Bailey out for Monday

Laloosh

Reaction score
RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks backup offensive tackle Alvin Bailey will not play Monday night against the Washington Redskins, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said after Saturday’s practice.

“He’s got a strained oblique,” Carroll said. “I'm not even sure where that is, but we’re going to hold him out and we’ll miss him this week.”

Get the latest NFL injury news
Who's out? Who's good to go? Who's questionable? We've got all the latest injury news from around the NFL. Injury Wire

The Seahawks could miss Bailey in this game more than others. With starting tight end Zach Miller out after undergoing minor ankle surgery, Bailey could have been used in the three-tackle formation. It’s something the Seahawks did successfully with Bailey at the end of last season.

“That’s always been part of the thinking, yeah,” Carroll said.

Most of the responsibility for replacing Miller will go to second-year tight end Luke Willson, who will start Monday night.
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... api_public

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Garry Gilliam . . . your time is now. In his first game, he's the primary backup at both tackle positions, the sixth linemen in the jumbo package, and a reserve TE.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Jeesh. I'm excited about Gilliam, but we're a little thin in a few spots.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder if the team makes a roster move to get a body in here before Monday? May be time to put the rook WR on the IR list.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
And so starts the OL merry-go-round for 2014. I guess the bight side is that we squeeked our way to the SB last yr. on that merry-go-round.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Crap!!!!! I have had a bad feeling about this game all week and then this news. Sigh.