Kam's ankle bone spur pain alleviated by change in shoes

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Great news, Kam!

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... the-answer

Article":8rzholnf said:
RENTON, Wash. -- The shoes were the solution, according to Seattle Seahawks strong safety Kam Chancellor.

Chancellor said his issue with ankle pain has been alleviated for now by changing the type of shoes he was wearing.

“It must be the high tops,” Chancellor said Tuesday after practice. “I was playing with low tops. I switched, well, maybe to more mid tops. But I have more support for my ankles.”

Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor struggled in Week 2 against the Chargers with ankle pain, but switching shoes appears to have been the answer.
Chancellor said changing his shoes made him realize he could get by without undergoing surgery for bone spurs in his ankles, something he considered after struggling in Seattle's 30-21 loss at San Diego.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sometimes that's all it takes. I used to run in a pair of Nike's and they ended up bruising my knees. I could hardly walk and had to take a week off of work. Went to the doctor and he said everything (cartilage, tendons) looked fine. Went to the South Sound running and they put me in some Saucony's and I've never had that knee pain sincd

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Good because he's a game changer and critical to our scheme. I hope we get a rematch with them or get Indianapolis in Glendale in February.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Perhaps if he wore Lynch's skittles shoes he would become even more faster and physical...

seahawks08

Reaction score
He has a genuine ankle problem, that they are managing without surgery. The problem is these nagging injuries get worse very quickly. Are we better off getting this fixed and be fully ready or play hurt and not be 100%. Tough choice as he is one of the biggest identity for the team.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Did they ever say what the timeline would have been had he opted for Surgery right after the Denver Game? Concerns me that a simple change of shoes was enough to alleviate it enough to play at or near 100%. Particularly since we are heading to the most notorious field in all of football for leg injuries. Hope it gets him through the season. Hopefully Jeron Johnson stays healthy!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sighs of relief everywhere. Hope that really solves the problem until he an get it fixed in the offseason.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
seahawks08":255uqer5 said:
He has a genuine ankle problem, that they are managing without surgery. The problem is these nagging injuries get worse very quickly. Are we better off getting this fixed and be fully ready or play hurt and not be 100%. Tough choice as he is one of the biggest identity for the team.

We shall see, Last year Bennett had a shoulder injury that could have been operated on, he worked through it and infact didn't even do surgery this offseason. I hope he can make it through the year.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
That giant whooshing sound you all heard was a big sigh of relief from me. Hopefully he can manage this issue until we win our next Super Bowl, and then get the proper surgery during the offseason.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":31wx32so said:
Did they ever say what the timeline would have been had he opted for Surgery right after the Denver Game? Concerns me that a simple change of shoes was enough to alleviate it enough to play at or near 100%. Particularly since we are heading to the most notorious field in all of football for leg injuries. Hope it gets him through the season. Hopefully Jeron Johnson stays healthy!

No pro football player has truly been 100% since highschool.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how he was playing in low tops with his physical style and his play near the LOS.

I have good ankles, and even on grass, I would roll them once in a while in low's; the combination of cutting, stopping and having someone hitting you and pushing on you was usually enough to roll an ankle once every few weeks. I have to imagine playing on that fieldturf would be even worse.

Went to Nike Land Shark mid's and never had that issue once.