#1 Rush Defense

marko358

Reaction score
Our rush defense is leading the NFL giving up an average of 62.3 yards per game.

The LOB needs to improve to build on it's 22nd ranked 256 yards per game but then again we did face 3 future HOF quarterbacks in our 4 games.

northseahawk

Reaction score
3 HOF qbs, but a backup qb also had almost 300 yards. Kam is not himself at all this year. Getting burnt for a TD almost every game till now. ET needs to maybe play a notch slower. He's had a couple of very easy interceptions dropped per game. Should of had 4 INTs by now. Maxwell IMO doesn't deserve the starting position by the way he is playing. I absolutely love Burely. A rookie without training camp playing a slot position, it doesn't get tougher than that. He has done a wonderful job and when lane/simon come back, he shouldn't be replaced. Rather they should compete for Maxwells position.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Disagree about Maxwell. It wasn't him taht gave up the long TD to Desean. And he's playing across from Sherman, so teams are going to go at him. He has played very well.

Earl has been getting moved by QBs eyes and getting out of position because of it. How do you NOT play deeper than DeSean Jackson? 2 long bombs to him?

But I love that our run defense has gotten so much better. I attribute part of the to Kevin Williams and Jordan Hill is playing really well too!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Time to return to press man coverage. Why Seattle has gone away from it this year is beyond me.

Even then, DeSean Jackson has been the first WR to break out against Seattle this year. Teams are getting away from the run and Seattle has given up a lot of free passing yards at the end of the games.

edogg23

Reaction score
The main difference I see between this year and last year is dropped interceptions. Like mentioned above we are getting our hands on the ball but not catching it. Turnovers crush the other team and we are not getting them this year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
northseahawk":2xcg68an said:
Kam is not himself at all this year. Getting burnt for a TD almost every game till now.

Cousins, D-Jax and Gruden beat the coverage design on that throw. I wouldn't necessarily put it on Kam. They beat Dan Quinn's play call by hitting the vulnerability in the zone with a well-designed route tree and a perfectly executed pass thrown to a burner (Seattle's achilles).

On Washington's second explosive, Maxwell and Earl got beat by a perfect throw to a burner (D-Jax again). They were both initially in position, but the ball just kept floating and D-Jax had the speed to keep tracking it. In most situations, either Maxwell or Earl is going to pick that ball. Hats off to Cousins for throwing a deep dime. It was a dangerous throw -- similar to the one that Earl picked off in the Redskins game two years ago.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
That play was litetally not on Kam. People can be honest and say that Sherm was guilty of the same thing Max was against Denver. It's a scissors concept where it needs to be handed off. Kam was supposed to be in a short zone/flat.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Kevin Williams, McDaniel, and Mebane are absolute rocks in the middle. Plus we're getting a ton of meaningful, productive snaps from Hill, which is great to see from a homegrown DT. That group has been a strength so far this year.

kearly

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":mdqtf9aq said:
Time to return to press man coverage. Why Seattle has gone away from it this year is beyond me.

Even then, DeSean Jackson has been the first WR to break out against Seattle this year.

Emmanuel Sanders went off on Seattle as well. I know this because like any good Seahawks fan I benched him that week.

Seattle always gives up the biggest statlines to the most unlikely suspects.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":1uodp7q3 said:
Sarlacc83":1uodp7q3 said:

Even then, DeSean Jackson has been the first WR to break out against Seattle this year.

Emmanuel Sanders went off on Seattle as well. I know this because like any good Seahawks fan I benched him that week.

Ah you're right. And I should have remembered for the same reason.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":3a4kkw15 said:
Sarlacc83":3a4kkw15 said:

Titus Young in a Lions game comes to mind.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Rush D has been great this year, pass D is really lacking even if we did go against some great QBs. They have to turn it around here soon.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seems like little shift WR's (Sanders, Hilton, DJax) give us the most problems.

seahawksny

Reaction score
northseahawk":1l9rm0xc said:
3 HOF qbs, but a backup qb also had almost 300 yards. Kam is not himself at all this year. Getting burnt for a TD almost every game till now. ET needs to maybe play a notch slower. He's had a couple of very easy interceptions dropped per game. Should of had 4 INTs by now. Maxwell IMO doesn't deserve the starting position by the way he is playing. I absolutely love Burely. A rookie without training camp playing a slot position, it doesn't get tougher than that. He has done a wonderful job and when lane/simon come back, he shouldn't be replaced. Rather they should compete for Maxwells position.

Backup or not, Peyton Manning, drew Brees or kirk cousins.
Any way you slice it, when you can't run the ball, as Alfred Morris had 30 yards or so, it doesn't matter who is quarterbacking, you will see more balls in sir especially in 2nd half playing catch up.

In two games last year, I'm pretty sure Brees ca me close to 600 yards, look how they fared against us. Demarius Thomas in super bowl had 130 some yards and set a record. Result? 8 points
Moreno on other hand didn't break 50 yards and their is your ballgame

So I wouldn't worry so much about backups like cousins breaking 300 on us when he was playing from behind the whole game

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":1299lrzr said:
Sarlacc83":1299lrzr said:

Notice that it is always guys with elite speed.

TY Hilton last year, Sanders, DJax.

Speed is the one thing that has consistently killed our secondary.

CANHawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":37xgvtr0 said:
northseahawk":37xgvtr0 said:

Backup or not, Peyton Manning, drew Brees or kirk cousins.
Any way you slice it, when you can't run the ball, as Alfred Morris had 30 yards or so, it doesn't matter who is quarterbacking, you will see more balls in sir especially in 2nd half playing catch up.

In two games last year, I'm pretty sure Brees ca me close to 600 yards, look how they fared against us. Demarius Thomas in super bowl had 130 some yards and set a record. Result? 8 points
Moreno on other hand didn't break 50 yards and their is your ballgame

So I wouldn't worry so much about backups like cousins breaking 300 on us when he was playing from behind the whole game

Exactly. You have to look at stats in proper context. We shut down the running game and got up early on Den and Was. Thats a recipe for teams airing it out trying to get points in chunks to catch up. Rivers just played out of his mind. No defense for perfect throws.

It's the same reason St. Louis is #1 against the pass; they go DOWN early and teams shifts into clock sucking run mode. Doesn't mean they're great by any stretch, just means teams don't have to work too hard to beat them.

No, the only defensive stat that matters is points against. And I think we're still doing pretty well in that regard.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
northseahawk":3kgysdu4 said:
Let's be real...Kirk Cousins is a "backup" because Snyder loves him and gave up a hell of a lot to get him. Cousins would be starting on plenty of teams

And telling ET to play slower is pretty much telling him to give less than 100% effort

You have 14 posts and a majority of them are very negative against "our" team. Relax