Kam been playing hurt?

wthchristi

Reaction score
Was only have listening to ESPN as my hubby loves to channel surf, but he hit ESPN when they were talking about injuries, etc. The reporter said that Kam has had bone spurs in his ankle and they had been planning on surgery after this game that would put him out of action for 8 weeks. Good news is he tried new shoes and a couple other things (sorry missed them) and they have now taken surgery off the table for now as he was able to play much improved today. This explains much of what I had noticed the last couple of weeks with Kam, where he just seemed "off", his speed has not been there. Not questioning his heart, just that he was not quite the Bam Bam Kam we are use to seeing on the field. Today he played like the usual Kam- hardhitting and breath stealer, lol.

If there is already a thread or I somehow screwed up my first thread, I'm sorry in advance.

zhawk

Reaction score
wthchristi":cdk6573f said:
Was only have listening to ESPN as my hubby loves to channel surf, but he hit ESPN when they were talking about injuries, etc. The reporter said that Kam has had bone spurs in his ankle and they had been planning on surgery after this game that would put him out of action for 8 weeks. Good news is he tried new shoes and a couple other things (sorry missed them) and they have now taken surgery off the table for now as he was able to play much improved today. This explains much of what I had noticed the last couple of weeks with Kam, where he just seemed "off", his speed has not been there. Not questioning his heart, just that he was not quite the Bam Bam Kam we are use to seeing on the field. Today he played like the usual Kam- hardhitting and breath stealer, lol.

If there is already a thread or I somehow screwed up my first thread, I'm sorry in advance.

maybe hobbled, but still awesome.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hadn't heard about bone spurs. I know he had hip surgery over the off-season that delayed his start to the season. To think they were going to have to sit him down for 8 weeks due to bone spurs would be a big hit. Jeron Johnson probably could provide adequate replacement but that would be a big hit to one of the impact players on D.

I will keep my ears open to see if there are any rumblings about this and my eyes open for any articles mentioning this as a possibility.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He played through bone spurs during the 2012 season. Maybe that's what they were referring to?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
God I hope not. If we have a major weakness it's our depth in the secondary. Any one of our big 4 go down and we're in trouble. [/Blitzer]

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well that doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully they can keep it manageable like that.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Crap..... Never like heading about stuff like this. Really hope our doesn't become a bigger problem down the road.