Russell Wilson MVP week 5?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I mean he was on fire to begin this game, and he made plays out of nothing, out of less than nothing!

Cheers to our RW. He just continues to amaze!!

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Everybody is talking about how amazing that pass to Marshawn on 3rd down was. And yes, it was a good play by Russ. But take a look at the replay or the gifs that are out there. It would have been very easy for Unger, Carp, or Britt to be called for illegal man downfield on that play. Heads up play by all three of them to stand around and basically do nothing until Russ released the ball. In a game like this, one of them heading downfield to block somebody would have been the expectation. Kudos to those guys for knowing their role during a screen pass & letting Russ & Marshawn do their thing.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":3ebh8a46 said:
Everybody is talking about how amazing that pass to Marshawn on 3rd down was. And yes, it was a good play by Russ. But take a look at the replay or the gifs that are out there. It would have been very easy for Unger, Carp, or Britt to be called for illegal man downfield on that play. Heads up play by all three of them to stand around and basically do nothing until Russ released the ball. In a game like this, one of them heading downfield to block somebody would have been the expectation. Kudos to those guys for knowing their role during a screen pass & letting Russ & Marshawn do their thing.

that is weird thing to take from that play.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Yeah, kudos to Britt, Okung and Unger for standing around and doing nothing while the Skins chased down Wilson. :roll:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
You mean the play was a downfield screen? or do you mean that the best thing those guys did all night was nothing?

TwilightError

Reaction score
Wilson gets his due diligence but Marshawn made a whale of a play as well. He makes himself available ,catches the ball, breaks tackles and bulldozers a ton of yards. In the end, he even falls down in a forward motion harvesting a few extra yards. You can almost see the trollface under his helmet at that point.. Amazing playmaker.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
brimsalabim":qxo71nqw said:
You mean the play was a downfield screen? or do you mean that the best thing those guys did all night was nothing?
I think some people are confusing horrific pass pro where all our guys get pushed back and Russel has to check down immediately as being a designed/intentional screen, lol.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
How about a record setting MNF feat of rushing for 122yds for a QB?!!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not sure what this thread means exactly... MVP of the game last night? Absolutely. MVP of the team? Wouldn't have a huge argument from me there. MVP of the league? Ehhhh.. that's where it would get really dicey. And honestly as long as five-head down in Denver is alive, Russell will never really have the chance to put up that offensive output to win an MVP. I'd say he's definitely in the Top 5 right now for league MVP though with Manning, Watt, Murray and Luck.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":38cqy4tu said:

Are they illegally downfield when the QB is outside the pocket and scrambling?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If anyone, anywhere, doesn't think Russell Wilson is an elite QB at this point needs their eyes examined.

hawker84

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":91zmprq3 said:
Yeah, kudos to Britt, Okung and Unger for standing around and doing nothing while the Skins chased down Wilson. :roll:

Maybe true but if you look at the replay, just as soon as RW threw the ball, Britt absolutey destroys one of their D lineman. I couldn't believe it wasn't a personal foul.. when i say destroyed i mean Mack Trucked and the steamrolled...Awsome thing to see, i love that dude.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
The play was clearly supposed to be a screen left to Marshawn. All three of them are standing there waiting to get to their blocks downfield, but can't because Russell can't get the ball to him because he has three Redskins in his face. With how poorly the O-line played all game, I would have expected one of them to make a bone-headed move & head downfield trying to make a play. Fortunately for the Hawks, they were disciplined and waited. Watch the play, it's as clear as day.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":tq1l4y32 said:
If anyone, anywhere, doesn't think Russell Wilson is an elite QB at this point needs their eyes examined.

But, but his QBR isn't good........................

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'd say Lynch also made his own case for MVP. The two are working well together.

Tokadub

Reaction score
It's amusing to me how everyone is saying that final pass to Lynch is Wilson's best play EVER...

Ya it was dang good, and ya I'm not sure if any other QB in the entire league could of made that play...

But Wilson does that kind of thing every couple of games, if a guy is open and he has a passing lane he will make the throw accurately on the run almost every time.

It was a magical extraordinary play, but that is what Wilson does on a regular basis. There was nothing out of the ordinary with that play it was actually a pretty easy lob pass (easy by Wilson's standards), but he did a heck of a job scrambling.

Wilson has had a lot of plays on the run about to get destroyed where he has thrown much more impressive "bullet" type passes. Clearly even our own local media guys can't remember his past performances... I heard the Brock and Salk guys clamoring that it was his best play ever...

Shaking my head, I would expect it from the national guys who watch like 2-3 of our games a year. But anyone who really knows Russell Wilson was not surprised by that play.

That's why I had Wilson as my #5 QB before this season even started, and like I predicted he should be higher by the end of the season if it wasn't for all the bias against him and towards unworthy turnover machines like Andrew Luck.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwilightError":21wzouen said:
Wilson gets his due diligence but Marshawn made a whale of a play as well. He makes himself available ,catches the ball, breaks tackles and bulldozers a ton of yards. In the end, he even falls down in a forward motion harvesting a few extra yards. You can almost see the trollface under his helmet at that point.. Amazing playmaker.
He also made sure to stay in bounds on the play and then again the next time he touched the ball. Smart.

Tokadub":21wzouen said:
It was a magical extraordinary play, but that is what Wilson does on a regular basis. There was nothing out of the ordinary with that play it was actually a pretty easy lob pass (easy by Wilson's standards), but he did a heck of a job scrambling..
Agree. The cross body throw while scrambling to his left 30 yds downfield to Helfet was more impressive purely as a throw.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Russell's on pace to throw for 3400 yards, 32 TDs, 4 INTs and rush for 800 yards and 4 TDs.

If he hits those #s with a 12 win season he'll be the MVP.