Football Gameplan's 2014 Seahawks vs Cowboys Wk 6 Preview

Largent80

Reaction score
Em, sorry bro, but the Hawks are #1 vs. the rush this year, and in Seattle add a +1.

ALSO, we run the ball extremely well....#1 in the NFL.

Dallas has played 3 opponents in a row ranked in the 20's in the league vs. the rush.

Plus Tony friggin Romo has choked many games including right here in Seattle.

Dallas is goin down and goin down HARD.

Does this ring a bell.....Hahahahahha

97ljy5L

sutz

Reaction score
Have to go with Largent here, Em. Nice vid, but I think you underrate our D a bit.

I don't remember exactly, but I don't believe we've lost to a non-divisional opponent at home in at least 2 years, maybe 3.
;)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well you can't be right EVERY time, so we'll give you a pass on this one Em....still really appreciate all the work you do in putting these together.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Romo and the Cowgirls cough up the football at least three (3) times (Murray one fumble and Romo 2 INTs) and the Hawks win this one going away... 31- 17.

Sorry Em, you got this one wrong.

OP
OP
E

EmDiggy

Reaction score
I must say, this might be the 'purest' football game this weekend. I'm going to be in heaven watching this one. Love the way both teams run the ball (RB's dream)

Cartire

Reaction score
Actually really shocked with your pick on this one Em. Did you forget where the game is being played?

Largent80

Reaction score
Dallas defense ranked #20 vs. the rush. We are #1

They played Tenn. ranked #26
They played St. Loius ranked #29
They played N.O. ranked #14
They played Houston ranked #21..needed overtime at home to win that one.
and S.F. ranked #5 (but that was the first game of the year, and they were throwing vs. S.F.)

Easy to see why they have been able to run so far.....This week they meet the wall.

Cartire

Reaction score
Largent80":3ebrblp6 said:
Dallas defense ranked #20 vs. the rush. We are #1

They played Tenn. ranked #26
They played St. Loius ranked #29
They played N.O. ranked #14
They played Houston ranked #21..needed overtime at home to win that one.
and S.F. ranked #5 (but that was the first game of the year, and they were throwing vs. S.F.)

Easy to see why they have been able to run so far.....This week they meet the wall.

And to be fair, they lost to SF.

Largent80

Reaction score
Yes and they lost because Romo was throwing the ball right to the guys in red. He was dreadful in that game, I watched it.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Cowboys offense does match up fairly well against the Seahawks defense. In fact, they could be the one team the Hawks face where it could be said the opponents offense has a favorable rank vs the Seahawks defense.

In 2012, Romo played the Seahawks as well as any QB has vs this version of the Seahawks. He was the best player on the field that day, no question. However, his teammates eventually began to make business decisions. Once the white-Lofa got decleated by the cuckold maker Tate, the Cowboys screamed "no mas".

It all comes down to toughness and will for the Cowboys.

Do they have the toughness to make 4 yard gains, on 14 consecutive plays, while getting their bell rung? Can Romo and Garrett go 10 plays without doing something stupid? I say no..no they cant...but I can understand an opposing viewpoint.

This game IS not as easy as some make it out to be. The Cowboys offense has the tools and personnel to "San Diego" the Seahawks.

XOXO

Darryl Jackson's Seizure

Largent80

Reaction score
Well D.J's seizure, if we set the edge on running plays they will be forced to San Diego us. I think Burley played in just his second game that day, he has a little more exp. now. KJ Wright is beginning to look normal again, and Irvin had a great game Monday. If we get to Romo....No Mas again.

XOXO

David Carradines Noose

pehawk

Reaction score
It has zero do with the edges. The Cowboys offensive line can , and will a lot, win the trenches. And, Murray's a matchup issue as well for our LB's.

XOXO

Hollywood Henderson's Straw

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, they are an "edge" rushing team so far in the games I've watched, so, I would say the edge is important, but not the Edge in U2.

XOXO

Adrian Petersons Switch

Cartire

Reaction score
Holy crap, a pehawk sighting and its to boast the Cowboys. Ive seen it all now.

XOXO

(Someones ailment as its own sentient entity)

pehawk

Reaction score
Meh, not as much boasting as it is reporting what I've seen. It's still Garrett and Romo, so, I like the Seahawks chances. But, that offensive line is legit. And, Murray's got good enough tools to utilize that line.

XOXO

Moderator Concern Over Pehawk Posting Again

Largent80

Reaction score
I think their line is good, however, the teams they have played give up massive amounts of yards vs. the rush.

Denvers line supposedly is good and they couldn't do squat against us.

XOXO

The Hindenburg Mast.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1gufoggs said:
Meh, not as much boasting as it is reporting what I've seen. It's still Garrett and Romo, so, I like the Seahawks chances. But, that offensive line is legit. And, Murray's got good enough tools to utilize that line.

XOXO

Not really any concern given you're posting seriously. Anyway I worry about Murray also but I really think our saving grace will be the fact that both Murray and Romo will turn the ball over at the worst time most likely. It's just what they do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":k5c9mnrs said:
Em, sorry bro, but the Hawks are #1 vs. the rush this year, and in Seattle add a +1.]

Don't get me wrong, we've been stout against the run, but we've also played 4 pass heavy offenses with pretty weak run games.

The Cowboy's O-line has been damn good, and Murray is a great RB, so this will be our stiffest test yet. I do think the Cowboys can score 21 on us...........but I also think Russell and Lynch are going to destroy the Cowboys weak defense, so unless we have another sloppy penalty fest of a game like Monday night, this should be a 35-21 type game.

Another sloppy game though?..........and this games close.

pehawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":azz7svti said:
pehawk":azz7svti said:

XOXO

Not really any concern given you're posting seriously. Anyway I worry about Murray also but I really think our saving grace will be the fact that both Murray and Romo will turn the ball over at the worst time most likely. It's just what they do.

I hope I never post seriously.

This is a message board, it should always be fun. Cancer and war are serious, this is a bunch of nerds talking football. If I ever do post seriously, I hope I get stricken with SARS, ebola, or stomach cancer....because I'll deserve it.

Sgt Largent is spot on in the difference between the OLs faced. Plus, the one balanced team the Hawks faced, they lost to.