What THEY are saying

taco40

Reaction score
After another Seahawk win, it's time to see what the sportswriters are saying about their losing team:

"Bring it on. Super Bowl Redux. The Broncos are getting closer to the Seahawks, at least."
http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2657 ... es-broncos

"The Seahawks vanquished the Broncos again, pouring rubbing alcohol on an open wound. Halftime didn't mark the end this time, though. The Broncos stared down the bully. But they couldn't run the ball. Again." AND
" They (Broncos) stole a script from the San Francisco 49ers, prepared to win an ugly, bare fisted brawl."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26 ... vs-seattle

"Unlike the Super Bowl, the only difference Sunday between the Broncos and Seattle was a flip of the coin." AND
"In 2012, the league amended its overtime rules to allow each team to possess the ball at least once in the extra period, unless a touchdown is scored on the opening drive by the lucky bums who win the coin flip."
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_265 ... cos-ending

Note: Deion Sanders, on the NFL network wrap-up show complained about the rules, too. Apparently both Kiszla (writer above) and the Sanders (who is often coherent, but not this time) grasped a little too much for a creative angle.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
taco40":7dxuuq5j said:
After another Seahawk win, it's time to see what the sportswriters are saying about their losing team:

"Bring it on. Super Bowl Redux. The Broncos are getting closer to the Seahawks, at least."

"The Seahawks vanquished the Broncos again, pouring rubbing alcohol on an open wound. Halftime didn't mark the end this time, though. The Broncos stared down the bully. But they couldn't run the ball. Again." AND
" They (Broncos) stole a script from the San Francisco 49ers, prepared to win an ugly, bare fisted brawl."

"Unlike the Super Bowl, the only difference Sunday between the Broncos and Seattle was a flip of the coin." AND
"In 2012, the league amended its overtime rules to allow each team to possess the ball at least once in the extra period, unless a touchdown is scored on the opening drive by the lucky bums who win the coin flip."

Note: Deion Sanders, on the NFL network wrap-up show complained about the rules, too. Apparently both Kiszla (writer above) and the Sanders (who is often coherent, but not this time) grasped a little too much for a creative angle.

Denver had no business winning this game.

Without the missed FG, the Safety debacle of a drive, the INT that we had no business throwing, this game wasnt close.

The only reason Denver scored two TD's is because of the INT, and because of a prevent defense that boggles the mind.

The Seahawks are a better team even after the fact that the Broncos every more in the offseason was based on how they would beat teams like Seattle.

This Media outcry from Denver is completely pathetic not only in the whining about OT rules but the fact that the Broncos had all the breaks in the world in this game and still couldnt win it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jacknut16":1tr9gkv4 said:
taco40":1tr9gkv4 said:

Without the missed FG, the Safety debacle of a drive, the INT that we had no business throwing, this game wasnt close.

The only reason Denver scored two TD's is because of the INT, and because of a prevent defense that boggles the mind.

The Seahawks are a better team even after the fact that the Broncos every more in the offseason was based on how they would beat teams like Seattle.

This Media outcry from Denver is completely pathetic not only in the whining about OT rules but the fact that the Broncos had all the breaks in the world in this game and still couldnt win it.

I disagree with you about denver deserving a win. They fought back and tied the game. Give them a little credit for driving down the field when they needed to. Field goal aside, they came at us.

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
What gets me is that you just know that if Manning had done what Wilson did in OT by driving the Donkeys to a TD to win it without our Seahawks getting the ball, Sanders nor anybody else would be saying a word!!!

I mean, why weren't all these guys whining 3 years ago with their beloved Donkeys actually eliminated the Steelers in OT of a Playoff game by scoring a TD on the opening drive of OT?

Guarantee the NFL looks into changing this OT rule now. Which would be ridiculous in my humble opinion.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Jacknut16":3486jsyx said:
taco40":3486jsyx said:

You sound like a sore winner. The only reason they scored two touchdowns was..things the Seahawks did wrong? Well, yea.. thats how the game is played. We missed a FG. We threw a pick (almost threw another). So, in other words, if we were better we would have won by more? Well, obviously. But we werent. Yesterday we exactly 6 points better.
The Broncos are a good team and good team take advantage where they can. Just like the Seahawks. I think if we see them again, we will win by more. And by some measures we did better yesterday on defense than the Super Bowl. But, clearly the Broncos have closed some of the gap.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Laloosh":2tpcimlm said:
Jacknut16":2tpcimlm said:
taco40":2tpcimlm said:

I disagree with you about denver deserving a win. They fought back and tied the game. Give them a little credit for driving down the field when they needed to. Field goal aside, they came at us.

Had we played the regular defense with :59 seconds remaining in the game, there is almost no way the Broncos would have moved the ball, much less score. The had no sustained drives for points except for against the prevent defense.

The Prevent defense played right into Mannings hands.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Vetamur":1inahwjz said:
Jacknut16":1inahwjz said:
taco40":1inahwjz said:

You sound like a sore winner. The only reason they scored two touchdowns was..things the Seahawks did wrong? Well, yea.. thats how the game is played. We missed a FG. We threw a pick (almost threw another). So, in other words, if we were better we would have won by more? Well, obviously. But we werent. Yesterday we exactly 6 points better.
The Broncos are a good team and good team take advantage where they can. Just like the Seahawks. I think if we see them again, we will win by more. And by some measures we did better yesterday on defense than the Super Bowl. But, clearly the Broncos have closed some of the gap.

Sore winner?

Im talking about Denver claiming they were the better team, or should have gotten a shot in OT with the ball, or they should have won.

Im doing nothing but defending the fact that if Denver was as good or better than the Hawks they had 4 quarters to show it and could only move the ball when the Hawks changed up the defense.

Not to mention the ridiculous fumble reversal, the INT, the safety, the missed FG.

All very rare things, and combined it was the type of game where a lesser team could have won. A team that was near the Seahawks level should have won, and a team that was better than the Hawks WOULD have won.

byau

Reaction score
Each team can make a statement that the other team should not have won the game. That it was only a few costly mistakes by their own team that "let the other team" win the game

That's what champions do, they capitalize on opportunities. For that reason, if you're going to credit Seattle for the win you need to credit Denver for almost winning and keeping it close.

And I do agree, yes you can say it was the fate of a coin flip that the Seahawks won. It would be interesting to see if LOB would have stopped the Broncos on a drive (I am leaning towards yes, but not with 100% confidence).

That being said, while I think the OT rules are not fair either, that both teams should have at least one drive, those rules have been in place for .. how long? Everyone knows the rules, so when the Hawks take the field in OT for offense, the Broncos already know if a touchdown is scored that's the game and so they know it is a must-stop drive.

If you know the rules, you know what you need to do to win.

So the Hawks deserved this win, and the Broncos deserve a lot of credit for keeping it close and forcing Seahawks mistakes and capitalizing on them to get back into the game.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
byau":3drfezjh said:
Each team can make a statement that the other team should not have won the game. That it was only a few costly mistakes by their own team that "let the other team" win the game

That's what champions do, they capitalize on opportunities. For that reason, if you're going to credit Seattle for the win you need to credit Denver for almost winning and keeping it close.

And I do agree, yes you can say it was the fate of a coin flip that the Seahawks won. It would be interesting to see if LOB would have stopped the Broncos on a drive (I am leaning towards yes, but not with 100% confidence).

That being said, while I think the OT rules are not fair either, that both teams should have at least one drive, those rules have been in place for .. how long? Everyone knows the rules, so when the Hawks take the field in OT for offense, the Broncos already know if a touchdown is scored that's the game and so they know it is a must-stop drive.

If you know the rules, you know what you need to do to win.

So the Hawks deserved this win, and the Broncos deserve a lot of credit for keeping it close and forcing Seahawks mistakes and capitalizing on them to get back into the game.

Well.....

Any win in the NFL is a good one.

The Broncos tried to build a team to beat us and couldnt.

Giving them credit for being close means, in reality, basically nothing.

Many games will be close, it doesnt neccassarily mean that the Broncos "closed the gap"
I really saw nothing except some bad prevent defense and the offense laying an egg in the 4th Q that made me in any way nervous about facing that team again, IMHO.

JGreen79

Reaction score
If that missed fg had only bounced off both uprights, the crossbar and gone in we would have won in regulation.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1f90zvcv said:
Zebulon Dak":1f90zvcv said:
SacHawk2.0":1f90zvcv said:
BTW, that was a fumble.

'Twas.

But Mike Carey (professional Seahawk dogger) said it was definitely NOT a fumble because it met only 15 of the 16 elements of a catch...

Gaaawd I wanted to punch his stupid face.

Greenhell

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":7f01rn28 said:
Zebulon Dak":7f01rn28 said:
SacHawk2.0":7f01rn28 said:
BTW, that was a fumble.

'Twas.

But Mike Carey (professional Seahawk dogger) said it was definitely NOT a fumble because it met only 15 of the 16 elements of a catch...

Screw that. We all know had he caught that in the end zone it would've been a TD not incomplete pass.

byau

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2cthri9a said:
byau":2cthri9a said:

Well.....

Any win in the NFL is a good one.

The Broncos tried to build a team to beat us and couldnt.

Giving them credit for being close means, in reality, basically nothing.

Many games will be close, it doesnt neccassarily mean that the Broncos "closed the gap"
I really saw nothing except some bad prevent defense and the offense laying an egg in the 4th Q that made me in any way nervous about facing that team again, IMHO.

I agree with you and let me amend my statement that when I say keeping it close, forcing Seahawks mistakes and capitalizing on them, what I am really saying is give Denver credit for being a dangerous team.

The Seahawks earned this victory, for the majority of the game they shut Denver down. However, one of the calling cards of the Seahawks is not letting up on the throttle. Russ even talked about this back in the SB48 (and you can hear it on the SB48 wired up) about how he says even with a lead they can't let up on the throttle. The last drive by Payton Manning, the Hawks let up on the throttle, perhaps not giving enough credit to Payton for being that dangerous.

That's what I'm saying.

And I agree with everything you said: a win is a win, moral victories don't win you a trophy, and I would still bet the Hawks against the Broncos in the next game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2zspcbvt said:
taco40":2zspcbvt said:

No offense, but posts like this drive me nuts. I get what your'e saying at the end, but it's rare for a team to play a perfect game on both sides of the ball. Atlanta's last game, our game in 2012 vs. the Cards, there's a few out there, but it's rare. So yea, Denver wouldv'e been blown out if we had done nothing wrong. But then again, if Kam hadn't intercepted that Manning pass, if Denver hadn't made any mistakes and had no turnovers, well they would've won.

There's going to mistakes on both sides, it's how you deal with it that matters. Our mistake was the prevent defense (which I TOTALLY agree with you) and our wonderful prevent offense in the 2nd half.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":iym8t18v said:
LawlessHawk":iym8t18v said:
Zebulon Dak":iym8t18v said:
SacHawk2.0":iym8t18v said:
BTW, that was a fumble.

'Twas.

Gaaawd I wanted to punch his stupid face.

I didn't understand this one. How is catching the ball and moving it into his right hand and tucking it away not considered a "football move"? That's literally the only moving of the football that recievers will do. If that's the case, then no catch is a catch because no receivers make football moves.