Time to kill during the bye week?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Denver sports radio can be amusing before and after games. Just getting back around to these guys since last January/February but they don't disappoint.

Show opens with Alfred Morris (former Bronco) talking about how he was in town for the game. Had tickets. Was at the stadium and decided NOT to go into the game because he "couldn't handle it". Decided to watch from a bar near the stadium. One of his first comments is about how loud it is and he now knows that we pump sound through the speakers.

http://www.1043thefan.com/the-drive/

*Note: For some reason they ruined their site by eliminating direct links to individual podcasts so you'll want to navigate to the link provided. Scroll down to their player and click on "More Episodes" then start with 9/22, hour 1.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Laloosh":26mjxx40 said:
Denver sports radio can be amusing before and after games. Just getting back around to these guys since last January/February but they don't disappoint.

Show opens with Alfred Morris (former Bronco) talking about how he was in town for the game. Had tickets. Was at the stadium and decided NOT to go into the game because he "couldn't handle it". Decided to watch from a bar near the stadium. One of his first comments is about how loud it is and he now knows that we pump sound through the speakers.

http://www.1043thefan.com/the-drive/

*Note: For some reason they ruined their site by eliminating direct links to individual podcasts so you'll want to navigate to the link provided. Scroll down to their player and click on "More Episodes" then start with 9/22, hour 1.
Whenever an opponent has to use the BS "they pump in the crowd noise" excuse, they've lost the arguement then and there!

Rog investigated it 7 or 8 years ago after we kicked his Giants asses a few times in a row and found nothing.

It's also been scientifically proved the pumping in noise wouldn't be as loud as we 12's are. So the "pumped in noise" crap is just sore loser talk!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
How would one know crowd noise in pumped in through the speakers?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
-The Glove-":yri0enf6 said:
Especially since he said he was AT A BAR................

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1a8nksa0 said:
-The Glove-":1a8nksa0 said:
That's kind of my point.

Largent80

Reaction score
I was at the San Diego game. Several times during that game all you could hear was...DEE-FENSEn I looked all around and not a single Charger fan was yelling that.

What was really cool is all the Hawk fans (and there were thousands) started yelling...SEA- Hawks in unison with that piped in defense and it was twice as loud.... :lol:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":12ty6gk3 said:
-The Glove-":12ty6gk3 said:

I think he has a valid point. I have no doubt that a lot of the crowd noise was pumped in through the speakers AT THE BAR!!! Of course I always found it hard to hear over the rowdy crowd noise at the bar anyway. :stirthepot:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This week has been interesting as so far very few of the comments from Denver have been close to being capable of being regarded as being 'good sports' about the Broncs being beaten by the Hawks.

There seems to be always a drumbeat of they couldn't have beaten us fairly, they must be cheating, the rules need to be changed to advantage us, etc., ad nauseum. Just for once it'd be nice to hear that is a good team and it was a good game, we let them get a lead and couldn't quite make it back.

Face it,they got beaten Broncos fans, it was a I good close game , well at the end anyways. Stop the farging whining already.
We don't really truly care what some dillweed mediot wanna be from Denver thinks anyways.

Basis4day

Reaction score
To be fair, the host back in Denver corrected him as the station's employees/hosts who went to the game (Vic Lombardi) confirmed the crowd noise was totally legit and more like a college atmosphere than anything else.

Basis4day

Reaction score
http://www.1043thefan.com/drew-sandy-scott/

Here is their mid day show. These guys were very complementary to the Hawks and especially Russell Wilson. Much more in a Dave Wyman matter of factness hosting style than homerism or being a blowhard.

http://www.1043thefan.com/fan-morning-show/

One of these guys is out of his mind (Mike Evans) thinking that Russel Wilson is no more than a Tebow making it work. The other (Vic Lombardi) is doing everything he can not to curse Evans out on the air. Lombardi was also very high on Wilson after the Super Bowl. "When are people going to give this kid some credit?... The dudes a player, they've got themselves a player for many years to come."

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I was listening to their morning podcast the day after the game. One of them was talking about how arrogant are fans are believing they impact the game when they don't. His other co-hosts were actually very complimentary saying it doesn't matter because what matters is by believing you do, your butt stays in the seat, you stand and you yell.

Anyway, besides the point. That same dude went on maybe 30 minutes later to say if the same game was played in Denver, they win by 10 pts. So you're telling me the 12s do NOT have any impact on the game, but HFA for the Hawks is 16 points?!? Where are the 16 points going to come from? different grass?

byau

Reaction score
ZagHawk":36o8wfrg said:
Anyway, besides the point. That same dude went on maybe 30 minutes later to say if the same game was played in Denver, they win by 10 pts. So you're telling me the 12s do NOT have any impact on the game, but HFA for the Hawks is 16 points?!? Where are the 16 points going to come from? different grass?

who knows..maybe it is ... different *grass*?

:D :mrgreen:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
byau":1vslqlby said:
ZagHawk":1vslqlby said:

who knows..maybe it is ... different *grass*?

:D :mrgreen:

lol but Thurmond and Browner are no longer with the Hawks, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore ;).

lsheldon

Reaction score
Go back and listen to the radio broadcasts following the Super Bowl. Big Al is a riot to listen to when things don't go the Donco way.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
lsheldon":2h2wez60 said:
Go back and listen to the radio broadcasts following the Super Bowl. Big Al is a riot to listen to when things don't go the Donco way.

Without a doubt. He gets angry as hell.