Pick

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
So I saw this article on yahoo about bronco fans mad at the refs for not calling that hit on wes welker on the kam chancellor interception
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo ... 0-nfl.html heres the link

But if they flag that I want them to start flagging the pick plays the broncos do all the time if you watch the two point play you see wes welker picking off kam chancellor that made that throwing line wide open to demaryius thomas

What earl Thomas did to wes welker is legal the pick plays that the broncos do are illegal but they never get flagged for them

suppaball

Reaction score
First take was just discussing this and they and I agree Thomas' hit on Welker leagle Denver pick plays not. Ask talib about Welker pick plays.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I seriously can't believe anybody would think that should be penalty. Thomas timed it pefectly. If you look at the trajectory of the ball, it would have landed in Welker's hands just a split second before Thomas hit him. That means Thomas was doing nothing wrong. Yes, the pass was intercepted, but at that point Thomas doesn't have enough time to stop his momentum. He actually does all he can to lessen the impact of the hit by putting his arms in front of him and making sure there is no contact to the head. He even jumps a bit to lessen the blow.

Seriously, people saying this should be a penalty are literally the worst types of fans in the NFL (including serial killers). So salty about the loss they can't even think or see straight. So salty about the loss they would actually want to ruin the game even more by wanting penalties called on those types of hits.

253hawk

Reaction score
Yes, that's all we need are more penalties to bail out the offense, especially when committed against players who shouldn't have been in he game anyway because they were busted for drug use.

Donko fans should be sending Kam thank you letters, otherwise Earl could have gone full bore and given Welker his coup de grace concussion. Why don't they get on Manning for hanging his WR's out to dry with those awful ducks into the middle of the field?

sc85sis

Reaction score
A) It was apparently completely legal. B) They're called the Legion of Boom for a reason.

Shut up, segment of Broncos fans who have too much time on your hands.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yeah, saw somewhere where either Mike Carey or Mike Pereira or some rules analyst said it was completely legal.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The real question here is, did the Bronco who dropped an elbow on a downed players head get fined for that?

253hawk

Reaction score
I don't think the fines are usually announced until Friday. He'll likely be fined and probably should have been ejected. That was straight up dirty and unsportsmanlike, never mind 'unnecessary roughness.' I have a new piece of trash to hate in the NFL now.

ZealousNextBettong

Laloosh

Reaction score
253hawk":1wwe1zsn said:
I don't think the fines are usually announced until Friday. He'll likely be fined and probably should have been ejected. That was straight up dirty and unsportsmanlike, never mind 'unnecessary roughness.' I have a new piece of trash to hate in the NFL now.

ZealousNextBettong

Ward had a pretty shitty one too. Don't think it was flagged though.

Found the play, pics (these are just stills but he threw Kearse down by his head):

Attachments

• tjward_01.gif
    tjward_01.gif
    157 KB · Views: 735
  • tjward_02.gif
    tjward_02.gif
    76.3 KB · Views: 735

daveca5150

Reaction score
If you read the discussion after the article, you'll see most non-Denver fans aren't buying it, or calling for a rule change. The vast majority of comments were along the lines of 'quit whining, it's football'. Just a few loud fans looking for excuses.

taco40

Reaction score
repost: When your best shot is a cheap shot you can't expect to be considered great or even have a shot at it.