Anyone Want 2 See Harvin Used Like DeSean Jackson More Often

dopeboy206

Reaction score
DeSean Jackson is fun to watch and I have no doubt in my mind Harvin is more than capable of doing what Jackson does. Nothing against the jet sweeps, bubble screens or WR screens and we can still design those plays for him but I really want to see more long bombs to Percy from Wilson more often. That last Harvin TD that was taken back due to a penalty was nice.

DIscuss.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Can't do it until the pass protection gets fixed.

I wish people would stop asking for it. Maybe once Britt gets better and doesn't need help so that they can send the TE's over to help Okung.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Mojambo":1pyq2cp1 said:

I wish people would stop asking for it. Maybe once Britt gets better and doesn't need help so that they can send the TE's over to help Okung.

How is the pass protection going to get fixed? You can't create new players.

We had the same problem all last season.

Mojambo

Reaction score
The Seahawks develop players. I believe that will happen with Britt.

Okung is the real issue.

I'm just saying, people should stop bitching about the lack of deep passing. They don't have the line to make it work right now.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Mojambo":3r13wtd8 said:

I read what you are saying but what about those 15-20 yards pass? They don't always have to be jets sweeps and bubble screens. If Wilson can get it out to guys like Lockette or Baldwin or Kearse for that matter why not Harvin?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mojambo":3gwgw4l0 said:
The Seahawks develop players. I believe that will happen with Britt.

Okung is the real issue.

I'm just saying, people should stop bitching about the lack of deep passing. They don't have the line to make it work right now.
Yeah I have more hope for Britt right now than Okung.

Mojambo

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3m5h71ol said:
Mojambo":3m5h71ol said:

I read what you are saying but what about those 15-20 yards pass? They don't always have to be jets sweeps and bubble screens. If Wilson can get it out to guys like Lockette or Baldwin or Kearse for that matter why not Harvin?

Maybe because Harvin is the guy drawing the coverage that allows those other guys to catch the ball?

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Mojambo":2e3sac2e said:
dopeboy206":2e3sac2e said:
Mojambo":2e3sac2e said:

Maybe because Harvin is the guy drawing the coverage that allows those other guys to catch the ball?

There are plenty of plays where Harvin isn't even on the field and Wilson gets them off to those guys. All I am saying is do we have to use Harvin exclusively for bubble screens or jet sweeps?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I hate to sound like a stats whore but the hawks need to run plays that allow him to put up numbers.

I have been against the Harvin trade from day 1 and ive seen nothing to change my opinion.

The hawks offense does just fine when Harvin is not on the field and we seem to be getting diminishing returns with Harvin as a decoy. The long pass to him tonight is what we need to see even though he isnt a polished route runner. We need big plays from him.

I hate to be a debbie downer but I dont like the idea of a super expensive rb/decoy. We gotta find ways to get more out of him.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":33b2agz8 said:
I hate to be a debbie downer but I dont like the idea of a super expensive rb/decoy. We gotta find ways to get more out of him.

This. We are paying him too much to use him primarily for decoys, jet sweeps or short screen passes.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Our pass pro sucks, but as I keep saying, we can still pass deep some with just some designed roll-outs for DangeRuss...I don't know why we never try go routes with Percy...Who the hell is going to catch him?

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":318i7jgh said:
Our pass pro sucks, but as I keep saying, we can still pass deep some with just some designed roll-outs for DangeRuss...I don't know why we never try go routes with Percy...Who the hell is going to catch him?

Looked like they were sending a guy off the end/flat when Russell rolled out in the second half. I think they tried.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":21661ubh said:
RolandDeschain":21661ubh said:

Looked like they were sending a guy off the end/flat when Russell rolled out in the second half. I think they tried.
And what happens nine times out of 10 when Russell leaves the pocket by design? Here's a hint: go listen to the Benny Hill theme song. :)

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13fb7w6j said:
Laloosh":13fb7w6j said:
RolandDeschain":13fb7w6j said:

And what happens nine times out of 10 when Russell leaves the pocket by design? Here's a hint: go listen to the Benny Hill theme song. :)

Who is Benny Hill? lol

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3f4lmhao said:
It's my opinion that we do not want to tip our hand too early this season. Everyone's already gunning for us this year, we can expect everyone's 'A' game from every opponent. What we do NOT want to do is give them any more game film on us than we have to. So for now, while we're still getting wins, I'm happy enough with the cutesy little dink-and-dunk slants and screens. We'll open it up more in the latter half of our schedule when the opponents warrant it. It's a long season, gotta play the game within the game and keep the element of surprise as long as you can..

I dig everything you say. Hopefully we cook :stirthepot: up some more stuff the 2nd half of the year for "Lord Have Mercy Percy Harvin"

Smellyman

Reaction score
like what go deep more? PH did and it was called back on bogus penalty. then he scored two more that were called back. Then he gave us great field position because they were afraid to kick to him. Then he opens up lanes for ML and RW.

PH does way more than Jackson.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Percy Harvin got 3 TD's himself taken back with penalties. I'd say that's using him quite a bit.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Smellyman":1qar2r2m said:
like what go deep more? PH did and it was called back on bogus penalty. then he scored two more that were called back. Then he gave us great field position because they were afraid to kick to him. Then he opens up lanes for ML and RW.

PH does way more than Jackson.

Yes but the two TDs were off a screen pass and a jet sweep. Only the 3rd was a deep pass. I don't disagree he does more than Jackson but I want to see more deep passes his way but like others said our O-line has to step up. I'm not saying we take out the screen pass or bubble screens but I just want to see more long bombs his way because I feel that if he is primarily used as a decoy, jet sweeps and bubble screens then we are overpaying him.