Our Punter and this game

dusktreader

Reaction score
He and Lockette are wreaking some havoc on opposing PRs. Great punts today!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Watching it live, my jaw just dropped when I saw his gorgeous punts. Truly amazing.

And I am so glad Lockette isn't on the digits anymore

-bsd

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I am really glad they unleashed him this year and just let him rip it deep......60+ yards is unbelievable. Most teams are afraid they will out kick their coverage and they are normally right but w/ our speed/skills at gunner (esp Lockette) we got this covered. Add in the placement on those short field punts inside the 10 and that there is an all pro "shutdown" kicker in my book.

Kudos to Ryan for sure.

peppersjap

Reaction score
His kick after the safety was insane! The special teams with him and Lockette were incredible today!

Mick063

Reaction score
By the national pundits, the most overlooked player in all of football.

Remember last year when Seattle had held teams to some ridiculous number for punt returns last year? I believe it was close to zero until the waning moments of the season. Lane got a ton of "gunner" credit for it, but it doesn't happen without Ryan's beastly hang time.

Ryan is the best punter in football. Period.

warden

Reaction score
Ryan punted the ball 6 times dropping five of them inside the twenty. One of those kicks was 66yards, another was 61 yards. Those 6 punts averaged 50 yards netting an average of 47 yards. And if that doesn't impress, then look at his 7th kick caused by the safety, he drilled that one 80 yards, absolutely amazing.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Usually you're crapping bricks after a safety because the team that scored 2 points is getting the ball at midfield, not the case with Ryan! He was nails.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Cirmman":1p2q5ig4 said:
Lost in all this was how much of a beast Jon Ryan was.

Awesome game

Excellent call out, Cirman! Jon Ryan is one of the truly unsung heros that absolutely no one in the media was talking about.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Reaneypark":3qnsebzr said:
Usually you're crapping bricks after a safety because the team that scored 2 points is getting the ball at midfield, not the case with Ryan! He was nails.

One of the plays of the game, I reckon.

James in PA

Reaction score
dusktreader":3czpp959 said:
Yep. Ryan and Lockette the Rocket were my co-mvp's for that game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
James in PA":1cx5etbl said:
dusktreader":1cx5etbl said:
Yep. Ryan and Lockette the Rocket were my co-mvp's for that game.

Gotta throw in some kudos for one of our big uglies. Anyone see that bulldozing block JR Sweezy made to open that huge hole on Beast's OT TD run?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The way he was punting is exactly why they should have ran the ball 3 times and let him boom another. The D was doing great on 3rd downs. Calling a pass play from our own end zone, with a 2 TD lead, on 2nd and long is ridiculous.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I had to rewind that free kick after the Safety at least 3-4 times to truly appreciate it. I was looking at my wife saying did you frigging see that! Longest Punt I have ever seen! EVER!

Ryan is man!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yup, Here's Pete's full statement. I full agree.

I thought that Jon Ryan just had an incredible influence in this game, throughout. Taking a safety back there really isn't the worst thing that can happen if you are fortunate enough to change the field position, and Jon, he kicked it I don't know far he kicked it, it might have been 80 yards in the air, I don't know what it was, but the coverage and the kick and all that was extraordinary. But that wasn't the only one, he was banging the ball all day today. He kept them deep and all that. If there was anybody who was MVP, it might have been Jon Ryan today with his effort, because he had probably the best day of his career, I would think.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/9/22...russell-wilson-kam-chancellor-richard-sherman