A little positiveness today

kidhawk

Reaction score
There's a great poll on the front page of [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com[/urltargetblank] it asks the real question we should all be asking:

Who are the Seahawks' biggest contender in the NFC?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good question.

We all thought the NFC was going to be super tough this year, but with teams like the Saints, Panthers, Niners and Packers not really living up to expectations yet it appears the conference is weaker than was anticipated.

Right now you'd have to say the two biggest contenders are the Cowboys and Eagles, and maybe throw in the Cards.......even though they looked pretty bad against the Broncos.

marko358

Reaction score
The Packers are improving each week. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd say Cowboys, Cards, SF and Eagles in that order.

The Cowboys were supposed to be bad, but they're finding a way to hide defensive deficiencies with their offense.

The Cards are winning with a backup QB. Campbell being out is going to hurt them, but they have better depth than I thought and their LB corps looks good without Washington. They got the monkey off their back and beat the 49ers.

SF is winning ugly, but they're winning and their defense is 1st in the league at allowing the fewest YAC yards, without Bowman and A. Smith. We won ugly a few times last year as well......ugly still counts.

Eagles have some OL issues. They're also winning ugly, but still winning. I think most folks assume it's a matter of time before the offense starts clicking. Their defense is playing better than expected.

I also find it interesting how some fans on this board will castigate other fans for complaining about the Hawks winning ugly, but they'll write the Niners right off for winning ugly. We won some ugly last year as well, and it got us to the SB.

I'll never quit watching over my shoulder at the Niners.

byau

Reaction score
Here's my list in order of most threatening

49ers: I still think of them as the biggest threat, and they should get key players back later this season.

Packers: They are taking a bit longer than normal to find themselves. Definite upswing, at least offensively. Never count out Aaron Rodgers

Cardinals: I think they are in for a bit of a slide, but I expect them to come on strong in the last third of the season

Cowboys: while on an upswing, I do not seem them sustaining either. While they have discovered going to the run is their winning formula, I have a feeling they may eventually revert back to their more showy offense which won't be as effective.

Eagles: I see their offense not able to sustain for the rest of the season

* Panthers: I haven't been following them so do not know but they're at the top of the NFC South so I'm sure they're in the mix somewhere.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
San Francisco until proven different but Dallas is starting to be in there because it seems after 3+ years Garrett has finally figured out that to win you must run. And anything that stops putting the whole game on Romo's shoulders is a good thing for the Cowboys and bad for most other teams. The only thing that holds that team back from being a bigtime serious threat is Demaro Murray's fumbling issues.