Washington Post on Seahawks players' responses to the game

Laloosh

Reaction score
Definitely a little butthurt...

The Seahawks defeated the Redskins on Monday night, as expected.

The Seahawks were also humble, restrained and gracious in victory, as expected, if you just ignore what they actually said and instead imagine the platonic ideal of a humble, restrained and gracious player.

But if you would like to see some of their actual quotations, here are five.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -redskins/

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
There you go. The top costume for the upcoming Halloween season will be an official NFL referee's jersey from NFL.com
That or something Miley Cyrus.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im looking for a Tripplette Jersey now. Hes my favorite player for the opposing team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bennett has a fantastic point, in all the league's earnest efforts to make the NFL more attractive and exciting with more scoring by trying to stop defenders from grabbing and holding.............all it's done is ugly up the game with twice as many penalties.

Is this REALLY what the league wants? Longer uglier games with more stops in action because of flags being thrown all over the place? Do they really think defenders are eventually going to stop grabbing, shoving and holding? Cause I don't.

WendellWent

Reaction score
From the comments:

It used to be illegal to make so much noise that an offense cannot hear the quarterback's signals at the line of scrimmage. A quarterback can tell the ref the crowd is too loud, and the ref will stop the game until the crowd quiets down. Unfortunately, the NFL have thrown that rule away. That has given the home team an unfair advantage that Seattle has exploited.

Cartire

Reaction score
pmedic920":9q392hxa said:
^^^^^^
Would you explain further, what point you are trying to make. My simple mind isn't getting it.

Its from one of the commentators on the article. He should probably of quoted it to make it more apparent.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jmn7p4j said:
Bennett has a fantastic point, in all the league's earnest efforts to make the NFL more attractive and exciting with more scoring by trying to stop defenders from grabbing and holding.............all it's done is ugly up the game with twice as many penalties.

Is this REALLY what the league wants? Longer uglier games with more stops in action because of flags being thrown all over the place? Do they really think defenders are eventually going to stop grabbing, shoving and holding? Cause I don't.
Really good post Sarge. Agree 100%.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Cartire":3b3nuciv said:
pmedic920":3b3nuciv said:
^^^^^^
Would you explain further, what point you are trying to make. My simple mind isn't getting it.

Its from one of the commentators on the article. He should probably of quoted it to make it more apparent.

I figured that much out. Not sure though how that fits into the discussion here. Seemed kinda' random to me. Wondering why he felt the need to bring attention to that comment.
You know, what's his point.

Cartire

Reaction score
pmedic920":1fhluoom said:
Cartire":1fhluoom said:
pmedic920":1fhluoom said:
^^^^^^

I figured that much out. Not sure though how that fits into the discussion here. Seemed kinda' random to me. Wondering why he felt the need to bring attention to that comment.

Ive been trying to figure that out for a bit... Might be a better idea to tackle something easier like peace in teh middle east.

WendellWent

Reaction score
pmedic920":n7eo9bh6 said:
Cartire":n7eo9bh6 said:
pmedic920":n7eo9bh6 said:
^^^^^^

I quoted all of it, not much other context. Just thought it was hilarious how butt hurt Redskins fans are, they are starting to sound like the SF fans from last year that wanted to make it illegal to cheer for your team.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Is anybody else having problems reading the blog post? I only see "nullnull" where the post body should be. Tried on Chrome, Safari and IE.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Bitter":2qimnvo6 said:
Is anybody else having problems reading the blog post? I only see "nullnull" where the post body should be. Tried on Chrome, Safari and IE.

I am now, wasn't early. It got mentioned on 950am this morning, and I have seen several Hawks sites link to it laughing. Maybe they pulled it down in response?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I think it's cool for players to call out the league when refs like Triplett make the game about the officiating, even though there are likely fines that will be levied against them for it. Really, I just think Triplett just has to go and I suspect most teams, except for maybe the Colts, would agree.

On the other hand, I can appreciate that opposing fans don't like what we have to say, especially after we beat them, but that's just the nature of the game. Calling out Garcon for pulling hair and face-masking seems pretty in-bounds to me, so I don't see why the Post is worked up about that. Both uncalled penalties were pretty egregious.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
WendellWent":1lnomqja said:
Bitter":1lnomqja said:

I am now, wasn't early. It got mentioned on 950am this morning, and I have seen several Hawks sites link to it laughing. Maybe they pulled it down in response?

Top quality process right there. Take a blog post down by editing the body to "nullnull" instead of actually deleting it. I guess that way you still get the clicks and ad revenue.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Bitter":169pr44n said:
WendellWent":169pr44n said:
Bitter":169pr44n said:

Top quality process right there. Take a blog post down by editing the body to "nullnull" instead of actually deleting it. I guess that way you still get the clicks and ad revenue.

It is back up now, might have been a server error.