Lockette

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Watched the NFL network replay today. I really liked the offensive pi on him. He reacted quickly to stop the interception, then gets the nice td catch. Listened to Jon Ryan on 710, he was saying how nice it is to have him on punt coverage. He is doing a good all around job

mikeak

Reaction score
Aristotle22":3nmufc02 said:
Watched the NFL network replay today. I really liked the offensive pi on him. He reacted quickly to stop the interception, then gets the nice td catch. Listened to Jon Ryan on 710, he was saying how nice it is to have him on punt coverage. He is doing a good all around job

I think Lockette is a major reason why Ryan is allowed to punt so deep again.
It was obvious to many that Ryan was held back last year. As a result we had minimal return yards against us but we had lots of "shorter" punts. Ryan is clearly allowed to just boom the punts now and Lockette is down there immediately.

Major difference.
Now we just need the same difference maker on Seahawk punt returns...

Mick063

Reaction score
I nominate him for most improved player (Carpenter right up there with him).

Lockette and his 14 point swing. Turns into defensive back to stop a pick six and a few plays later catches a ball in the end zone with Aqib Talib crawling up his back. In fact, I would say he punked Talib in that series as well as saved the day for Seattle. Of course that isn't all. He beats everyone down the field on returns and was a big reason that Denver started five drives deep in their own territory.

Lockette came up big against Denver. He is what I always wished Michael Bates would have become (remember him old timers?). Bates' personal best time in the 200-meter dash was 20.01 seconds, a bronze medalist in the Olympic games. I think that after both put on the pads, Lockette is every bit as fast.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Carp aside, arguably our most improved player. I think he's UFA after this year. He will want a bump but with Norwood and Richardson on stand-by, and Kearse also ready to go to the table, I think either he or Kearse (who I believe is restricted) will be talking their talents elsewhere and quite possibly both. We will need every penny we can get this off season and not that we'd mess with his money, but It's times like this I wish we would have taken RW in the 1st.

mikeak

Reaction score
Mick063":365rdv63 said:

Lockette and his 14 point swing. Turns into defensive back to stop a pick six and a few plays later catches a ball in the end zone with Aqib Talib crawling up his back. In fact, I would say he punked Talib in that series as well as saved the day for Seattle. Of course that isn't all. He beats everyone down the field on returns and was a big reason that Denver started five drives deep in their own territory.

Lockette came up big against Denver. He is what I always wished Michael Bates would have become (remember him old timers?). Bates' personal best time in the 200-meter dash was 20.01 seconds, a bronze medalist in the Olympic games. I think that after both put on the pads, Lockette is every bit as fast.

Dilfer "broke" down those two plays. Talib looked back and cheated a bit on the first one - Lockette saves it. So what does RW do the second time? Pump fake - Talib bites - Touchdown

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mikeak":1qg02987 said:
Mick063":1qg02987 said:

Dilfer "broke" down those two plays. Talib looked back and cheated a bit on the first one - Lockette saves it. So what does RW do the second time? Pump fake - Talib bites - Touchdown
That play also showed Lockette's maturity in his route-running...he seems to slow down a bit to create that space between himself and Talib

mrblitz

Reaction score
lockette's game has really gone to another level this season.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
It's hard not to like the jump Lockette had made this season. He has been a solid special teamer since the end of the 2011 season, but now he is making a huge jump in is abilities as a WR. I guess it shows that some guys really do develop a little slower than others (like Brandon Browner a couple of years ago). Another good find by the Seahawks staff.

OrFan

Reaction score
He is very quickly becoming one of my favorite players. I loved watching his beheading of punt returners before, but now he is turning it on as a receiver also. He is just fun to watch.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
To his credit he is not the same guy they signed as a rookie FA, which is a good thing because he was immature when he got here and even admitted as much. Now he is starting to produce which is great to see. Hope the trend continues! :)

kobebryant

Reaction score
Talk about having guys in a position to succeed. Lockette has become a really valuable player based upon his ability to run straight very fast.

Should be interesting to see how the WR group shakes out this offseason, with Lockette being the oldest of the group.