Seahawks possibly moving back to AFC?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Why complicate things? Move Oakland and St. Louis to Los Angeles and be done with it. It's just silly to move two teams to different conferences for no good reason. Oakland in the NFC? Be realistic that would destroy longstanding rivalries that span generations.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Basis4day":1vh96514 said:
Have a source besides B.S. report?

While I hate BR as much as the next guy.. this is actually from one of their "insiders" (if that means anything to you) and not one of their 15 year old bloggers. :D

byau

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1f41ocan said:
All speculative of course.. but the rumor is both the Raiders and Chargers would move to LA, then the Raiders would move to the NFC West and we would move back to the AFC West.

What do you think about this? Personally.. I wouldn't be happy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2224 ... es-stadium

I almost stopped at "Raiders and Chargers would move to LA"

I find that unlikely. One team...maybe. Two teams... never say never, I would be very very surprised seeing as how LA couldn't hold on to any of their teams before.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Two teams in L.A again, good luck. I could see any of those three teams going, but two, no way after what happened last time.

As for Seattle moving again, not happening. Seattle has been treated like a stepchild with no conference since joining the NFL. if they were moved it would be the fourth time the team would be moved from one conference to another (They started in the NFC, moved to the AFC in year two, then moved back to the NFC in 2002). Seattle has started to develop some rivalries in the NFCW (at different times) and NFC overall (like with Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans and Dallas) and now they have a legit winning history since they were pushed out of the AFCW after the 01 season. I just don't see Seattle getting moved again, I could see the Cards or Rams moved out, but not Seattle this time.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the possibility of this happening but I always loved the Hawks/ Raider thing.
My dad is a die hard Raiders fan.
Wouldn't mind keeping the Donks from winning the Div. every year either.

chawx

Reaction score
My ideal re-alignment...

NFC West: Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers, Raiders
AFC West: Rams, Chargers, Cardinals, Chiefs

Only because I view those three teams as the Seahawks best and most hated rivals over the history of the franchise. Those 6 games would be GREAT to watch each year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Makes no sense to change anybody's division. If Rams and Raiders moved to L.A., there'd be an AFC and an NFC team in L.A. That's how they'd leave it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It would be awesome for me living in Kansas City but we've already been there, done that and got the T-shirt. Move Arizona or St. Louis if anything. The most logical thing is moving St. Louis and Oakland and keeping them right where they are conference wise.

chris98251

Reaction score
It will never happen, Denver,Oakland,Kansas City, and San Diego all original teams in the AFC and in the West, they moved us due to that in the first place and won't change it now.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
The NFL will re-work the entire league structure before allowing AFC West to have 5 teams. Why have 1-5 team divison and 7 other 4-team dvisions?

Also if the NFL expands into LA instead of relocating, the NFL will have to add another expansion team, and right now I don't think there's another city that has the necessary steps completed yet for a stadium.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Wait a second...not long ago I was hearing how LA was a terrible place for an NFL team...now we're talking 2 teams there? Why not just move the Rams back there?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
They would never take the Raiders out of the AFC West. The history they have with the teams in that division would prevent them from ever switching conferences.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I would be sorely disappointed if we were made to go back to the AFC and I don't think we will. If we were made to do it that would make for the third conference change since the Hawks were born. The only travel benefit would be not going to St. Louis one time a year. The Phoenix travel time would be wash with the SO. Cal. team. I remember the Raider rivalry but the one with San Fran we have now is much better. Nobody will pat you on the back for beating the Faders.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think they would have a hard time with this; Seahawks ownership would be completely 100% opposed to a third shuffling of the Seahawks. It made sense early on when the franchise was new, and when they moved back into the NFC it was at a time when the team had been awful and was trying to rebuilt itself, so the fresh start was nice.

Seattle should continue to be a contender for the foreseeable future so I don't see them being swapped around.

Cartire

Reaction score
Theres no way 2 teams go to LA. San Diego will eventually re-up under the constant LA Hoax threat. And if they make it to the Bowl this year, its pretty much a done deal.

St. Louis is going down in flames once again. The city is not going to build them a new stadium (they might, but it would be beyond stupid). They have already been scouting land in LA. All signs point to Rams going back.