Welker destroyed on Kam's interception

sc85sis

Reaction score
Actually looks a bit as if Earl eased up just before hitting him. Still, the league will probably fine him based on the fact Welker was looking in the other direction and thus would be defenseless by rule.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
A lot of complaining about that hit being a dirty hit on a defenseless receiver from Bronco fans on their forums. The ball was intercepted well before the hit, making it a perfectly legal block.

zhawk

Reaction score
bitter.... that avatar is awesome! :th2thumbs:

HawkWow

Reaction score
This forum would certainly be complaining if it were a Hawk, too.

Good clean, old school football, imo, ...but I was scared to death Kam's return would be negated and we were going to end up at our own 10 (or so). Like Kearly suggested, I think it just got missed.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
zhawk":32ab43h9 said:

I felt a little dirty buying the Crabtree lego, but well worth the end result.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Bitter":2x8iltwi said:
zhawk":2x8iltwi said:

I felt a little dirty buying the Crabtree lego, but well worth the end result.

The whole team should soon be available at half price.
I anticipate a major melt down in SC coming soon, so if those things melt when set ablaze, that too would make for a cool avatar, imo.

Ruminator

Reaction score
ET had a huge game today. Was definitely on a mission to help the team get the win. In all three games, he was freaking everywhere!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Seller was picking the crap out of our guys I this game, good to see him get some payback.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Sure looks like shoulder to helmet to me, I think the Broncos fans have a legit beef here. Of course, Baghdad Mike Perriera defended the non-call, saying that Thomas did not lead with the helmet. That's all well and good, but refs will always call shoulder to helmet when they see it, and they should.

I don't think it was a dirty hit though, I just think (Earl?) missed the strike zone high.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kearly":3qez8701 said:
Sure looks like shoulder to helmet to me, I think the Broncos fans have a legit beef here. Of course, Baghdad Mike Perriera defended the non-call, saying that Thomas did not lead with the helmet. That's all well and good, but refs will always call shoulder to helmet when they see it, and they should.

I don't think it was a dirty hit though, I just think (Earl?) missed the strike zone high.

No, Thomas only made contact with Welker's chest; the helmet was not touched. You can see that more clearly in close ups and from other angles. It was a great play by Thomas to make perfect contact with the strike zone.

Wes welker gets laid out n

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/91C6C6 ... kkW61rfjJq

Tical21

Reaction score
I saw this during the game. I didn't think anything of it. Earl was going a million miles an hour. He didn't lower himself in any way, and I thought he completely eased up. He was going so fast that contact was inevitable and since Welker wasn't looking, he went down like a sack of potatoes. I guarantee you Welker doesn't think it was a dirty hit.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Another angle that shows Thomas making contact with Welker's chest with his shoulder:

51034f100908f92951b846dd05a43257

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Tical21":1h85d6a1 said:
I saw this during the game. I didn't think anything of it. Earl was going a million miles an hour. He didn't lower himself in any way, and I thought he completely eased up. He was going so fast that contact was inevitable and since Welker wasn't looking, he went down like a sack of potatoes. I guarantee you Welker doesn't think it was a dirty hit.

Welker probably has no recollection of it happening.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I dont know what the rules say but I was damn nervous when that hit happened... Had it negated the interception, it would have been a killer.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely swarming D. Three guys with a legitimate shot at making a play on the ball, and Sherm not far off either.

Got to question Peyton's decision making there though, that was terrible.

keith da hawk

Reaction score
You have to feel bad for Welker. It seems like he gets absolutely destroyed at least once every time he plays against the Seahawks. Go back to 2012 when Browner blew him up, twice in the Super Bowl where he get de-cleated by KJ Wright and then almost murdered by Chancellor, and then ET lighting him up today. Just bad luck for him overall. Haha!