Bill Leavy to referee Seahawks vs Cowboys

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Initial impression: :pukeface:

In reality, he was very fair to us last time he officiated a Seahawks game...Pretty sure at this point he will make sure he never screws us with officiating ever again, considering what went down in the past, so I'm really alright with it even though I dislike him for life, at this point.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
I think we crush the cowboys. This will be the game many thought the Redskins game would be.

Basis4day

Reaction score
He reffed the Giants game last year. I was fine with him. He also reffed the Seahawks Bears preseason game this year and no one really noticed.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Leavy's fine. Jeff Triplette is the worst official in all of football though (college, HS, mid school, pop warner included).

bmorepunk

Reaction score
For those of you that have large fear/hatred of multiple NFL officiating crews, can you please tell me from the list below which ones you don't have a problem with?

R 122 Brad Allen
U 11 Fred Bryan
HL 48 Jim Mello
LJ 100 Tom Symonette
FJ 67 Doug Rosenbaum
SJ 97 Tom Hill
BJ -- (rotated weekly)

R 66 Walt Anderson
U 44 Jeff Rice
HL 22 Steve Stelljes
LJ 18 Byron Boston
FJ 103 Eugene Hall
SJ 78 Greg Meyer
BJ 111 Terrence Miles

R 34 Clete Blakeman
U 71 Ruben Fowler
HL 36 Tony Veteri
LJ 107 Ron Marinucci
FJ 118 David Meslow
SJ 15 Rick Patterson
BJ 17 Steve Patrick

R 23 Jerome Boger
U 115 Tony Michalek
HL 24 Tom Stabile
LJ 123 Ed Walker
FJ 43 Terry Brown
SJ 56 Allen Baynes
BJ 112 Tony Steratore

R 51 Carl Cheffers
U 96 Undrey Wash
HL 79 Kent Payne
LJ 45 Jeff Seeman
FJ 88 Brad Freeman
SJ 125 Laird Hayes
BJ 30 Todd Prukop

R 65 Walt Coleman
U 129 Bill Schuster
HL 91 Jerry Bergman
LJ 90 Mike Spanier
FJ 80 Greg Gautreaux
SJ 72 Michael Banks
BJ 39 Rich Martinez

R 99 Tony Corrente
U 64 Dan Ferrell
HL 54 George Hayward
LJ 130 Darryll Lewis
FJ 60 Gary Cavaletto
SJ 83 Shawn Hochuli
BJ 119 Greg Wilson

R 85 Ed Hochuli
U 49 Rich Hall
HL 13 Patrick Turner
LJ 35 John Hussey
FJ 29 Adrian Hill
SJ 7 Keith Washington
BJ 93 Scott Helverson

R 127 Bill Leavy
U 31 Chad Brown
HL 134 Ed Camp
LJ 9 Mark Perlman
FJ 86 Jimmy Buchanan
SJ 1 Scott Novak
BJ 61 Keith Ferguson

R 77 Terry McAulay
U 92 Bryan Neale
HL 98 Greg Bradley
LJ 68 Tom Stephan
FJ 109 Dyrol Prioleau
SJ 95 James Coleman
BJ 12 Greg Steed

R 135 Pete Morelli
U 76 Darrell Jenkins
HL 8 Dana McKenzie
LJ 101 Carl Johnson
FJ 82 Buddy Horton
SJ 75 Rob Vernatchi
BJ 104 Dale Shaw

R 132 John Parry
U 131 Mark Pellis
HL 74 Derick Bowers
LJ 10 Julian Mapp
FJ 89 Jon Lucivansky
SJ 73 Joe Larrew
BJ 46 Perry Paganelli

R 114 Gene Steratore
U 102 Bruce Stritesky
HL 106 Wayne Mackie
LJ 108 Gary Arthur
FJ 25 Bob Waggoner
SJ 116 Mike Weatherford
BJ 105 Dino Paganelli

R 62 Ronald Torbert
U 124 Carl Paganelli
HL 37 Jim Howey
LJ 84 Mark Steinkerchner
FJ 20 Barry Anderson
SJ 3 Scott Edwards
BJ 38 Greg Yette

R 42 Jeff Triplette
U 40 Butch Hannah
HL 5 John McGrath
LJ 32 Jeff Bergman
FJ 41 Boris Cheek
SJ 55 Alex Kemp
BJ 133 Steve Freeman

R 52 Bill Vinovich
U 121 Paul King
HL 110 Phil McKinnely
LJ 59 Rusty Baynes
FJ 117 John Jenkins
SJ 58 Jimmy DeBell
BJ 63 Jim Quirk

R 4 Craig Wrolstad
U 81 Roy Ellison
HL 28 Mark Hittner
LJ 47 Tim Podraza
FJ 33 Steve Zimmer
SJ 21 Jeff Lamberth
BJ 27 Lee Dyer

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think Leavy has made it his life's mission to not get blamed for a call against the Seahawks for the rest of his career. I think he really did feel bad about XL after the fact.

He called our game very fairly last year.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Could the league and the networks be any more excited that the Cowboy's are finally 4-1 to start a season? Hell, they dominated sports coverage when they're 1-4. If we thought "they" were trying to keep the Redskins game close... god only knows what they'll do to try to keep America's Team rolling...

hawker84

Reaction score
Or better yet, is there a crew out there that's worth half a damn...

They all suck, and they all blow calls, miss calls, and you can thank Rog for that.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3hbzd8jr said:
Initial impression: :pukeface:

In reality, he was very fair to us last time he officiated a Seahawks game...Pretty sure at this point he will make sure he never screws us with officiating ever again, considering what went down in the past, so I'm really alright with it even though I dislike him for life, at this point.

Agreed. Levy manned up and admitted his mistakes . He says it keeps him up at night . Thats cool with me . He will never screw us again.

Polaris

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2zjfs17p said:
Could the league and the networks be any more excited that the Cowboy's are finally 4-1 to start a season? Hell, they dominated sports coverage when they're 1-4. If we thought "they" were trying to keep the Redskins game close... god only knows what they'll do to try to keep America's Team rolling...

I doubt it. While this will be the FOX game of the week, it's not a prime-time game. Not only that but pretty much everyone knows what tends to happen to visiting teams that visit Seattle which means (at least initially) there will be a lot of viewers just to see how the Cowboys face their first "real" test. I doubt many people actually expect the 'boys to win, but are interested in seeing if they can 'man up' in the Clink.

As such, I don't see any real motivation by the Networks or the NFL to 'keep it close'. If (hypothetically) the 'boys get blown out by thirty, most would shrug and say "well it was Seattle in Seattle" and move on. That doesn't mean that the 'hawks should take the Cowboys lightly (and I am sure they won't), but I don't think we'll see the same one-sided officiating we saw on Monday....and I HOPE that the 'hawks clean up their own act considerably!

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Polaris":3pfkr7kb said:
LawlessHawk":3pfkr7kb said:

I doubt it. While this will be the FOX game of the week, it's not a prime-time game. Not only that but pretty much everyone knows what tends to happen to visiting teams that visit Seattle which means (at least initially) there will be a lot of viewers just to see how the Cowboys face their first "real" test. I doubt many people actually expect the 'boys to win, but are interested in seeing if they can 'man up' in the Clink.

As such, I don't see any real motivation by the Networks or the NFL to 'keep it close'. If (hypothetically) the 'boys get blown out by thirty, most would shrug and say "well it was Seattle in Seattle" and move on. That doesn't mean that the 'hawks should take the Cowboys lightly (and I am sure they won't), but I don't think we'll see the same one-sided officiating we saw on Monday....and I HOPE that the 'hawks clean up their own act considerably!

Much, much closer to what you state.... but I just have so much fun wearing the tin foil this time of year... it's shaped like a pirate hat! :D

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Leavy has a good reputation amongst refs. His performance in XL, while unfortunate to us, was kind of an outlier and he's been decent since, even to us.

Tripplette is bad year in and year out.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I don't know how people would want to watch football if they strongly believed that the NFL and it's secret agents were steering games. It seems pointless.

kearly

Reaction score
You know how there are makeup calls when a ref knows he's screwed up? Leavy's been giving Seattle makeup games ever since his crew screwed us in XL. For the most part, he keeps the flags in his pocket in Seahawks games and when the refs lets both teams play Seattle almost always wins.

Cartire

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2i1qj343 said:
I don't know how people would want to watch football if they strongly believed that the NFL and it's secret agents were steering games. It seems pointless.

People watch WWE all the time.