I think we need to talk about Wilson V Luck for a change

SeatownJay

Reaction score
For a change? Wilson v Luck has been a recurring topic of conversation around here since the day Wilson was drafted.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like both but I love me some Wilson. I wouldn't trade Wilson for Luck in other words.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
SeatownJay":jimboe31 said:
For a change? Wilson v Luck has been a recurring topic of conversation around here since the day Wilson was drafted.

Obvious sarcasm...to most

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":21tlf9w7 said:
SeatownJay":21tlf9w7 said:

Obvious sarcasm...to most

Exactly.

Was hilarious to watch Bayless argue this point today with Steven A. and Eric Allen. Yes i watch that garbage, don't judge...

SilNWest

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3qyi6rb0 said:

:sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Already been discussed today on ESPN. It's been settled.... Tim Hasselbeck the lesser of the Hass bros stated Luck is far superior. No contest due to lack of supporting talent. End of discussion. That guy from Denver who said he'd take RW knows nothing since he only plays the game but as a corner NOT a qb like Tim Hasselhoff.

He obviously never talked about Lucks standout WR corps or the fact Luck is allowed to inflate his stats by winging it unlike RW in Seattle.

Torc

Reaction score
One of the reasons I get so annoyed with the supporting cast argument is how you can apply it to other QBs.

Joe Montana: "too short, arm too weak" to play in the NFL. Third round draft pick. Playing in a system ideal for his skillset. Played with a couple of future Hall of Famers on his defense. One of the Super Bowl years they had 4 members of the secondary in the Pro Bowl. Throwing to Jerry Rice, the greatest receiver to strap on cleats (well, except for Largent) and arguably the best football player of all time at any position. Handed off to Roger Craig, a Hall of Fame nominee.

Yet no one argues that Montana was just a product of the team and not one of the reasons for their success.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Chris Harris, CB for the Denver Broncos:

"He's the best quarterback we've played so far," Harris said of Wilson. "I don't know why they keep saying Andrew Luck is better than him. He's not better than Russell Wilson."

Broncos played the Colts in Week 1.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":14v76brl said:
Already been discussed today on ESPN. It's been settled.... Tim Hasselbeck the lesser of the Hass bros stated Luck is far superior. No contest due to lack of supporting talent. End of discussion. That guy from Denver who said he'd take RW knows nothing since he only plays the game but as a corner NOT a qb like Tim Hasselhoff.

He obviously never talked about Lucks standout WR corps or the fact Luck is allowed to inflate his stats by winging it unlike RW in Seattle.

Or that the holes he continually digs himself out of are mostly self dug.

kearly

Reaction score
This article comes after Luck posts a MONSTER game (against Jacksonville). Goofy timing.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":gtbhdlon said:
This article comes after Luck posts a MONSTER game (against Jacksonville). Goofy timing.

With a "jags" grain of salt, though. Or plenty of caveats, asterisks, etc.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Im done talking about Luck now...ALL I care about is how this guy plays...no other qb id rather have than this guy

Super bowl 48 xlviii

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't get our tireless infatuation with this debate.

Why can't both QB's be REALLY good? Why do we have to pick sides? "Better" is a nebulous word that cannot be quantified, so why do we keep trying?

Both QB's are awesome and will be awesome for a long time, so let's move on and just be happy we've got one of the two best young QB's in the league that literally EVERY other team wishes they had.

Largent80

Reaction score
7-0 vs "elite" QB's. So WHO is actually elite?.....

And Sgt. I would say it is much sweeter for us since we got Wilson in the 3rd round and Luck was #1 overall.