, and on the concourse behind us were constant SEA------ HAWKS chants, I actually had a great time despite the outcome of the game. Met a whole bunch of folks from here I didn't know. Rasta, Hawkfan80, RJ Driver spotted me in the stands and came up and introduced himself. Pretty cool.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":3661x3eb said:
ZagHawk":3661x3eb said:

Yes, in fact my impression was almost half. I'm sure it was more like 30% but it sure felt, looked and sounded 40-50% to me.

I was thinking more like 40% to 50% myself. I was a tiny bit lower than them and looked down on the lower section and saw a sea of blue/white/gray that were mostly Hawkfans. Across the way were mostly white with the Charger chant.

NYCoug

Reaction score
It was great meeting you last weekend, Ross, and your friends as well. The game ended up being a nightmare but all was not lost. Hopefully I'll see you at a game sometime. That's the best no-huddle tailgating I've ever had the privilege to be a part. I'm sure the family of DeShawn Shead would agree.

Great pictures everyone. I'm glad everyone still had a great time regardless of the outcome. Onward and upward, it's the only way.