Insider Info

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
While I can't name my source (if I do, no more insider team news) I can tell you his good friend happens to be a good friend of one of the players. With that said, here's today's dish:

So Okung has a torn labrum in his shoulder. Remember he hurt it in the Broncos game? But since they have nobody to replace him he is going to get it shot up before every game the rest of the year and hope it doesn't get injured worse. He has his strength but from what I hear it hurts like hell anytime he has to use his arm to block. Oh, and nobody knows about this except the team...

I've got a couple of Marshawn stories but I was told "I cant tell them around here, not exactly good to say while at work" So that should be fun.

Oh, and the final and not good at all is (my friend) says that with 100% certainty that Christine Michael will be a bust. He rarely knows or remembers plays, doesn't run where the blocks are set up and just isn't good. He says no way he ever sees the field unless they are completely desperate for a RB. This is why he isn't ever activated. He isn't injured either like they say.

Have you noticed how great James Carpenter looks? He has a new GF and she's a personal trainer and she cooks him all his meals and (source) says he's down to 320 for the 1st time since college and since the Seahawks didn't resign him that he's gonna get paid after this year. He says he's been looking great.

Msfann

Reaction score
Does Okung train with Franklin Gutierrez and Michael Saunders in the offseason?

They could have all 3 players in Seattle for a glass exhibit when they retire.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sad about Christine. Let's go get Gurley, huh?

Hope Okung's arm doesn't fall off. Looks like we're in the market for a left tackle soon. He's taking a lot of abuse. Might need to retire soon for good quality of life after football.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I figured something more was going on with Michael. It just didn't add up with him never getting any reps. Sad about Okung but not surprising.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Okung info makes sense, he definitely didn't seem right after he went out.

Even if the Michael info is true, I'm not ready to label him a bust just yet. I need to see a bigger body of work, whether here or elsewhere. Dude just has too much raw ability to at least not be given a shot.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Well, call me Blitzer but, "Oh, crap"... Seriously wish I hadn't read this. Now I'll be waiting for the hammer to drop.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ihygehdq said:
The Okung info makes sense, he definitely didn't seem right after he went out.

Even if the Michael info is true, I'm not ready to label him a bust just yet. I need to see a bigger body of work, whether here or elsewhere. Dude just has too much raw ability to at least not be given a shot.

I can understand him not getting a shot if he really is that inept. I hope he can put it together. The way the dude runs is just awesome.

iigakusei

Reaction score
This is what I don't understand about injury reports. You are telling me Okung has a torn labrum and is practicing in full this week?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":1pghk1j6 said:
I figured something more was going on with Michael. It just didn't add up with him never getting any reps. Sad about Okung but not surprising.

Yea, Michael is such a physical specimen, but the road to the NFL is littered with physical freaks. That's got to be the hardest thing to quantify about a player: the ability to digest information, the rate a player can digest information (and react to it) and work ethic. You can find out how hard a guy worked in college, but then it can change. Say a guy works hard in college, gets a pay day, and goes all to hell once he got paid. Then you have a guy that cruised in college on his physical gifts and never worked hard, then gets to the NFL and has that "come to Jesus" moment and works his ass off.

The signs were there with Michael, not getting along with his coaches, etc. Yea, there were reasonable explanations for them, but it's starting to show up here, or at least come public.

I'd hate to be an NFL GM, to be honest.

Cartire

Reaction score
Great insider info for Skins DE's. Hope theres not a single Washington staffer that gets insight to read this. Dont know how smart this was to put on the main forums.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Cartire":sy3ug2j8 said:
Great insider info for Skins DE's. Hope theres not a single Washington staffer that gets insight to read this. Dont know how smart this was to put on the main forums.

If we lose tonight, we can definitely blame Aros.

Jville

Reaction score
I was hoping to see both Garry Gilliam and Andrew McDonald active for this game. Gilliam looked certain and now McDonald sounds much more likely.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
while I'm not gonna doubt the validity of the story, seems odd that if Michael is that obviously incapable of being any good why would he be kept on the roster? I mean if he's so hopeless that they are making up an injury cover for why he isn't playing, why wouldn't you cut him and get someone on the team who could contribute in at least some capacity?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cartire":201njydw said:

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what will happen. Washington's staffers will find this particular post the day of the game and quickly channel it to the DE's so they can go after Okung's labrum.

:34853_doh:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm RH and I tore my left shoulder labrum and it really sucked...I could still play golf but couldn't play softball catching the ball in odd angles would kill me and using the bat was no good..Had no power..All I can say is I hope it's on the arm he favors because the stronger it is -the better you can deal with it ..There is no natural healing of this..Only surgery can repair it...You will need to rehab it every week and boy it hurts because everything is so tight inside and you will struggle to get most of the movements totally back..I had mine 12 years ago...There is no pain but out of 100% I'd say I'm at 90 at best ..Can't complain though it was pain just to sleep in bed ..I'm glad thats over and maybe things are better now but I can't see it being much different..Good luck Okung..I think the Hawks need to get another guy soon..

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":bv7inv66 said:
Cartire":bv7inv66 said:

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what will happen. Washington's staffers will find this particular post the day of the game and quickly channel it to the DE's so they can go after Okung's labrum.

:34853_doh:

Think its far-fetched all you want. Theres 100's of people who work in the organizations. And many of them have tons of fanatic friends who read enemy team forums constantly. They may not be reading them for insider info. But they read them just like we do on other teams sites.

So it doesnt seem to improbable for someone to text a buddy who works closely with the team and coaches, who then mentions it to Gruden or the DE's. Every team is looking for an edge all the time. This is a big edge for the rushers coming off the edge.

Not to mention, how long till a Hawk beat writer reads this and starts bringing it up at the press conferences. We know some of them read .net.

Barthawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":20adegzb said:
This is what I don't understand about injury reports. You are telling me Okung has a torn labrum and is practicing in full this week?

Patrick Kearney was 2nd in the Def MVP voting in 2007 and played the last 12 games of the year with a torn labrum. It can be done. I tore mine, but it took two years of further damaging it to require surgery. The pain was managed by taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)

Michael- damn shame. If this is the case, why keep him around.. cut him now.