Kam has bone spurs

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sounds like he felt comfortable enough yesterday to end the surgery discussion.

Then again, I wouldn't be opposed to getting him healthy and playing Jeron Johnson for the next couple months.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Losing Kam for season is not an option... Jeron Johnson is good but Kam is from a different planet.

Largent80

Reaction score
A source told FOX Sports that Chancellor was so debilitated in San Diego the team was mulling a procedure to clean up bone spurs, with the plan being Chancellor would play in Sunday's Super Bowl rematch against the Denver Broncos and then undergo surgery heading into the bye week. Under that scenario, Chancellor would rest six to eight weeks and be back for the Thanksgiving game against the rival San Francisco 49ers at the latest.

This needs to happen unfortunately.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
"Man, it felt great today," Chancellor told FOX Sports by phone on his way out of CenturyLink Field. "Last week, it was bothering me. But this week, it felt amazing. We did some different stuff to fix it up, fix the shoes and stuff and it felt awesome."

Laloosh

Reaction score
Take care of him. If surgery is needed, just do it. I get that guys play through pain but take care of this guy. Going to need him in that back half of the season.

NYCoug

Reaction score
"I've got to keep these dogs up in the air," he said of both feet. "But I'm not one to complain. Sometimes, as a man, you get your ass whupped, you get up and fight again."

I'm not worried if Kam's not. Love the dude, what a warrior! Badass quote! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3dy7ellq said:
This needs to happen unfortunately.

Yeah bone spurs aren't something that just go away, they can be managed but eventually you have to have the surgery.

Just disappointed that Kam might have to have ANOTHER procedure after just getting his hip fixed.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
One of the many reasons I'm glad that I'm not a football player. I can't imagine needing a medical procedure and everyone weighing in on whether or not I should have it done.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Laloosh":3awyxysk said:
Take care of him. If surgery is needed, just do it. I get that guys play through pain but take care of this guy. Going to need him in that back half of the season.
This.

Would suck to lose him at any point -- there's nobody else like him in the league at this point -- but better now than in the rugged second half of the season for sure.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think i'd rather have it done once we get Lane/Simon back rather than being down yet another secondary guy.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The next six to eight weeks are the weeks we can most afford to lose him. We need him healthy for the run to the Super Bowl, not during our trouncings of teams like Washington, Dallas, Oakland, KC and the Giants.

I hope they don't decide to ignore this.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":srrunh0b said:
The next six to eight weeks are the weeks we can most afford to lose him. We need him healthy for the run to the Super Bowl, not during our trouncings of teams like Washington, Dallas, Oakland, KC and the Giants.

I hope they don't decide to ignore this.

Agree. Get it done now. Hell the bye week is a bonus week, so 6-8 really could have Kam only missing 5 games.

Tical21

Reaction score
Fix him. We gave Jeron Johnson a raise just in case something like this happens. He's a good player.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
It also needs to be explained if it is an ankle spur, or a heel spur?
I thought I heard he went with different shoes and it helped Sunday.
Maybe a heel spur and the new shoes have more padding in that location?