This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Dallas Cowboys

BlueThunder

Reaction score
As frustrating as it was at times to watch that Skins game, it was all worth it to behold the emerging greatness of #3. Just think, it's a year or two until he hits his prime... The Seahawks finally have that elite QB, the talk of the NFL right now, that we've lusted for since the teams inception. May he retire a Hawk after collecting many rings... But enough of my Russell worship. Time for what I think will be a real test for our Hawks, a hot Dallas team. We're gonna need to put the kibosh on the penalties, 'cause that crap last Monday ain't gonna fly against these guys.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/

Cowboys Forum

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum.php

Cowboys Zone

http://cowboyszone.com/

Cowboys HQ (Scout)

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=112

Football's Future

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=14

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

OrFan

Reaction score
The dull-ass cowboy fans never change. They have a couple wins and all of a sudden they can come into Seattle and win. Time to knock them back into their little gopher hole, and back to crying about how bad Romo is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OrFan":3rbg9rbu said:
The dull-ass cowboy fans never change. They have a couple wins and all of a sudden they can come into Seattle and win. Time to knock them back into their little gopher hole, and back to crying about how bad Romo is.
Yep the cryboys fan at my work thinks they are going to beat Seattle, and go on to win the Super Bowl. He bristled when I told him Seattle was 9 point favorites! :)

They've played no one outside of a declining 9'ers team that they lost to at HOME! He's going to the game and every game he goes to Jerry kid's crap the bed for him!

I told him "reality for the Cowboys starts Sunday" after yet another big loss to Seattle!

STAR WARS

Reaction score
You cats are painting a broad brush here. The Cowboys fans on our board and who I know (who are real football fans...while being Cowboys fans) expect nothing but a big challenge for the Cowboys. Do we think we have a shot at winning ? Absolutely. Favored to win ? Not at all. Wouldn't be favored in our house let alone up there.

If your Hawks let the Cowboys hang around like you did the Skids last night.......then grab some popcorn. We are a better team than the Skids......by a lot.

All the talk of the Cowboys running game is really because of the O line and tight end blocking. When they are on....they are on as best as any team in the league right now. We have faced two solid D lines this season (rams and Texans) and we beat them in the trenches pretty handedly. Hawks have a better all around D ...... so the story line really will be weather this Dallas O can move the chains and win TOP in a big way. If we do, we can absolutely win the Game. If not, your offense is going to find all kinds of holes with our defense. We have to keep that offense cold and on the bench as much as possible.

Actually the joke is....that our non existent pass rush could probably help us contain Wilson. Ain't nobody going to get far enough up field to overshoot the edge and allow him a huge gap to run through. :)

Truly....our only hope for our D to limit the Hawks O...is to stop Lynch from taking over.....and forcing Wilson to be a pocket passer all night. He will still make plays......but we could get a tip/pick tackle fumble or something to go our way.

No matter what......its the best matchup this week.....by far........and I hope the refs keep those garbage flags off the ground.

Ri

Cartire

Reaction score
STAR WARS":z6jpsqcn said:
You cats are painting a broad brush here. The Cowboys fans on our board and who I know (who are real football fans...while being Cowboys fans) expect nothing but a big challenge for the Cowboys. Do we think we have a shot at winning ? Absolutely. Favored to win ? Not at all. Wouldn't be favored in our house let alone up there.

If your Hawks let the Cowboys hang around like you did the Skids last night.......then grab some popcorn. We are a better team than the Skids......by a lot.

All the talk of the Cowboys running game is really because of the O line and tight end blocking. When they are on....they are on as best as any team in the league right now. We have faced two solid D lines this season (rams and Texans) and we beat them in the trenches pretty handedly. Hawks have a better all around D ...... so the story line really will be weather this Dallas O can move the chains and win TOP in a big way. If we do, we can absolutely win the Game. If not, your offense is going to find all kinds of holes with our defense. We have to keep that offense cold and on the bench as much as possible.

Actually the joke is....that our non existent pass rush could probably help us contain Wilson. Ain't nobody going to get far enough up field to overshoot the edge and allow him a huge gap to run through. :)

Truly....our only hope for our D to limit the Hawks O...is to stop Lynch from taking over.....and forcing Wilson to be a pocket passer all night. He will still make plays......but we could get a tip/pick tackle fumble or something to go our way.

No matter what......its the best matchup this week.....by far........and I hope the refs keep those garbage flags off the ground.

Ri

Good fair post.

Still have a hard time getting worked up for the Boys. Romo does not do well in crowd noise, something he hasnt had to deal with much yet.

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Cartire":1lowt4f5 said:
STAR WARS":1lowt4f5 said:

Ri

Good fair post.

Still have a hard time getting worked up for the Boys. Romo does not do well in crowd noise, something he hasnt had to deal with much yet.

Well....he had to go to silent count in our own house against the huge Texans crowd that was there on Sunday Pretty sad when you think about it.

But you are correct...... beating crowd noise has never been Romo's strength.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Can't have this discussion without a little flashback.

[youtube]E3QfYYUYsuA[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
STAR WARS":34gufjpw said:

Ri

I'd say a fair assessment. I posted in another thread that you guys are using your offense to mask defensive deficiencies, and I think we'll be able to exploit those deficiencies. Remember, we're a much better defense at home. We're 5th in the league in yards allowed, and a lot of those were on the road. Both teams are neck and neck for rushing, we're 1st in the league, Dallas is 2nd, but we're also 1st in the league in rushing allowed. Dallas is 21st in the league in yards allowed, but both teams are allowing around 21 pts/game. Dallas is way ahead of Seattle in passing yards.

I think if the Dallas defense gets tired, it's over. Problem is, we're not going to blow you out. Evidently, we're a kinder, gentler team that doesn't like to step on other teams' throats and finish a game. If we're up by 10, we will go the most vanilla, conservative offense you've ever seen and couple that with a soft zone on defense to let you rack up yards.

I think we run on Dallas easily, hit them with PA and Wilson and Harvin both go off. We will stifle the ground game of the Cowboys, but give up 300 yards passing to Romo and only win by 10 points.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
STAR WARS":1lkga07t said:

Ri
With all due respect you are putting too much stock in your teams wins and stats against a weak schedule. This is Romo's house of horrors! I expect Tony "turnover" to be in a giving mood and throwing footballs to the blue jerseys after Seattle stuffs the cowboy running game. 8)

And I think the 'boys D will be exposed for the frauds they are, no way they are stopping Harvin, Wilson and Lynch.....

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":37ye1qoj said:
STAR WARS":37ye1qoj said:

Ri
With all due respect you are putting too much stock in your teams wins and stats against a weak schedule. This is Romo's house of horrors! I expect Tony "turnover" to be in a giving mood and throwing footballs to the blue jerseys after Seattle stuffs the cowboy running game. 8)

And I think the 'boys D will be exposed for the frauds they are, no way they are stopping Harvin, Wilson and Lynch.....

I'm not putting too much stock in anything except our O lines ability to move the chains. Romo isn't going to start taking risky throws when he finally has a line and running game to balance out the attack. This Cowboys Offense has playmakers all over the place......but to win this game, the run has to succeed. Big plays that use little clock are no way for us to make a living.

We just faced a stacked D line with the Texans and JJ Watt. (4th in Pts/g) Our no name Left guard made JJ disappear....and when he did come off the edge, Romo put a set of clown shoes on his ass. So if you want to bet that our O line stands no chance to control the LOS......then more power to you. I trust you make that statement after watching Dallas's O line perform.

And no one on our side is calling our D "the truth". The only two players that kept our injured rookie filled squad above water was Rolondo McClain and Bruce Carter. Both are hurt and will not play.......so if the Hawks don't slap them around, you will have bigger questions to answer.

I know the Cowboys have to play their best game of the season to win........but they have shown some serious fight......which hopefully makes it a great game at the least.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
All I want to say is that I'm glad we're playing the Cowboys at home this week, rather than on the road.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2g0tojbh said:
All I want to say is that I'm glad we're playing the Cowboys at home this week, rather than on the road.

This season it would be virtually the same from the Cowboys perspective :)

badronald

Reaction score
Cowboys fan here - I'm just hoping for a competitive game and no injuries. The realistic fans on the boards I frequent can come up with a few ways Dallas can win, but everyone knows its a long shot. Our defense is going to get gashed if McClain isn't playing. Bruce Carter has already been ruled out. bah - probably better off letting those guys heal up for the division games.

So in conclusion - if Cowboys are going to lose to the Seahawks, then please also destroy the Eagles and Giants.

byau

Reaction score
Hawks46":2siezx1v said:
STAR WARS":2siezx1v said:

Ri

I think if the Dallas defense gets tired, it's over. Problem is, we're not going to blow you out. Evidently, we're a kinder, gentler team that doesn't like to step on other teams' throats and finish a game. If we're up by 10, we will go the most vanilla, conservative offense you've ever seen and couple that with a soft zone on defense to let you rack up yards.

I think we run on Dallas easily, hit them with PA and Wilson and Harvin both go off. We will stifle the ground game of the Cowboys, but give up 300 yards passing to Romo and only win by 10 points.

I only read a few of the recaps on Dallas, from what I recall some of the credit of the Dallas defense not getting tired is also another benefit of the plodding offense with Murray. He's definitely on an upswing and I'd like to see how our Rush defense does against the Cowboys run.

NINEster

Reaction score
If this was Cowboys of years' past I'd figure this to be a blowout in Seattle. It still could go that way very easily if one or two mistakes happen early on. That stadium is ruthless to those who make critical mistakes.

However, that OL is for real, league best. First time I saw my Niner run defense look average in a VERY long time, and we're top 3 against the run after 5 games so not a fluke on their part. If they can run a balanced offense, they will move the ball against a Seattle defense that's not quite as good as last year. If zone defense is an issue then Jason Witten can do damage moving the chains.

When it came out that the OL is legit I started to think it would be interesting to see how that helps for a team going into Centurylink. Should be fun to watch.

I believe the Cowboys can run Murray effectively out of spread formations, and if so that's pretty big since it will cut down defenders in the box.

Romo is a baller, always underestimated and s*** on by opposing fans because the Cowboys are the team to hate, but he can be scary when he's on. Versus SF 2011, both Giants games 2012, vs. Denver last year. All people talk about are late game ending picks, but that's overstated. He's dialed down his gunslinger ways a bit lately and it's paying off.

It's really all about the Cowboy defense and how they can deal with Seattle offense. I haven't kept up with the Cowboy D since we played them so not sure of their strengths and weaknesses. Run defense did not look good from memory but they can get after the QB a bit even without Ware. If the pass protection for SF & SEA are comparably poor, then Wilson will not have a ton of time to throw.

Seattle wins, but I see Cowboys covering and a 60 minute game.