This team isn't going to make the playoffs.

villain71

Reaction score
Just saying. Seattle has lost its identity. Run game? ABANDONED. Poor beast mode. I sure wish he would run more but NOPE. This must be the new Seattle style of play. Overall Seattle looks softer. Not hungry at all. I guess thats what happens after you win the SB.

I know many will go 'its too early, we will bounce back...etc". LOL YEAH RIGHT. Unless the playcalling is changed this team is screwed.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yawn...

Seahawks were much worse in 2012.

And about the same in 2013... except they had a much easier schedule and were luckier with turnovers.

3-2 with wins over 2 teams with 4+ wins and 2 losses to teams that have 5 wins each.

Get over yourself.

cesame

Reaction score
IT's taken two MVP performances by Rivers and Romo and playing like the Jaguars to beat the Seahawks, and they still had a chance to win in the final minutes.

3-2 is not a bad record considering what it has taken to beat them. This team will always have a good chance to win any game they play.

Polaris

Reaction score
The problem is it's easy to overreact probably because the national media is overreacting, and the cowboy fans are going to be insufferable for at least a week if not more. There are some that are already ordering superbowl tickets for the Cowboys for example and that (at least for me) makes this loss even harder to take than usual.

I actually agree with Doug Baldwin. There are things wrong, and some people don't (seem) to have their heads on right, and it's showing. Right now Seattle isn't as good as their abilities or talent should merit...and certainly aren't playing that way. That said, I still don't see anyone in our division that's better [and surprisingly the closest are probably the Cardinals.]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's a long season..Things happen to all teams and can change week to week..We have issues but I think this team will rise above everything when all is said and done..I like ADB going off..It's the NFL .."There are no easy wins",as Brady said.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
villain71":109sg522 said:
Just saying. Seattle has lost its identity. Run game? ABANDONED. Poor beast mode. I sure wish he would run more but NOPE. This must be the new Seattle style of play. Overall Seattle looks softer. Not hungry at all. I guess thats what happens after you win the SB.

I know many will go 'its too early, we will bounce back...etc". LOL YEAH RIGHT. Unless the playcalling is changed this team is screwed.

I totally agree, Not sure what's up with this team right now? It's not too late, but it can get too late quick if we don't fix it.... :roll:

Atradees

Reaction score
Keep playing with fire and you will get burned. This Oline is terrible. Will never be good and should be rebuilt. Take Cable with ya. Thank you.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
We played one of the worst games I've seen in a long time, against a team that is now 5-1 on the season. We absolutely sucked on offense and defense, and still led late in the game, still had a chance to win it late. This game went down to the wire even though we played like absolute garbage. If that's the definition of a bad team, well, there are a whole lot of worse-than-bad teams in the NFL right now.

If we play better than our absolute worst on even a handful of plays in the games against Dallas and San Diego, this team is unbeaten on the year. This team is far from a bad team. We have a very likely chance to make the playoffs, even at 3-2. Remember, the 2005 team that steamrolled clear to the Super bowl was 3-2 on the season once too. This team is better than that one.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Polaris":k55b7ogs said:
The problem is it's easy to overreact probably because the national media is overreacting, and the cowboy fans are going to be insufferable for at least a week if not more. There are some that are already ordering superbowl tickets for the Cowboys for example and that (at least for me) makes this loss even harder to take than usual.

I actually agree with Doug Baldwin. There are things wrong, and some people don't (seem) to have their heads on right, and it's showing. Right now Seattle isn't as good as their abilities or talent should merit...and certainly aren't playing that way. That said, I still don't see anyone in our division that's better [and surprisingly the closest are probably the Cardinals.]

I wouldn't be quick to count the 49ers out. With a win tonight, the 49ers move ahead of the Seahawks in the standings. At this point no one is a shoo in to win the west or make the playoffs. Each team holds its fate in their hands. What we're seeing is growing pains of a world champion. This is an unfamiliar territory for many of the players....teams are now bringing their "A" games and the Seahawks are still learning how to adjust to that. They better start to learn quickly. Next few games are winnable but they have to play much better than they have the past couple weeks.

Polaris

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3j8c0onq said:
Polaris":3j8c0onq said:

I wouldn't be quick to count the 49ers out. With a win tonight, the 49ers move ahead of the Seahawks in the standings. At this point no one is a shoo in to win the west or make the playoffs. Each team holds its fate in their hands. What we're seeing is growing pains of a world champion. This is an unfamiliar territory for many of the players....teams are now bringing their "A" games and the Seahawks are still learning how to adjust to that. They better start to learn quickly. Next few games are winnable but they have to play much better than they have the past couple weeks.

Who said I was counting the 49ners out? However, I've seen all the Niner games to date, and I believe right now the Cardinals are playing better. Will that continue for the rest of the season? I doubt it, but that's what my eyes are telling me right now. You're right that the Niners would move ahead if they win tonight (which I think they will) but that's solely by virtue of playing one more game.

You're right that the West is up for grabs, but as disappointed as I am in the 'hawks right now (and I am), I still think they are best in the division (but not by a margin I am happy with).

theascension

Reaction score
If you look at the schedule and our standings it's tough not to question whether we make the playoffs.
We're now chasing the Cardinals and absolutely need to go 9-2 the rest of the season (at worst).

The tough stretch at the end of the season really worry's me now considering we could easily go 2-3.

v.s Cardinals (at home but they beat us here last year with less) - could be win or loss
@ 49ers (always play us tough and will have all their weapons - we haven't been able to win there ) - L
@ Eagles - Judging by the 49ers game I think we'll match up well - W
v.s 49ers - hopefully W
@ Cardinals - Good chance we could lose this one.

Going anything less than 12 and 4 would be very dangerous in this division for playoff hopes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
theascension":pndged3x said:
If you look at the schedule and our standings it's tough not to question whether we make the playoffs.
We're now chasing the Cardinals and absolutely need to go 9-2 the rest of the season (at worst).

The tough stretch at the end of the season really worry's me now considering we could easily go 2-3.

v.s Cardinals (at home but they beat us here last year with less) - could be win or loss
@ 49ers (always play us tough and will have all their weapons - we haven't been able to win there ) - L
v.s 49ers - hopefully W

Going anything less than 12 and 4 would be very dangerous in this division for playoff hopes.
I am not buying the Cardinals sweeping us.

Cardinals that team is smoke and mirrors right now W
@49ers coin toss game
@Eagles we are a bad matchup for them W
@Cardinals because EVERYTHING is on the line for THEM not us when this game is played luckily it will be a primetime game so advantage to us W

12 wins are completely in reach if not more and of course it would be dicey to win less and expect to win the division.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I still think we can make the playoffs.

The NFC overall is pretty weak this year, so if we can finish 10-6 or 11-5 we can get in. But yeah, I sure as heck don't think we're seeing a repeat of last year with getting HFA.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Bevell has a history of defining the offense later in the season. The '12 Hawks were 4-4 after 8 and 3-2 after 5 games and that team finished very strong.

It's not looking good, but we DID beat Denver.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm with ADB on this one. We need to quit f'n BSing ourselves. Things like it's a long season are just ways to overlook real problems. There are real problems and the team needs to fix them. If they do, yeah we're in the hunt, but definitely not going to lock down HFA without help (other teams falling in addition to us running the table with maybe 1-2 losses MAX). if the team that showed up yesterday shows up the rest of the season. We're looking at a 10-6 season with a whole bunch of games that were almost winnable but at the end of the day you're probably missing the playoffs.No one really remembers how close you were to winning or how you barely won except for sore losers. Did you win or did you lose the game, that's all that matters.

I think what is interesting is that had someone said we'd be 3-2 at this point of the season in preseason, it would have been acceptable.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
It's a fact, we aren't as good this year as we were last year. We also weren't as good last year as we were last year.

Did anyone seriously expect us to maintain a Super Bowl level of performance all season? Last year we had some ugly wins and some ugly losses. The season turned out OK if I remember correctly.

And no, I am not overlooking issues. I just have confidence that the issues will be addressed enough to win the majority of our games. (Note: I didn't say "fixed".)

I forgot who said this last year, but this same basic topic was being discussed, and someone made the point that Super Bowl winning teams have issues all the time. "Winning with issues, it's a wonderful thing."

Kixkahn

Reaction score
We still have 11 games and some of you already think we are screwed up so bad to not make the playoffs?! Way way too soon. Changes need to be made, injured guys need to be back in play as well. Yesterday needs to be looked at very closely to fix some of the bigger mistakes. Lets not give up so soon.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3o5ud1ob said:
theascension":3o5ud1ob said:

v.s 49ers - hopefully W

I am not buying the Cardinals sweeping us.

Cardinals that team is smoke and mirrors right now W
@49ers coin toss game
@Eagles we are a bad matchup for them W
@Cardinals because EVERYTHING is on the line for THEM not us when this game is played luckily it will be a primetime game so advantage to us W

12 wins are completely in reach if not more and of course it would be dicey to win less and expect to win the division.

What do the Cardinals even do well as a team? They're 4-1, but they're also 30th in rushing, 21st in passing, and 32nd in pass defense. They've played well against the run so far, and are 3rd in the league in run defense, but teams so far also have ran the ball less on Arizona, taking advantage of their weak secondary.

Great teams in the NFL do at least one thing REALLY well, and Arizona seems to do nothing exceptional. The only thing they do well is protect the football and they force turnovers.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
Polaris":1mwscje2 said:

If we play like that versus the Cardinals or 49ers, we will get rolled.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3evcth5w said:
Great teams in the NFL do at least one thing REALLY well, and Arizona seems to do nothing exceptional. The only thing they do well is protect the football and they force turnovers.

They play awesome defense, protect the ball and don't make mistakes. Sound familiar?