Kurt Warner's Top 5 QB's week 5

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000407848/Kurt-Warner-s-top-5-Quarterbacks-of-Week-5[/urltargetblank]

this is an example of perception vs. reality. I think in this instance Warner plays out the "reality" and the fans pick is the "perception"

Warner has Wilson Number 1.....the fans???????

Edit to add Kurt just tweeted this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kurt13warner/status/520016170015924224[/tweet]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I admit Kurt threw me a curve ball.

I was watching the segment with my wife and I said you watch, Kurt won't make RW his #1 this week out of spite. I gladly accepted the crow on my plate. While he will still tell you that he's not sold on RW's passing arm (wait, what?), he has to now admit that he is clearly one of the best game changers in the game.

The fact that the fans didn't even have RW in the top five this week simply illustrates how brain dead the average NFL fan is.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":vcpw4q4m said:
I admit Kurt threw me a curve ball.

I was watching the segment with my wife and I said you watch, Kurt won't make RW his #1 this week out of spite. I gladly accepted the crow on my plate. While he will still tell you that he's not sold on RW's passing arm (wait, what?), he has to now admit that he is clearly one of the best game changers in the game.

The fact that the fans didn't even have RW in the top five this week simply illustrates how brain dead the average NFL fan is.

Or they're just plain homers. Fans want their guy to be the best, and they hate on anyone else that is better. That's society now.

It is ironic that Warner had Wilson at 1; usually he's pretty hard on Russ.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawks46":12a9b6fx said:
Or they're just plain homers. Fans want their guy to be the best, and they hate on anyone else that is better. That's society now.

True on both accounts.

ivotuk

Reaction score
NFL Total Access "Who would you pick to start your franchise Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson" Heath Evans went Luck and just slobbered all over him

But Willie McGinest said "All those things you said about Luck you can say about Wilson" Evans "Not the back shoulder fade!" Like that was some win all response.

Kurt Warner abstained but Heath Evans used the tired old argument "Russell Wilson has that defense and a running game, and a Beast offensive line"

Uh no Heath on the last part, 8 pre snap penalties, Russell won in SPITE of his Oline. And the reason he's being called a "Magician" this week is because he was under pressure almost every drop back!

But what they NEVER mention is the difference between the AFCS and the NFCW.

Let's see Andrew Luck still walk after playing behind the Seahawks 2013 Patchwork Offensive Line against the likes of Robert Quinn, Chris Long, Justin and Aldon Smith, Darnell Dockett and Calais Campbell! Not to mention the All Pro Linebackers and DBS in this division.

And don't forget our "pedestrian" wide receivers. We have good receivers, but we don't have Reggie Wayne, Coby Fleener, Duane Allen, Hakeem Nicks, T.Y. Hilton and Donte Moncrief!

Thats SIX front line receivers! And except for TY Hilton, BIG receivers! Reggie Wayne is the next smallest at 6'0

So I'd like to see Luck play behind a porous pass blocking offensive line, with small receivers, against NFCW defenses. If he can survive that, then we can talk. But you can't just list the things that favor your argument.

peppersjap

Reaction score
ivotuk":2h43curd said:
NFL Total Access "Who would you pick to start your franchise Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson" Heath Evans went Luck and just slobbered all over him

But Willie McGinest said "All those things you said about Luck you can say about Wilson" Evans "Not the back shoulder fade!" Like that was some win all response.

Kurt Warner abstained but Heath Evans used the tired old argument "Russell Wilson has that defense and a running game, and a Beast offensive line"

Uh no Heath on the last part, 8 pre snap penalties, Russell won in SPITE of his Oline. And the reason he's being called a "Magician" this week is because he was under pressure almost every drop back!

But what they NEVER mention is the difference between the AFCS and the NFCW.

Let's see Andrew Luck still walk after playing behind the Seahawks 2013 Patchwork Offensive Line against the likes of Robert Quinn, Chris Long, Justin and Aldon Smith, Darnell Dockett and Calais Campbell! Not to mention the All Pro Linebackers and DBS in this division.

And don't forget our "pedestrian" wide receivers. We have good receivers, but we don't have Reggie Wayne, Coby Fleener, Duane Allen, Hakeem Nicks, T.Y. Hilton and Donte Moncrief!

Thats SIX front line receivers! And except for TY Hilton, BIG receivers! Reggie Wayne is the next smallest at 6'0

So I'd like to see Luck play behind a porous pass blocking offensive line, with small receivers, against NFCW defenses. If he can survive that, then we can talk. But you can't just list the things that favor your argument.
I'm good with what you're saying until you compare our "pedestrian" WR to Indy's. You are right that we don't have a WR like Reggie Wayne who is very close to the end, Hakeem Nicks who has been a huge under achiever, Coby Fleener who is good but still needs to make his name and Donte Moncrief who I've never heard of. We have Baldwin and Kearse who are both serious over achievers and have rings to prove it and Zack Miller who Fleener should be looking up too at this point not to mention a guy named Percy Harvin who is way better than anyone Indy has on there roster. Where do you come up with the 6 front line receivers? I still haven't mentioned Lockette or Richardson or L. Wilsson. How about a little respect for our Super Bowl champion Receiver core?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":4fj3n8r9 said:
I'm good with what you're saying until you compare our "pedestrian" WR to Indy's. You are right that we don't have a WR like Reggie Wayne who is very close to the end, Hakeem Nicks who has been a huge under achiever, Coby Fleener who is good but still needs to make his name and Donte Moncrief who I've never heard of. We have Baldwin and Kearse who are both serious over achievers and have rings to prove it and Zack Miller who Fleener should be looking up too at this point not to mention a guy named Percy Harvin who is way better than anyone Indy has on there roster. Where do you come up with the 6 front line receivers? I still haven't mentioned Lockette or Richardson or L. Wilsson. How about a little respect for our Super Bowl champion Receiver core?

The truth is, arguing whose receivers are better is more difficult than the Wilson vs Luck debates. Luck threw more than twice as many passes as Wilson in week 5, and so their receivers are going to put up bigger numbers, and the stat-dwellers are going to say they're better.

Our receivers are no doubt underrated in this system, Golden Tate hasn't turned into a 1500yard (projected) receiver overnight, he's been that good for a couple of years. I don't doubt that Doug Baldwin could have similar production working the slot for a bunch of other teams.

Kearse is improving every year and it's hard to say where his ceiling is, it's not far-fetched to think he could be a #2 WR at the least.

I'm glad you left Lockette, Richardson and Willson out of your argument. I think Willson will come good, I can't see Rockette making his way up the receivers list (he's already 28), but he's obviously a really valuable asset. Jury's out on Richardson, but he's got plenty of time.

FTR Donte Moncrief's their Rookie WR who plenty on here wanted us to look at. He's super raw, but you'll have heard of him in a couple of years, he could be great.

I'm going to miss Beastmode a lot, but part of me is excited to see what Wilson can do when our run game sees an inevitable decline without him, I'm sure that any leftover Wilson detractors will then eat crow.

DrDix

Reaction score
Dunno what you guys are talking about, all Kurt Warner does is praise DangeRuss...before the season started he put RW as his 5th qb in top 5 qbs...he praised him all last season too.

Otherwise, can't say I am surprised fans didn't put RW in their top 5.

Gotta pass for 300 yards and have 40 attempts per game to get in that company!! :sarcasm_on:

lobohawk

Reaction score
Would be funny to see Wilson win the FedEx Air & Ground voting for both. Course he's not a nominee, but still.

Smellyman

Reaction score
DrDix":25buscrn said:
Dunno what you guys are talking about, all Kurt Warner does is praise DangeRuss...before the season started he put RW as his 5th qb in top 5 qbs...he praised him all last season too.

Gotta pass for 300 yards and have 40 attempts per game to get in that company!! :sarcasm_on:

I thought Warner liked RW

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I want to know why EVERYONE thinks our Oline is good in pass protection except us Seahawks fans...I see it in a ton of posts about how bad Indys line is and praising the Seahawks line..it makes ZERO sense to me why people think this....Because Lynch is good and has alot of yards? Is this the reason? Even though alot of his yards are after contact at the LOS?

Smellyman

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2jzd3oi2 said:
I want to know why EVERYONE thinks our Oline is good in pass protection except us Seahawks fans...I see it in a ton of posts about how bad Indys line is and praising the Seahawks line..it makes ZERO sense to me why people think this....Because Lynch is good and has alot of yards? Is this the reason? Even though alot of his yards are after contact at the LOS?

It's just assumed by the masses and it fits the narrative. Colts are good only because of Luck. Seahawks are good because every facet of the Hawks is great. Fitspatrick could lead the hawks to the SuperBowl

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Smellyman":h9gcxh61 said:
WilsonMVP":h9gcxh61 said:

It's just assumed by the masses and it fits the narrative. Colts are good only because of Luck. Seahawks are good because every facet of the Hawks is great. Fitspatrick could lead the hawks to the SuperBowl
Yep. Also, when Okung and Unger were good they were REALLY good. Unger was a top 100 player in the entire NFL a couple seasons ago. Okung was looking like an every season All-Pro at the time. It's part of that 2-year lag a lot of fans and media have for the NFL. It's the reason players make Pro Bowls a couple years after they're toast (Jeff Saturday). It's part of why our Hawks were frontrunners to win it all last year (for people paying close attention), but also caught a ton of people by surprise (everyone else).

The casual fan, doesn't spend a lot of time evaluating o-line. The casual media personality spends more time on hair and makeup than o-line evaluation. Even if they know "Seahawks linemen missed X amount of games in 2013" but the Hawks still win it all, they don't go to game film to see how. They assume that our system is so foolproof or that defenders just key on Lynch or that we win because of our defense, etc.

In short, lazy analysis leads to grabbing at the straws of football clichés to support a position already decided upon.

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3h7kays3 said:
Smellyman":3h7kays3 said:
WilsonMVP":3h7kays3 said:

Yep. Also, when Okung and Unger were good they were REALLY good. Unger was a top 100 player in the entire NFL a couple seasons ago. Okung was looking like an every season All-Pro at the time. It's part of that 2-year lag a lot of fans and media have for the NFL. It's the reason players make Pro Bowls a couple years after they're toast (Jeff Saturday). It's part of why our Hawks were frontrunners to win it all last year (for people paying close attention), but also caught a ton of people by surprise (everyone else).

The casual fan, doesn't spend a lot of time evaluating o-line. The casual media personality spends more time on hair and makeup than o-line evaluation. Even if they know "Seahawks linemen missed X amount of games in 2013" but the Hawks still win it all, they don't go to game film to see how. They assume that our system is so foolproof or that defenders just key on Lynch or that we win because of our defense, etc.

In short, lazy analysis leads to grabbing at the straws of football clichés to support a position already decided upon.

It's the excuses made for others like Foles and kaepernick, but never Wilson.

Foles is missing 3 lineman cut him some slack. RW had 3 lineman out not a word.

Kaepernick was missing Crabtree cut him some slack(he also had Gore and best OL in nation). RW was missing Rice and Harvin and 3 lineman.

RW just kept having comeback wins and playing great

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawks46":2vr10bo4 said:

idk, I think Warner is more fair than most.

Yesterday the NFL Network guys asked him to break their tie breaker between who he'd rather have as his QB, Wilson or Luck........and he kinda dodged the question.

He said Wilson has to work harder to make all the throws, and Luck makes more mistakes, so he'd need to see the team around the QB's before deciding. I thought that was a pretty fair statement.

mikeak

Reaction score
DrDix":1v7pg8aw said:

I have heard Warner say on the radio that RW isn't in the top because "a qb has to be able to stand in the pocket and make the throws".

That was on TNF radio show or MNF radio show before the game. He may be coming around but he is / has been under the belief that RW can't be a pocket passer