It's official

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
The NFL is determined to make sure Hawks don't repeat. Our playing like crap nonwithstanding, the noncalls and calls our opponents are getting will continue to happen the rest of the season. We are getting too cute on offense and our injuries are starting to take their toll. With the margin of error so thin in NFL, this is the difference between winning and losing against a good team.

Pete and the rest of the team need to wake up and realize they won't be getting any breaks this season and must make their own instead.

PS. The Hawk fans leaving early should be ashamed of themselves. The whole crowd this year has been too meek and fat and happy in the glow of last year. We need to be holding down our home field advantage better and take nothing for granted. And to Hawk fans attending their first game, stop chanting "Seahawks" while we are on offense, especially when we are on a critical 4th down late in the game.

lucky49

Reaction score
you guys sound like whiner fans

--a whiner fan

nanomoz

Reaction score
op, I love ya, but you're tripping. The offense and defense deserved to lose by 20.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
nanomoz":3kmqtkkk said:
op, I love ya, but you're tripping. The offense and defense deserved to lose by 20.

It was a good game, but we did screw up a lot.

OP
OP
E

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
lucky49":1parpd5a said:
you guys sound like whiner fans

--a whiner fan

Count me guilty then Whiner. :49ersmall: I can make a video of a least 10 noncalls in the benefit of the Cowboys. They lined up offsides in the neutral zone frequently, they mugged our players after the whistle with no calls and committed several PI's on key third down with no calls. I'm not taking anything away from the Cowboys, they played with a lot of heart today and they frankly deserved the win but the officials clearly were not calling anything in our favor.

Troy Aikman said an an accidental truth that the "Cowboys came into this game with house money." They were favored to lose by nine instead, they won by seven which is a huge victory for Vegas. And that is the truth of the matter and all that matters $$$

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Idiotic.

This is a team that expected to win and took it for granted. I saw plenty of missed opportunities to wrap up because our guy was going for the big hit. I saw missed chanced to tackled because someone was trying to strip the ball.

Unless I heard the announcer right, they decided to stay and fly back the next evening after the Monday night game. That meant an extremely short week - and it showed.

Yes, we have nowhere near the pass rush we had last year. Yes our secondary is depleted and our OL is a sieve. It was still a winnable game but this team walked in with a whole bunch of cute plays to try out and not a whole lot of preparation for a physical game.

Dallas challenged the Seahawks. They played close. Sometimes too close, but they did it. We left gaping holes in a zone that allowed key receivers to be completely open. We focused on stripping the ball instead of tacking, and we lost.

It isn't the NFL conspiring against us. We could have overcome some bad calls, but we couldn't overcome a bad offense too.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Eh some bad calls were made yes . But all in all we got whooped pretty bad . Is what it is . Hopefully we can fix what we can and move on.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":2yzlds1v said:
The NFL is determined to make sure Hawks don't repeat. Our playing like crap nonwithstanding, the noncalls and calls our opponents are getting will continue to happen the rest of the season. We are getting too cute on offense and our injuries are starting to take their toll. With the margin of error so thin in NFL, this is the difference between winning and losing against a good team.

Pete and the rest of the team need to wake up and realize they won't be getting any breaks this season and must make their own instead.

PS. The Hawk fans leaving early should be ashamed of themselves. The whole crowd this year has been too meek and fat and happy in the glow of last year. We need to be holding down our home field advantage better and take nothing for granted. And to Hawk fans attending their first game, stop chanting "Seahawks" while we are on offense, especially when we are on a critical 4th down late in the game.

Think you need a tissue for your tears, the Hawks played a horrible game. I only saw really one bad call against Sherman that was it. Just admit we got beat by a very improved Dallas team.

OP
OP
E

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Twisted,

This isn't typical lambaste these refs rants, it's that my eyes see a pattern in how the NFL is officiating our games this season. The refs have clearly have been instructed to ignore anything unless it's completely obvious. I don't blame these officials in particular, just bemoan the process in general.

This is the perfect time to rebound and get on a roll. Our opponents the next few weeks are significantly better than the gauntlet the Hawks have had so far playing THE TOUGHEST schedule in the NFL so far. Dallas punching us in the mouth can be a good thing in the long run.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
We couldnt tackle for shit today if our linebackers got juked one more time behind the line of scrimage i was gonna run out on the field and make the (edited for language) tackle :141847_bnono: but we won a superbowl last year my life is complete now so go hawks!!!!

lsheldon

Reaction score
I agree with the refs ignoring a lot of penalties against our guys. Who was the dude punching Lynch in the head after the tackle while he was on the ground? Refs are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Okay then how stupid is the OC?

We have an NFL that pretty much broadcast that it was going to do everything it could to give the benefit of the doubt to the offense. Physical play by the defense was going to be curtailed and more penalties would be called on defenders making contact.

Sure enough, all over the league you see WRs baiting DBs into the contact and getting yards/penalties. We respond by peeling off our physical play on defense.

But even more interesting, in a time when everyone else is getting penalties by running the WRs out there, chucking the ball in the direction of the WR and watching the DB bump into the WR and the flag fall out.... we decide we are going to run all our pass plays behind the LOS or for less than 10 yards.

Assuring we have no means of taking advantage of this rule change but making it harder to run as well (because our passing game has vanished)

So I ask again how stupid does that make our OC then?

OP
OP
E

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hak32uu said:
Blame the refs?

Lol, dude we just got curbstomped.

I'm not blaming the refs today for today's loss. I'm saying that to the eye test, officials are consistently treating us differently in every game this year and this will continue throughout the season and so we should settle in and get used to it. As should the team. We need to be more aggressive and less conservative. I'm waiting for a typical blowout we usually get where we storm to a lead and coast with good defense. We haven't had any of those this year and I really blame that on playing too conservative.

OP
OP
E

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":k3kxms3a said:
Okay then how stupid is the OC?

We have an NFL that pretty much broadcast that it was going to do everything it could to give the benefit of the doubt to the offense. Physical play by the defense was going to be curtailed and more penalties would be called on defenders making contact.

Sure enough, all over the league you see WRs baiting DBs into the contact and getting yards/penalties. We respond by peeling off our physical play on defense.

But even more interesting, in a time when everyone else is getting penalties by running the WRs out there, chucking the ball in the direction of the WR and watching the DB bump into the WR and the flag fall out.... we decide we are going to run all our pass plays behind the LOS or for less than 10 yards.

Assuring we have no means of taking advantage of this rule change but making it harder to run as well (because our passing game has vanished)

So I ask again how stupid does that make our OC then?

Thank you for saying this better than I could have! Totally agree.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The officiating didn't do us any favors...

But this was just a dumpster fire all the way around. This team is really out of sync on offense. Receivers not getting open? Play calling? Russell in a funk?

The defense is struggling with getting off the field, now with Max out, Simon still out, Lane out, we have our 5th, 6th corners on the field.

Give Dallas credit, they came in a played hard, were able to run, completed some miraculous passes, stuffed our offense. Good for them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":28uka4ur said:
. I'm waiting for a typical blowout we usually get where we storm to a lead and coast with good defense. We haven't had any of those this year and I really blame that on playing too conservative.

It's not the refs fault that our offense is playing terrible, and our D is thin and being exposed for not even having close to the same depth as last years.

Dallas ran all over us, and Romo had so much time to throw it was ridiculous. This isn't the refs, it's called playing poorly and getting beat by a better team. It happened in the SD game, and it happened again today.

Giedi

Reaction score
There will be no easy games any year for a super bowl champion. It's just the way it is. Also on the injury side, superbowl champions tend to get more injuries than the average.