Class act by a classy organization

Silentwander

Reaction score
Another reason I love Seahawks more :) I like Farwell and am happy that he got to stay to learn and teach young cores until he is ready to be coach for high school or college or maybe Seahawks as assist coaching. I want him retire as Seahawks.

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
Inspiring! This is one of the reasons I root for the Hawks every single week. Love reading these types of articles for a change.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Love it! Hope this turns out to be a nice stepping stone (if his playing days are done).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Great story. I love that the Hawks go a step beyond for these guys. This isn't the first time they have done something like this. They really care for these guys and look out for them when they go down to injury.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Things like this are why this team has a legitimate shot at a dynasty. This kind of thing gets around and is just one small factor in why we seem to be able to retain our own and sign what FA's we want without putting ourselves in cap hell.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This kind of stuff brings tears to your eyes. It's good to see that there is so much love and compassion with this organization. The Hawks will be first class for a long time.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1oonrrdo said:
Things like this are why this team has a legitimate shot at a dynasty. This kind of thing gets around and is just one small factor in why we seem to be able to retain our own and sign what FA's we want without putting ourselves in cap hell.

Yup, also not just why we keep out own, but why guys are willing to take less to stay here too.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I find it amazing that at the core, the Hawks preach competition, and you can (and do) lose your job as a player quickly if someone else is playing better than you.

The interesting dichotomy is that in doing this, the players all feel like the team actually cares for them (which is unusual in the NFL), and takes care of them when needed.

What one of us wouldn't like to work for an organization like the Seahawks ?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pretty damn cool if you ask me! It's one of the few things that separates this org from others.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Wow, what a turnaround for Heath. Going from the worst possible moment of your playing career to coaching under the tutelage of Pete Carroll, with players who have already become family. Well deserved for him, awesome move by the Hawks.

I was hoping for the same kind of deal for Mike Rob, but I can't blame him for trying his luck at a cushy studio job on TV.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Compare and contrast two organizations in the news in the last 24 hours..

Seahawks - Farwell story
Raiders - Fire their coach over the phone

Is it any wonder why one franchise is the World Champions and the blueprint for an incredible franchise, while the other one is a punchline?

I wouldn't say moves like this mean we can be a dynasty.. because the games still have to be played on the field.. but moves like this will definitely keep the Seahawks relevant for a long, long time. Players know about this sort of thing.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
He leaped for the ball — then heard a pop. He felt searing pain in both his upper legs and collapsed to the turf. He had bilateral core-muscle tears in his groin.

omg :shock: /shudder

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
In an industry where young players are used up and cast aside like hazardous medical waste, theres hope!

chrispy

Reaction score
Question:

I understand the benefit of having Heath on the team and coaching and the compassion showed. I'm wondering if the same benefit is still recognized with him as a paid Coach. That would save $1mil in cap room and give roster space for another player. Wouldn't it? Or am I missing the finer points of him being on the active roster and the message it sends to the rest of the team? ... or do we expect that to happen at some point during the season, when they feel like they need the roster spot for another CB?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
chrispy":1qabty2p said:
Question:

I understand the benefit of having Heath on the team and coaching and the compassion showed. I'm wondering if the same benefit is still recognized with him as a paid Coach. That would save $1mil in cap room and give roster space for another player. Wouldn't it? Or am I missing the finer points of him being on the active roster and the message it sends to the rest of the team? ... or do we expect that to happen at some point during the season, when they feel like they need the roster spot for another CB?

He's on IR, so there is no roster spot being used. Farwell was also a UFA when the year was done anyway.. so basically this is just a really cool gesture by the team to give him one more year of salary before his career is over.