Seahawks overall playoff record.....

irocdave

Reaction score
I was interested to see how many times the Hawks have knocked the Skins out of the playoffs and found a site that lists all of the Hawks playoff appearances, scores, yards for and against etc.

The Hawks currently have a .500 winning percentage in play off games. 12 wins, 12 losses. They have hosted 11 playoff games and won 9 of them, .820 winning percentage. 11 road playoff games ( SB's not included) with 2 road wins, .182 winning percentage. We all know they have 2 SB appearances and have a .500 winning percentage, well, at least that what the official record says. Still think we got totally screwed....

Website is here - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... ayoffs.htm

Wish I had time to dump that in to Excel and play with it. Would be interesting to see how some other teams compare, especially at home.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Another interesting tidbit, the Hawks overall record as of today is 297 wins and 305 losses, .494 winning percentage. My money is on this years team to get them over.500 in the cumulative win percentage column. For reference, niners have a .549 winning percentage currently. Looking at the last 10 years would provide extremely different numbers..

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
I would put money on the Hawks having one of the best playoff home records in the NFL. Would also venture to guess that they have one of the largest point differentials at home. For the niner trolls, the home playoff record dates back to 1983. In their 7th year they kicked the Donkies asses in the Kingdome (31 - 7), went down to Miami and pulled off an upset then layed an egg against the Raiders in the AFC Championship game. BTW, the Raiders mopped the floor with the Skins in the SB.The Hawks also beat the Raiders twice that year in the regular season. If you have to ask why they played twice in the regular season, hop off the bandwagon.

No history in Seattle, yea. 12th man started yesterday, OK...30 years ago fans were lining streets when the team left town, buying jerseys, yelling their collective ass off at games. 12th man didn't start last year, other teams fans that claim the 12th man started last year are just showing their ignorance and lack of depth of NFL knowledge. Going to save the rest of the rant for the shack.

evergreen

Reaction score
I think we lost a couple of times at home. We lost 2x under Holmgren. Once in the AFC and once in the NFC. Chuck Knox and Pete Carroll haven't lost at home in the playoffs. Actually I think we lost 3x at home maybe even Chuck Knox lost one. 3 home losses? Hard to believe now...

drdiags

Reaction score
Knox never lost a home playoff game. His were on the Road. Raiders (Krieg's off day), Dolphins (Marino's Revenge), Bengals (Joe Nash knee game) and Oilers (don't love ya blue) if my memory serves me correctly.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":2eldew9m said:
Knox never lost a home playoff game. His were on the Road. Raiders (Krieg's off day), Dolphins (Marino's Revenge), Bengals (Joe Nash knee game) and Oilers (don't love ya blue) if my memory serves me correctly.
I believe it does. Not bad for an old guy Doc. :D

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
irocdave":3ln4a3nw said:
I would put money on the Hawks having one of the best playoff home records in the NFL. Would also venture to guess that they have one of the largest point differentials at home. For the niner trolls, the home playoff record dates back to 1983. In their 7th year they kicked the Donkies asses in the Kingdome (31 - 7), went down to Miami and pulled off an upset then layed an egg against the Raiders in the AFC Championship game. BTW, the Raiders mopped the floor with the Skins in the SB.The Hawks also beat the Raiders twice that year in the regular season. If you have to ask why they played twice in the regular season, hop off the bandwagon.

No history in Seattle, yea. 12th man started yesterday, OK...30 years ago fans were lining streets when the team left town, buying jerseys, yelling their collective ass off at games. 12th man didn't start last year, other teams fans that claim the 12th man started last year are just showing their ignorance and lack of depth of NFL knowledge. Going to save the rest of the rant for the shack.

What was there record in 83 I believe they had 11 or 12 wins that year very underrated good team that year curt warner was on fire , I remember that win at the kingdom ( 31-7) , and of course the Miami game it was raining in Miami that game , but the weather did not have any effect on the Hawks at all... As for the 12th man when it started it was just as noisy in the kingdom some games as it is right know at century link ( been a season ticket holder since 1976)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":2zae7q8x said:
irocdave":2zae7q8x said:

What was there record in 83 I believe they had 11 or 12 wins that year very underrated good team that year curt warner was on fire , I remember that win at the kingdom ( 31-7) , and of course the Miami game it was raining in Miami that game , but the weather did not have any effect on the Hawks at all... As for the 12th man when it started it was just as noisy in the kingdom some games as it is right know at century link ( been a season ticket holder since 1976)
Actually they were 9-7 in '83. I was at the last game vs. NE in the Kingdome that was a win and got us into the playoffs for the first time ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Seatt ... wks_season

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":arigx5ce said:
seahawk Dan":arigx5ce said:
irocdave":arigx5ce said:

Actually they were 9-7 in '83. I was at the last game vs. NE in the Kingdome that was a win and got us into the playoffs for the first time ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Seatt ... wks_season

Ok that's right forgot ,

Brahn

Reaction score
The Playoff loss to the Dolphins hurt. It was my first in person playoff game.

The next week I felt a little better when the Jags decided to look like the greatest team to ever play (for that one week).

For those who forgot

[youtube]DIbxZzWGEAE[/youtube]

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Brahn":3ffmmnss said:
The Playoff loss to the Dolphins hurt. It was my first in person playoff game.

The next week I felt a little better when the Jags decided to look like the greatest team to ever play (for that one week).

For those who forgot

[youtube]DIbxZzWGEAE[/youtube]

wow imagine if Seattle did this in the super bowl again this year.