Insider Info Poll

Should Aros continue posting Insider Information?

• Yes, absolutely.

Votes: 100 85.5%
  • I'm not sure. I need to think more about it.

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • No. I don't think it's right.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other (please read my comments)

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously this is a hot topic. I realize posting insider info is a complex issue. First and foremost, I am sensitive to Mark and this community. I do not want to "stir the pot" by offering insider information if it somehow creates problems be it connections to the team or media or other.

I simply think publishing insider information about the team we love to a community of 12's is something that most people (12's) wouldn't mind hearing. Of course, there is risk such as the information being leaked to media who in turn publicly talks about or questions the team about it. Once it's out there in the public domain, it's available for anyone to do as they wish.

While I trust the channels this information is coming from, that's not to say it's 100% fact. These are comments from a player on the current roster, telling his friend in casual conversation. That information is then relayed to me. Is it fact? Is it merely the player's opinion? I have no way to know that.

Mark has giving me his blessing (for now) to continue and I will. However, please understand if any problems stem from this information, any at all, I will simply stop doing it. This is not for sensationalism, this is merely passing along information I feel most 12's would like to know if they could.

So what do you think? Should I continue posting insider info or not?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sure, as long as you continue to preface all the rumors as just that, rumors then there's no harm in discussing them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If we can't trust the originator of the site to put out information with the proper disclaimers as honestly as possible, then what's the point of this place?

I say not only yes but YES

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This from my "source"...I'm sorry, the language is a bit blue but it honestly had me Laughing Out Loud. It's all in good fun.

"I'm gonna run to Safeway to grab a gallon of milk and when I return to the car I have this fear of Sneaky Pete and Russell pulling a gun on me. "Drive Moth F'r"./.. We hear you been reportin' things"...Oh hello there Russell, nice to meet you, you seem like a sweet and caring young man..."SHUT THE F**K UP WHITEBOY"...as Pete punches my face..."

Shock2k

Reaction score
If any reporter is worth their salt they wouldn't use a single source as a preface for writing a story, they would follow up with the team and see if they could corroborate what you have said. I think your totally safe.

Or until the lawyers come calling, in that case let us know and we will raise a big stink.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think you should, especially since it's obvious that you don't post anything that might hurt the team. And you protect your source's livelihood, so where's the harm?

Every team out there studies our film and I'm sure they recognized Okung's injury, it was nice for us fans to get that info so that we can appreciate just what Okung is playing through.

Inside info that answers questions we Seahawks fans are curious about, and that everyone in the NFL probably already knows about is great to have.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think rumors are always fun.. I don't fully buy into the Okung one, just because if hes playing with a torn labrum they'd have to put something on the injury report to duck punishment from the league.. but I don't see any harm in rumors.. provided they never include Pete Carroll screaming "WE HAVE A QB AND HIS NAME IS CHARLIE!" :lol:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1mf5yed1 said:
I think rumors are always fun.. I don't fully buy into the Okung one, just because if hes playing with a torn labrum they'd have to put something on the injury report to duck punishment from the league.. but I don't see any harm in rumors.. provided they never include Pete Carroll screaming "WE HAVE A QB AND HIS NAME IS CHARLIE!" :lol:

As long as he practices fully and doesn't miss any time whatsoever, he doesn't have to go on the report. Every year there is off season surgery for some injury a player has which we never heard about during the season. Every injury isn't reported on the injury report, only the ones that cause players to not be full go all week.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":2khgywvh said:
Hasselbeck":2khgywvh said:

As long as he practices fully and doesn't miss any time whatsoever, he doesn't have to go on the report. Every year there is off season surgery for some injury a player has which we never heard about during the season. Every injury isn't reported on the injury report, only the ones that cause players to not be full go all week.

I thought they had to report it even if hes going to play?

This is from 2012.. so not fully sure if they changed the policy recently
The Bills failed to list Williams on the injury report while he was being treated for a sprained left wrist. Williams said Oct. 3 that the wrist had been bothering him and limiting his effectiveness. The league said Williams should have been on the injury report during that time; he has been on it the last two weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ort-policy

the ditch

Reaction score
I always enjoy talking Seahawks and getting different opinions/perspectives, regardless if something is even true or not I can take what is written and come to my own conclusion would like to see it continue just for the conversation it promotes.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1cpbfj6q said:
kidhawk":1cpbfj6q said:
Hasselbeck":1cpbfj6q said:

I thought they had to report it even if hes going to play?

This is from 2012.. so not fully sure if they changed the policy recently
The Bills failed to list Williams on the injury report while he was being treated for a sprained left wrist. Williams said Oct. 3 that the wrist had been bothering him and limiting his effectiveness. The league said Williams should have been on the injury report during that time; he has been on it the last two weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ort-policy

I don't know that story as I don't follow the Bill's injury report each week. For all I know, they might have limited his participation and left it off the report. It's impossible for me to know exactly what happened.

What I do know, is that at any given time, any player can be playing through an injury and if you had to list every single injury to every player, the list would get really long early on in the season and stay long all year. Players play through injuries more often than not, so there has to be a line somewhere.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is also from 2012..

The NFL’s official injury report policy is as follows:

“It is NFL policy that information on all injured players be supplied by clubs to the league office, the opposing team and local media each game week of the regular season and postseason (including for the two Super Bowl teams the week between the Championship Games and the Super Bowl). The information must be credible, accurate, and specific within the guidelines of the policy.

“All players with significant or noteworthy injuries must be listed on the report, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game. This is especially true of key players and those players whose injuries have been covered extensively by the media.

“This policy is of paramount importance in maintaining the integrity of the NFL.

“The intent of the policy is to provide a full and complete rendering of player availability. The information must be reported in a satisfactory manner to all parties, i.e., the opposing team, local and national media, broadcast partners, etc., for dissemination to the public through the news media.

“The weekly personnel/injury reports have been a cornerstone of the public’s confidence in the NFL for many decades. The credibility of the NFL, our teams, owners, and team personnel requires full compliance with these policies, which will be strictly enforced.”

So .. something is off here.. either Okung isn't as hurt as is being rumored, or he is and the team is not abiding by said injury report guidelines.

Either way.. back to the original topic at hand.. I think Aros sharing this is great and at the least brings some extra discussion to chew on. So I'm all for it. More rumors please :D

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":2mpioyoo said:
This from my "source"...I'm sorry, the language is a bit blue but it honestly had me Laughing Out Loud. It's all in good fun.

"I'm gonna run to Safeway to grab a gallon of milk and when I return to the car I have this fear of Sneaky Pete and Russell pulling a gun on me. "Drive Moth F'r"./.. We hear you been reportin' things"...Oh hello there Russell, nice to meet you, you seem like a sweet and caring young man..."SHUT THE F**K UP WHITEBOY"...as Pete punches my face..."

Lmao, that's funny stuff.

As for the poll, well....Duh ! Hell yes.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The nature of insider info is that much of it is sensitive info hence being insider info, not things available to the public for a reason so that is where I need to make good judgement. If I hear that a player loves to partake in pot, that has no place here. For one, there's no way to substantiate it, and two, it could potentially harm the player's reputation or worse. Again, that's not what this is about. If the news is a harmless curiosity ("Source says that Unger farts a lot in the locker room") it may make the board. If it has to do with a player that has issues learning their roll, i.e. C Mike, I will publish that because it may help explain why he's not getting reps.

Again, I am NOT saying this is 100% FACT. You are all intelligent people that can understand that. If we get nuggets of truth that is completely behind-the-scenes, I think that's a bonus for us all as fans deeply invested in this team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It's a no-brainer "yes".

People are so dumb and they have to complain about everything. If they want to be skeptical, then be skeptical. But keep the skepticism to yourself and let the rest of us read the info.

I appreciate reading any and all rumors about the Seahawks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Aros":209ofgfg said:

Good stuff! But knowing Pete, he would hire the guy as the official/unofficial Seahawks "leaker" Pete finds value in everything (12thmanfan or whatever his name is) and takes advantage of it.

Unger's farting a lot may explain the false starts and bad snaps as loud fart might sound like "Hut!"

As to injuries. reported and unreported "No player in the NFL is 100%" So I'm sure there's some leeway, Bill Belicheck is proof of that.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2yd340xe said:
Sure, as long as you continue to preface all the rumors as just that, rumors then there's no harm in discussing them.
Exactly. You're trustworthy, you always carefully preface what you share, and you put the needs of the team above our desire for inside dirt.

Carry on.

Cartire

Reaction score
I know this topic was started because I voiced my concerns. Like Hasselbeck is saying, I would fear repercussions if Okung really is hurt with a torn labrum and its not being reported. As well as the information other teams can exploit.

I dont want you, or anyone for that matter, to think I dont appreciate and love reading this info. I really do. And its great to hear this stuff. But I stated my reasons. Regardless, im a nobody and if my reasons arent a shared concern with others, thats fine as well.

Still think a VIP forum would solve the issues.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
I love it.

If there is the chance I would like to know more insider info on:

Russ' breakup from Ashton (was she just a twit or something else *wink*)
Anything on Sweezy that proves he is a badass
Who are the guys who partake and who are the ones that are clean
What are Lynch's nicknames for different guys
Who is the smartest player that might surprise us
Who is the dumbest player that might surprise us

All that kind of stuff.

Keep the info flowing. :th2thumbs:

Travis

Reaction score
Been around these forums for a long time but usually just lurking and checking out posts/links as it's the best place I've found to keep up with the Seahawks while being so far away from Seattle. I appreciate all the information that gets posted here and definitely vote yes so long as you're comfortable with it and it seems like you have a pretty good idea of what's safe to share and what should remain between you and your source.