Cowboys fan wants to slap Wilson in the face

Sprfunk

Reaction score
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/3 ... ace/page-4\

Some of the Boys fans advocate for Wilson, and thats nice to hear. Some of thier fans seem resonable and thoughtful, a few don't fit that bill.

"he(Wilson) is a running back that takes snaps and sometimes hands to another running back."

"Wilson is a one read and run QB"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pete Carroll's offensive philosophy has really hurt Wilson's image for a lot of other NFL fans, unfortunately.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Bwahaha, 'one read and run?'

I can't wait for Russ to shred 'em. Back to reality for the 'Boys this Sunday.

Edit: I wonder if Russ really could lead the Jags to the Super Bowl? I bet he'd make them a playoff contender.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seems like the majority of the fans in that thread actually recognize Wilson's talent (if you go back to page 1). Spoiled apples in every bunch, but I see a lot of level-headed posts in there.

byau

Reaction score
Sprfunk":29sv75hi said:
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/39841-russell-wilson-has-a-real-slappable-face/page-4\

Some of the Boys fans advocate for Wilson, and thats nice to hear. Some of thier fans seem resonable and thoughtful, a few don't fit that bill.

"he(Wilson) is a running back that takes snaps and sometimes hands to another running back."

If you only watched the game this week vs Redskins, a conclusion of "one read and run" isn't farfetched. Most of his runs were pretty quick after the snap and not extensive scrambling in the pocket before running. And he got 120+ yards.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If a "one read and run" QB just won the Super Bowl, maybe people should shift their opinion on what makes a winning team.

Or shift their opinion on Wilson, one of the two. As in, actually watch a game.

Why are we linking to a forum of people actively wanting players to be injured, again? Nuke this drivel.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
byau":2cn1sb9i said:
If you only watched the game this week vs Redskins, a conclusion of "one read and run" isn't farfetched. Most of his runs were pretty quick after the snap and not extensive scrambling in the pocket before running. And he got 120+ yards.

Let's be honest, the large majority of Russell's throws are one read throws. Especially this year with all the short throws to Harvin.

BUT, not all Russell's fault, because that's what Pete and Bevell have implemented into our offensive game plans.......plays that suit Russell's style, which is more like a college offense (lots of play action, layered deception from the same look, etc).

Rarely does Russell sit in the pocket for 3-5 seconds and go through 3 or 4 progressions. If he does, then it's planned roll out, then he hits a 2nd or 3rd progression receiver.

The question is, why do we care? If another team's fans are too stupid to understand that there are many different ways to win a football game, and that you don't have to have a prototypical 3-5 step dropback QB that goes through progressions? Like it diminishes Russell's skill or legitimacy as a QB?............all we need to say to that is "SuperBowl," where we demoralized and destroyed one of the most prototypical dropback QB's of all time.

lsheldon

Reaction score
byau":3m5q9kul said:
Sprfunk":3m5q9kul said:
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/39841-russell-wilson-has-a-real-slappable-face/page-4\

A lot of those were designed runs.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's going to be a treat to watch us destroy the Cowboys this Sunday at home and revel in the aftermath of all those Donkey fan's tears and the stupid look on their faces as they try to figure out what just happened to their paper tiger 4-1 team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Guess I just gave away my fearless prediction, eh? LOL

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Still I am shocked at how complimentary most of the posts in that thread are. Those aren't the Cowboys fans I remember!

lsheldon

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":13gm13ni said:
Still I am shocked at how complimentary most of the posts in that thread are. Those aren't the Cowboys fans I remember!

Based on the attendance at their home games this year, those fans no longer exist.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Wait wait wait...Cowboy fans, who's QB last I checked is the master of the choke Tony Romo, are insulting OUR QB?! I honestly don't know how to respond to that. Uh, count the rings I guess?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":wgpu4j5v said:

Can I take that to the mountains with me tomorrow? I need a firestarter....or maybe a cowboy shirt may work...or wait...I have a Cowboy beer mug. Fill it with gas and let it burn burn burn..in the ring of fire, the ring of fire. How do you like my Johnny Cash imitation?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sprfunk":31w13et1 said:

Yep, Tyler Helfet was Wilson's first read on that long pass play! :sarcasm_off:
Fans like this show their ignorance when they don't watch the teams they are talking about instead looking purely at fantasy football stats. What a clown!

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday at the Dallas game this Sunday.

Watching them bawl after knowing their fans post this kind of drivel will make my miserable entry into official middle-age-hood a little less terrible. In fact, it will be wonderful. I will take extra pleasure in watching them trudge out with their chins on their chests like every other fanbase that's been here since Wilson took the QB job. And I'll be sure to toast their misery. I'm an old man now which means I get to do grumpy crap like that.

EDIT: Actually, most of that thread is giving Wilson props. No need to play up the hate. Although I will still be a grumpy old man and toast their misery.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Win one for the Gipper!
A Gridiron4RockneJr 495x648
(This is what football looked like when I was young)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1kc1wo0f said:
byau":1kc1wo0f said:

Let's be honest, the large majority of Russell's throws are one read throws. Especially this year with all the short throws to Harvin.

BUT, not all Russell's fault, because that's what Pete and Bevell have implemented into our offensive game plans.......plays that suit Russell's style, which is more like a college offense (lots of play action, layered deception from the same look, etc).

Rarely does Russell sit in the pocket for 3-5 seconds and go through 3 or 4 progressions. If he does, then it's planned roll out, then he hits a 2nd or 3rd progression receiver.

The question is, why do we care? If another team's fans are too stupid to understand that there are many different ways to win a football game, and that you don't have to have a prototypical 3-5 step dropback QB that goes through progressions? Like it diminishes Russell's skill or legitimacy as a QB?............all we need to say to that is "SuperBowl," where we demoralized and destroyed one of the most prototypical dropback QB's of all time.

If the 'the majority of his throws' are one read, how could he have completions to so many different receivers right now? That statement is pure horse manure, and, if you had thought before you posted that, I'm confident you would come to the same conclusion.

What really gets me -and this isn't coming from you- is how people on this forum say that Russ 'just doesn't do' certain things that require stepping into the pocket or trusting the pocket. Let me give you all a clue. Until the OL can CONSISTENTLY give him a clean pocket to throw from, they don't warrant that kind of confidence. To look at the 1-2 times in maybe 10 snaps that he gets a good pocket and ping on him for not staying home is completely absurd. Also, if he see real estate in front of him, why now not take advantage of idiots who don't contain him?

Grass is always greener on the other side, but right now I'm jealous of the Cowboys OL. They've been drafting high for OL the past few seasons and it's finally paying off for them. If Russ could get anything close to the consistent protection Romo is getting now, you would suddenly see him start doing what many of you rather ignorantly state that he 'just doesn't do. :177692: