Russell the Magician

Shock2k

Reaction score
[youtube]aegqhoepCok[/youtube]

So I've been watching football coverage all day, and they keep calling Russell "a Magician". I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a Ricky Bobby nickname.

We should take it upon ourselves to come up with something better before this sticks.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I don't agree with it, magic is smoke and mirrors as well as tricks. Wilson isn't any of those he also isn't a game manager. Why is it that he just doesn't in the media just got called one of the best young QBs in NFL history ?

dutchman063

Reaction score
He's running too much, he will get hurt eventually, try being more of a pocket passer Russell

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dutchman063":3lltburc said:
He's running too much, he will get hurt eventually, try being more of a pocket passer Russell

Sarcasm?

That pocket will get him killed

dutchman063

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2nsd425a said:
dutchman063":2nsd425a said:

Sarcasm?

And linebackers and DB's wont? lol.. look at M Vick, and RG3

Hawks46

Reaction score
dutchman063":1rlftyo0 said:
Uncle Si":1rlftyo0 said:
dutchman063":1rlftyo0 said:

Sarcasm?

And linebackers and DB's wont? lol.. look at M Vick, and RG3

I thought you were being sarcastic at first. Wilson (and most QBs) take bigger shots standing in the pocket and throwing that pass when guys are bearing down on them. We don't see it as fans, as the camera pans away as soon as the ball goes, but there are tons of hits these guys take as soon as the ball leaves.

Wilson got planted a couple of times Monday night after a pass, and those were harder hits than anything I've seen him take running all season. I'm usually not a proponent of running QBs, but I'm fine with Wilson doing it, as he's proven to be smart and not take big hits.

LargentFan

Reaction score
Nicknames nicknames nicknames...
Why does everything and everyone have to have a damn nickname?
It drives me nuts. Some nicknames are cool. Legion of Boom, Beast Mode and ADB come to mind, but mostly they are best when seldom used. I know his twitter handle is DangeRuss and that's fine...for a twitter handle, but seriously that's a terrible nickname.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I use it all the time. I even got you to quote it. He shoots he scores!!

LargentFan

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":jxdq12r8 said:
I use it all the time. I even got you to quote it. He shoots he scores!!

Smart people say stupid things all the time. It's fine if you want to use a nickname based on a lesser player's nickname, but even you have to admit that it never caught on and most people won't know who you are talking about if you use that nickname.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawks on a 9 game winning streak on Monday Night from what they said last night. People are seeing Wilson in a different light also, first it was a bit of Luck, he was too short and it was a gimmicky offense with the read option, then he propped up by the defense, now they are saying he's doing things nobody else can do, they really don't jump into calling him Elite, I think they are perplexed out what to call him right now.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":236k0zmm said:
Seahawks on a 9 game winning streak on Monday Night from what they said last night. People are seeing Wilson in a different light also, first it was a bit of Luck, he was too short and it was a gimmicky offense with the read option, then he propped up by the defense, now they are saying he's doing things nobody else can do, they really don't jump into calling him Elite, I think they are perplexed out what to call him right now.

As Pete says, he's "unique". There isnt another QB in the league that can do what he does.