Last week our inactive list was as follows:

Bailey, OT
Michael, RB
Miller, TE
Norwood, WR
Pierre-Louis, LB
Scruggs, DE
Simon, CB

This week, we can count on Simon and Bailey to be out, that is already certain due to their status listing today. This leaves 5 left.

Listening to Pete's presser, it doesn't sound good for Unger. Seems like he is set to go forward without Unger this week, so I think it's safe to put him on the list. This leaves 4 left

Bailey did get limited reps today, but Pete didn't sound too optimistic. It would be nice to have him ready in case Okung gets hurt or we lose another TE, but I think that he is also likely going to be inactive. This leaves 3 slots left

Michael, Norwood, Pierre-Louis and Scruggs have all basically been healthy scratches just because we have excess depth in these areas making them more expendable. If the above predictions come true, one of these guys will get the call to duty this week. I know a lot of people (myself included) are anxious to see what Michael can do out there, but I think that we may activate Scruggs this week to give us an extra guy in the DLine rotation.

Anyone else see it differently this week?

Jville

Reaction score
I would very much like to see Greg Scruggs this week to bolster that defensive line against the run. However, they have plenty of size for their rotation without Scruggs. So .... the motivation for activating him would be more out of wanting to see him in there than because of need.

I'm leaning toward LB Kevin Pierre-Louis for special teams work. Josh Thomas was released earlier in the week. So their are some special team snaps available there. And with Kam Chancellor listed as questionable, they might want to transfer or replace his special teams responsibilities. Those two had 16 special teams snaps verses Washington last Monday. Jeron Johnson had 26 special teams snaps Monday night. If Johnson spells Chancellor then there could be some additional snaps available to Pierre-Louis this Sunday. I'm leaning toward a special teams activation this week.