The announcers

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
What a bunch of idiots. Two particular comments. The first one our tight end dropped a pass when the defender had his hand in his face mask. The announcer said "he had his hands in the face mask but that should not be a penalty". WHAT AN IDIOT. The second idiot comment when Mebane was held on a run play and they called the penalty. The announcer said I dont know why they called that one he would not have been able to catch him. He was 2 feet away when being held. WHAT AN IDIOT. It was painful to listen to. Sorry I just wanted to vent. Bad announcing is harder to take when you lose:(

P.S. I am in no way saying officiating determined any outcome of this game. We got beat in all phases (except maybe special teams). Dallas was the better team and proved it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2cfk56pj said:
The second idiot comment when Mebane was held on a run play and they called the penalty. The announcer said I dont know why they called that one he would not have been able to catch him. He was 2 feet away when being held. WHAT AN IDIOT. It was painful to listen to.
That was Aikman. I said the same thing you did. Stupid comment. Think he wasn't rooting for his old team?

CaptBennett

Reaction score
If your going to have an ex-cowboy be an announcer, then I want to see Brock in the booth as well. I couldn't stand Aikmen and his comments.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1z56z0c2 said:
The one announcer was atrocious. Aikman wasn't too bad.

Normally I don't mind Aikman, but yesterday he was a full on Cowboy apologist. I counted at least 4-5 times he tried to explain away a Cowboy penalty like it shouldn't have been called.

The hold on Mebane was the best, he said "Mebane wouldn't have been able to make the tackle, so that really shouldn't have been a hold."

WHAT?! Since when does the player have to be able to make a tackle for it to be holding?.......and if he's being held, that's PROBABLY why he wasn't able to make the tackle dumb ass.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2052m8m0 said:
The one announcer was atrocious. Aikman wasn't too bad.

I think you got it the other way around. Aikman was horrible. The other announcer was defying Aikman the best way he could. At least Buck wasn't there.

there was one point where it should've been a clear penalty. Forget exactly when, but Aikman said "yeah it should've been a penalty against the Cowboys, but not really". Or something to that effect. :34853_doh:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I give Aikman credit, because he does seem to TRY to be neutral, but it's human nature and he obviously roots for Dallas, and IMO, the fact that FOX has him announce for so many Cowboys games is ridiculous.