Please Keep Lynch On This Team Beyond This Season

timmat

Reaction score
There was so much chatter in the off-season regarding a passing of the guard at RB, and Beast being cut after this year. But it is so blatantly obvious that Lynch is vital to our success. Both he and Russell have a very unique skill set that is required for us to have success with the kind of O line play we have. His ferocious, angry, slashing running style is unlike any other player. We've all heard many times about how RBs break down. But until some tangible drop off appears on the field, we've got to keep this guy. He is a joy to watch, and never gives in.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The guys who are supposed to replace him are still clueless.
Christine Michael didn't even make the roster for the second time. When was the last time Lynch missed a game because of injury?
Turbin almost got RW killed, because he didn't know how to block.
Watching Lynch run and watching Turbin run is like night and day ...
Our current offense is simply perfect for Lynch + Wilson ... Period.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
He clearly doesn't think $5mil is enough, though. He tried to hold out this year with two years left on his contract and will surely hold out next year. And Wilson's going to need to get paid.

But there's no point in worrying about it now. We've got a whole season and off-season ahead of us. Anything could happen.

kearly

Reaction score
Can we keep Lynch forever? If there is one player I want to see Seattle hold onto a year too long, it's Lynch.

OP
OP
timmat

timmat

Reaction score
Largent80":2tweohlm said:
He is the Seahawks.
This. Before the Legion of Boom, before Russell, Marshawn came in and really set the tone for the team identity Carroll wanted to instill. Although an offensive player, his attitude set the tone for what the D became.

I didn't like the message that was sent in preseason marketing - no game ticket with him on it. None of this year's new stadium portraits of him, etc. It seemed in the offseason that the organization was preparing for transition. The Packers and Broncos games this season have already shown we're nowhere near a RB transition.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":1ibqnml3 said:
He clearly doesn't think $5mil is enough, though. He tried to hold out this year with two years left on his contract and will surely hold out next year. And Wilson's going to need to get paid.

But there's no point in worrying about it now. We've got a whole season and off-season ahead of us. Anything could happen.

He won't be holding out, and only threatened a hold out this year because A) he knew Michael wasn't ready B) that he'd likely be let go before the start of next year and C) it got him out of camp.

Basically he just wanted the terms of this year and next flip flopped. I felt it was a reasonable stand and it wasn't like he was never going to report one way or the other. He was obviously conditioning himself for the season and holding out (for 2 years, essentially) would have meant his retirement.

And to the guy above that said "Turbin doesn't even know how to block". There's a hella difference between coming in cold off the bench and missing an assignment and not knowing how to block. Turbin is an excellent blocking RB and one reason he's active while the more dynamic Michael sits eating up cap and a roster spot.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I think part of the problem is the opposing teams see Turbin and think "the only reason he's in the game is to run the ball"

It seems like every time Turbin rushes they stack the box and he gets hit by like literally 3 or 4 guys in the backfield...

Honestly we should probably start using him as a decoy make them stack the box and then throw it to him, a tight end, or Coleman, etc...

Not sure what the previous poster meant Christine Michael didn't make the team? I thought it was an injury issue and we'd see him after the bye...

I agree though at this time we are not ready to move on from Lynch next season. Our defense has had a massive decline, I think the new rule emphasis really screwed Sherman and Maxwell. They playing by the new rules but they aren't nearly as effective as they used to be so far.

So if our defense can't dominate pretty much every game like they did last season... Well then we need Lynch to run for consistent production so we win the time of possession.

It almost seems like against the chargers we were trying to see if we could beat an elite offense without Lynch and without our super expensive Harvin...

I'm not sure if there are any implications that we are trying to move on from Lynch or even scale back our offense (I don't know if Harvins money is guaranteed next season? I'm guessing it is...) but if we can't afford Maxwell and Cliff Avril our defense could become pretty ordinary next season... Something's got to give we can't afford all the guys we need...

If Christine Michael was the stud RB he seems to be potentially... lynch might of been the guy to get cut next season... As of now our team is worthless without Lynch because it seems Bevell cannot call a consistently solid game without him .

I have a feeling we will keep Lynch next season and cut some other offensive player(s). The fact that we targeted Walters like 5 times today would indicate one or more of our receivers will get the boot next season.

It's also very likely in my opinion that we will cut Okung in attempt to preserve our defensive personnel. he's been playing like garbage and is making a ton of money.

This off season will be VERY interesting to see what we do with our roster. Anyone who is over payed in the slightest bit (Okung, Unger, TJack, etc) could be gone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All we heard in the off-season was how they would be "just fine w/out him" when he was semi-holding out.
Um no, Turbin and Michael will NEVER be at his level.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":245oc834 said:
All we heard in the off-season was how they would be "just fine w/out him" when he was semi-holding out.
Um no, Turbin and Michael will NEVER be at his level.

Thats a long time!

As much as it pains me, the FO had no choice but to begin preparing for the day Marshawn is no longer here. At this stage Turbin is (yesterdays blunder aside) a great blocker, a good pass catcher and a so,so running back, and from every indication I have seen, a great guy. I still have not seen enough of Michael to truly evaluate him as a blocker, but as a pure running back I believe him to be superior to Turbin in most measures and ultimately that is what is needed here. Someone who can be relied upon to consistently shoulder the game, and control the clock. Blocking can and must be taught I grant you. Nevertheless when I see that kid explode off a block I smile knowing that at least we are building in the wake of a Marshawn-less Seahawks team. No he may never be a Marshawn Lynch (who could?), but he might prove to be damn good. And that I will take.