FBGPs 1st & Forever: Wilson is what People wanted Vick to be

Largent80

Reaction score
Nice.

Mr Wilson is absolutely fantastic. The way he extended the final drive yesterday was what I as a Hawk fan have always wanted from our QB. Plus he is a stand up human being..... :179417:

Here I am shaking his hand last November

7eKryX2

OP
OP
E

EmDiggy

Reaction score
Largent80":2sjyqqhf said:
Nice.

Mr Wilson is absolutely fantastic. The way he extended the final drive yesterday was what I as a Hawk fan have always wanted from our QB. Plus he is a stand up human being..... :179417:

7eKryX2

SWEET! I bet he's as genuine a person in real life as he portrays in his interviews

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":1uzktk0v said:
Nice.

7eKryX2
You can't fool me; That's Willy Nelson! [emoji102]

pehawk

Reaction score
Wilson IS what everyone, myself included, expected QB'ing to morph into after Vick lead VT to a NCG in his freshman year. It seemed like the natural progression of the sport. When Vick failed, a lot of football writers and pundits had their vision of what a QB is permanently tattooed in their brains. The Vick "experiment" forever closed their minds to alternate ways of quarterbacking. That's why there's still NFL types who see Wilson as a game manager, and always will.

My only bone to pick would be the arm strength comparison. I'm not sure why that's a stereotype about Wilson, but for whatever reason it is.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1v5h801z said:
Wilson IS what everyone, myself included, expected QB'ing to morph into after Vick lead VT to a NCG in his freshman year. It seemed like the natural progression of the sport. When Vick failed, a lot of football writers and pundits had their vision of what a QB is permanently tattooed in their brains. The Vick "experiment" forever closed their minds to alternate ways of quarterbacking. That's why there's still NFL types who see Wilson as a game manager, and always will.

My only bone to pick would be the arm strength comparison. I'm not sure why that's a stereotype about Wilson, but for whatever reason it is.
He is Michael Vick from the neck down, and Russell Wilson from the neck up...... A perfect fit for the Seahawks.
Arm strength without accuracy is great if you're just going to throw the ball away.
Game Manager?, yeah, all he seems able to do, is to "Manage" winning a lot of "Games".

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":2tmdifwq said:

Yeah, I'm not so sure Vic has the stronger arm. Russ has a beautiful deep ball. For all-out arm strength, I'd say bring Keap or Luck to the table if you want to see a discernible gap.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2vnouqk5 said:
pehawk":2vnouqk5 said:

Yeah, I'm not so sure Vic has the stronger arm. Russ has a beautiful deep ball. For all-out arm strength, I'd say bring Keap or Luck to the table if you want to see a discernible gap.
I'm positive Vick HAD a stronger arm. Wilson's arm strength gets undersold, but his accuracy begins to stink when he tries to do a bit extra. In fact, during his mid season struggles this year, he was throwing too hard.

kearly

Reaction score
Vick had a Kaepernick-esque arm when he was at Virginia Tech. Definitely stronger than Wilson. Wilson has a fringe elite arm, but Vick's was top drawer in his prime.

And as Scotte says, Wilson has to throw soft to find consistent accuracy, and that is part of the equation.

hawksurething

Reaction score
Great !

Vick was almost Jordan like when he started in the NFL!

He was so popular the NFL ran a special episode just for his comeback after the injury. He was so loved that falcon's owner pushed him around in that wheelchair,even in the cold ! :)

Vick was just from the south where they fight dogs & roosters. Its called the American pit bull for a reason...the USA breed them specifically to fight in pits ! The hood is just mimicking the evils of the USA through systematic manipulation.

But Vick was so popular he had haters that attacked him for the American pass time,when they turned into a felony from a misdermedor just because it was Vick. Think about that ;) where is Peta who killed all the dogs & the protestors now that dog & rooster fighting still going on ???

Where is the so called animal lovers when horse racing & dog racing still going on. We know dog racing's horrors how they beat & execute dogs who lose. Hipocrasy !

Anyways it's a lucky Wilson is a follower of God ! He can stay squeaky clean with God's path. And keep his #1 popularity in the NFL. :)

Certain people & the media will still attack Wilson for whatever they want to make up, But God will keep him focused.

Go Hawks !

grizbob

Reaction score
hawksurething":gcm4wpyr said:
Great !

Vick was almost Jordan like when he started in the NFL!

He was so popular the NFL ran a special episode just for his comeback after the injury. He was so loved that falcon's owner pushed him around in that wheelchair,even in the cold ! :)

Vick was just from the south where they fight dogs & roosters. Its called the American pit bull for a reason...the USA breed them specifically to fight in pits !

But Vick was so popular he had haters that attacked him for the American pass time,when they turned into a felony from a misdermedor just because it was Vick. Think about that ;) where is Peta who killed all the dogs & the protestors now that dog & rooster fighting still going on ???

Where is the so called animal lovers when horse racing & dog racing still going on. We know dog racing's horrors how they beat & execute dogs who lose. Hipocrasy !

Anyways it's a lucky Wilson is a follower of God ! He can stay squeaky clean with God's path. And keep his #1 popularity in the NFL. :)

Certain people & the media will still attack Wilson for whatever they want to make up, But God will keep him focused.

Go Hawks !

You're in the wrong forum sport :17:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Largent80 looks like Noddy Holder.

Noddy-Holder_on_ToTP_SLADE_low.jpg

Carry on.

Tical21

Reaction score
Didn't Vick run a 4.2? There was quite a different level of excitement with his feet than Russ can create, as good as he is.

olyfan63

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":360s2lah said:
Largent80 looks like Noddy Holder.

281141 1
(alternate, smaller picture substituted by OlyFan63)
Carry on.

Guess we all need someone to talk to, my oh my.

Who knew Noddy Holder was an influence of the late, great Dave Niehaus?
OK, so we're getting off topic here...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Replace Vick with Tebow and I think that's a more accurate statement.

olyfan63

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3c83b9ks said:
Replace Vick with Tebow and I think that's a more accurate statement.

Nice! I like it! Yes, Russell Wilson is a shorter Tim Tebow who actually reads defenses and has a sound throwing motion.