Weaknesses the Seahawks will have to acknowledge & overcome

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
1 - Bevell. Nothing like playing with your hands behind your back.

2 - The offensive line. Pass protection won't exceed 3 seconds. Russell needs to stay out of the pocket as it collapses. We need to all in on the read option or we need to roll our QB out. But keeping him in just asks for an injured QB.

3 - Inconsistent hands. The WRs drop balls. You have to assume that 10% of the throws on target will be dropped.

4 - Health. We are losing key pieces - we don't have the depth we had last year.

5 - You cannot pin the games on the secondary anymore if you choose not to play a physical game. Last year we held the games close, let our offense break out, and trusted the defense to keep us in the game. Now we sag off and are getting caught by our schemes. Considering the reality, it means we have to score more TDs and stop assuming we can hold people because we cannot.

We supposedly have a great offense, we just have a brain dead moron for an OC - but we have to acknowledge the fact that we HAVE to score on drives. Playing for field position is just asking to put the game in the hands of referees to make subjective assessments in the heat of the moment. The impact of those calls are magnified because they extend drives that matter more because we don't bother to score in the other drives.

Yes I know the other team is trying to stop us, but there is clearly a lack of sense of urgency in the earlier drives that fall in the category (Squandered Opportunity)

This is still a good team but it is a team that plays like the above issues (1-5) don't exist. We are going to lose several more games until we admit #1-5 is true and figure out how to deal with it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'd agree with 1 and 2, after that I stopped reading because until they fix those things, there will be more ugly games against teams they should beat.