Seahawks that actually had a good game

smerfy01

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of negativity going around, and deservedly so, but I wanted to point out a few players that had a really solid/great showing in this game.

1. This guy gets my game ball. Richard Sherman. Maxwell goes down and he proceeds to change up his game and shadow Dez Bryant all over the field. He gave up what, 37 yards? Outside of 2 penalties, one of which was a very bad call, he had one HELL of a game. I almost forgot about that fantastic tackle he had on Demarco Murray. Man that was good to see.

2. Bruce Irvin. He seemed to be the only player able to get pressure on Romo. Yeah, he wasn't able to get the sack on 3rd and 20, but he got a sack earlier and was really our only player on the line that I think won the line battle.

There was a lot of suck on the field today, but there were some great plays by a few players. Who gets your game ball this week?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Sherman was great today. All the Sherman is overrated stuff is pure garbage

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Schilling actually had a good game replacing Unger. No penalties, didn't give up a sack, held his own in run blocking.

OP
OP
S

smerfy01

Reaction score
davidonmi":1vl3qr1g said:
Sherman was great today. All the Sherman is overrated stuff is pure garbage

seriously. who would've thought that we'd ever see him shadow a #1 receiver the whole game, all over the field?

the talk is going to be on our offensive woes, bad play calling and inability to get off the field on 3rd down, but damn if sherman didn't just shut everyone up about his ability to shadow a top 10 receiver all day.

OP
OP
S

smerfy01

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2nx8vky3 said:
Schilling actually had a good game replacing Unger. No penalties, didn't give up a sack, held his own in run blocking.

Schilling had a false start penalty. Other than that, yeah he had a pretty good game. Surprisingly good.

hawk45

Reaction score
Cosigned for Sherman, would have been an even worse bloodbath if he doesn't play Dez very well.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
If Sherman is over rated sign me up for three over rated corners just like him. The guy is amazing.

davidonmi

Reaction score
SuperFreak":2z9yrrdc said:
Special teams got two turn overs and a touchdown.
One was a straight muff. The blocked punt was good though

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Flopping on unforced fumbles was absolutely dominant; every other aspect of the game (outside of a few players mentioned), not so much.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I also felt Sherm kicked ass today, He may not be Deion, but Deion sure as hell never tackled like Sherm, either.

Irvin? For a 3rd year man that was chosen 17h overall, it would really take some lowering of the bar to give him a game ball, imo. I like Irvin, but certainly hoped for more than what we're getting.

legend38

Reaction score
Irvin has been good the last two games, not sure what's going on with him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sherm, Kearse, Ryan, Irvin, Baldwin for the most part .. Lynch when he actually got the damn ball.

That's about it.

Seafan

Reaction score
If Max had kept his hands on the end zone pass he would have had a TD and it would have been 17-3. Huge swing. Could have been the difference maker. He was in great position. His ankle sprain looked like the Deltoid ligament IIRC correctly. I haven't rechecked the video. You don't see that ankle injury often. Just a freak injury. He could be out a while.

papashango

Reaction score
Not even trying to be funny but I honestly didn't see anything good about this game. Sherman was decent today and you can live with performances like this from him but it was rather blah for me. I may need to go back and watch tape because I honestly didn't think none of our defensive linemen generated any pressure. There was a coverage sack but aside from that? Not much.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
legend38":3mk8y9p1 said:
Irvin has been good the last two games, not sure what's going on with him.

Irvin's been decent to good all season long save for that one penalty vs SD where 90% of his "he a bust" campaign stems from.

Nope, even then if he doesn't shove Rivers, I doubt any one applauds the fact he's the one who drove him out of bounds, and you'll still have plenty of people saying "he sucks or is such a bust"