Sherman Making Me Nervous

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else here but Sherman's press conference from either Tuesday or Wednesday did not make me very confident. He basically said the Broncos are the same team running the same plays as last year so he knows what to expect. My guess is Manning is not taking that approach to this Sunday.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":vg0zqoyy said:
Don't know about anyone else here but Sherman's press conference from either Tuesday or Wednesday did not make me very confident. He basically said the Broncos are the same team running the same plays as last year so he knows what to expect. My guess is Manning is not taking that approach to this Sunday.

You dont think he is smarter than that?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
drama drama drama. Come on man, have some faith in the best corner in the game. And the best team in the game.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Let's see Sherm baiting someone or trying to get in their head, who would have thought it? I don't worry bout him too much. Rivers had a great game against the legion but they aren't done. If Kam can get one big lick in early I think bad memories will creep in. Denver's going to adjust but so will the hawks. Bring the noise and the rush and its over.

Largent80

Reaction score
He watches more film than the entire team combined, he knows what he is talking about.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":3op9o6el said:

What is Manning going to do so drastically different than what they did last year. The only major changes that could possibly happen are going to be because they have a few players back from injuries and they made a couple additions in the off season.
It's not like Pey Pey is gonna start throwing deep passes all of a sudden. He definitely isn't going to become a mobile QB. So what they have to go on is what they normally do. The biggest part of us winning this game I believe is going to ride on the success of our front 4 on D, and how effective DT can play against our linebackers.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
If something is going to make you nervous about Sherman, it should be how often a receiver of Royal's caliber got him moving in the wrong direction on Sunday.

kpak76

Reaction score
To the OP, back away from the ledge. Don't jump this early in the season.

Melencause

Reaction score
Manning is limited in what he can change. I really doubt there is very much different with the Broncos game this year. Maybe a new wrinkle or two.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Yeah, cuz Sherm neeeever baits an opponent into letting him rent some head space... naaaa, not Sherm /sarcasm off

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's because the Broncos are the same offense running the same plays.

They're different a little on defense, but that's not the tape Sherman's watching, so not really controversial for him to say something like this.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Manning is the greatest regular season qb of all time.

I am sure he has watched film of that Superb Owl beat down all offseason. Dude will be ready and will play well.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3v35uxbt said:
Sounds like people expect Sherm to give up zero catches for the entire season. Ugh

Seriously. Believe it or not, people...Sherman gave up some catches last year. In fact, there were a few times he got BURNED last year. Colts game, anyone?

The media has created this image that no one can ever complete a catch against Sherman for some reason.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know part of what makes Peyton Manning so great is Consistency. I doubt he's going to come in with a complete 180 degree change in game plan and scheme. Neither will we. The difference, both teams will do what they can do to execute better.

Didn't Richard Sherman just say himself that when you're great you make others adjust for you, not the other way around.

Largent80

Reaction score
At home on defense we are way faster on the snap. People that think using the super bowl as to how this will play out are in fact ....Incorrect.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3vu4g1xs said:
You know part of what makes Peyton Manning so great is Consistency. I doubt he's going to come in with a complete 180 degree change in game plan and scheme. Neither will we. The difference, both teams will do what they can do to execute better.

Besides, it's not like his geriatric back, arm and neck can do anything "new". What, is he going to roll out of the pocket now? Throw 40 yard bombs down the field? Nope.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1yd8ibco said:
The media has created this image that no one can ever complete a catch against Sherman for some reason.

Uh, the media created that image? Sherman's kept himself in the news and as the face of the franchise by creating that image for himself.

Just to be clear of course he's going to get beat sometimes as everyone does and giving up a couple catches is normal, not the sky falling, but blaming "the media" for that image rather than Sherman himself is pretty silly, IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2yq1axo6 said:
HawkFan72":2yq1axo6 said:

Uh, the media created that image? Sherman's kept himself in the news and as the face of the franchise by creating that image for himself.

Just to be clear of course he's going to get beat sometimes as everyone does and giving up a couple catches is normal, not the sky falling, but blaming "the media" for that image rather than Sherman himself is pretty silly, IMO.

Bingo.

The media didn't do anything but continue to put a mic in front of Sherman's mug.

See that's the problem with proclaiming yourself the best thing ever, the only way to go is down.......and Sherman's finding that out after losses like last week. Now there's an entire league waiting to burn him and then talk about it.

I like what he said yesterday, but I didn't like his initial comments Sunday night and Monday. Can't have it both ways Sherm, if you're gonna talk mad amounts of crap, you've got to eat a little humble pie when we lose and your defense plays like ass.