ABD Yelling at Wilson on the sideline.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/AB7FB9 ... D27wXgkHWD

baldwinchewsoutruss.gif

Now that I got your attention. The team is mad, Pistol Pete will make the adjustments.

Everyone is mad. That said, it's the Monday after, the loss will sting a little less tommorrow, I promise.

Fire Bevell and we are onto St. Louis!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'd be pissed too. ADB is known for being "clutch" and Kearse keeps getting passes and dropping them (I know there was good defense, but he couldn't even hold onto like one) in crucial moments.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You do realize that Baldwin has more drops than Kearse this year including a TD yesterday?

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
I know this. I feel really sorry for whoever has to play Seattle next. It's going to be very unfortunate for whoever is drawing that.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1zueioj6 said:
You do realize that Baldwin has more drops than Kearse this year including a TD yesterday?

You do realize that Baldwin is our best route-running receiver? He is also our most consistent receiver right now, like it or not. I think he was yelling to Wilson to "throw the ball downfield!"

Rob12

Reaction score
austinslater25":24960c9q said:

That's true man, but I have to believe that it's hard to get in a rhythm when you're targeted a little over four times per game (five targets over the past two games, I believe). Doug is mad because he knows he is better than this and so is Russ. I don't think it's numbers that he's after, he just wants things to open up and I can't blame him. He's had some bad drops but I think he still has valid points.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I totally agree and to be fair to Baldwin he didn't say anything that pointed the finger at anyone and said it's a team issue.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1b0lm7eq said:
austinslater25":1b0lm7eq said:

You do realize that Baldwin is our best route-running receiver? He is also our most consistent receiver right now, like it or not. I think he was yelling to Wilson to "throw the ball downfield!"

Hey Doug, it's a little difficult to throw the ball downfield (and accurately) when I have exactly two seconds between when the ball is snapped and when I have a defensive lineman in the backfield trying to sodomize me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

-Russ

Ozzy

Reaction score
And when Wilson does throw the ball down the field you have to catch it. Baldwin is a professional and can't drop a would be TD. Just can't do it. I realize none of them are put in a position to do well like Rob said but still when you get a chance, catch the football. Baldwin is a great football player as is Russ. They will figure this out.

Slick

Reaction score
The best thing about this amazing .gif is the dude with the blatant "Camaro Hair" on the left.

NJSeaHawk":qh3rv0ib said:
austinslater25":qh3rv0ib said:

Rob12

Reaction score
SonicHawk":f4v43ubw said:
RW hasn't been a good QB all year.

Explain. He had a terrible game yesterday, but you need to quantify that statement some how.

I do agree that he seems way more skittish and unwilling to take shots down the field, which is depressing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can't go that far. He was leading the NFL in passer rating before this game and I believe he is still top 5 and that's with the refs hurting his stats a ton in the Washington game. Has he played as well as he can? Obviously not, but he hasn't been bad at all until yesterday. I'm still not sure that a lot of it wasn't his fault. Multiple drops, line issues and not being put in a position to do well with terrible play calling are as much to blame as Wilson.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1ysb36gk said:
SonicHawk":1ysb36gk said:
RW hasn't been a good QB all year.

Explain. He had a terrible game yesterday, but you need to quantify that statement some how.

I do agree that he seems way more skittish and unwilling to take shots down the field, which is depressing.

I do put a bit of the blame on the WRs. I don't think Russ has any confidence in them.

RW has no pocket presence. He's indecisive on when to run and he gets out of the pocket as quickly as possible and our WRs just aren't good enough to improvise every single play. He's also missed a lot of wide open receivers.

Think of the last drive against San Diego, or now against Dallas. Did you have any confidence that we would at least get a first down? No, because there was no run threat, there was no 'triple-option' to get RW on his horse. He has no confidence throwing into coverage and when he does, it gets intercepted (that last INT hurt bad. Real bad).

Marshawn Lynch was a non-factor and RW has led us to exactly 0 wins when Lynch doesn't accumulate 100 yards from LoS. And it's bothersome because Lynch had a 6 yard per carry average in each loss, but had a total of 17 carries.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":33xyo56k said:
I can't go that far. He was leading the NFL in passer rating before this game and I believe he is still top 5 and that's with the refs hurting his stats a ton in the Washington game. Has he played as well as he can? Obviously not, but he hasn't been bad at all until yesterday. I'm still not sure that a lot of it wasn't his fault. Multiple drops, line issues and not being put in a position to do well with terrible play calling are as much to blame as Wilson.

Because he doesn't throw INTs, because he doesn't throw into any type of coverage.

Passer Rating is easy to game when you throw 4 yard passes.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's more than that. You can't lead the league in passer rating being bad, its just not possible. In washington he did throw the ball down the field, we saw a 50 yard bomb to Harvin that was called back. He had the wheel route yesterday to start the game. I just think its more Bevell than Wilson in regards to the short passing game. Brock just said after watching the 22 tape that the receivers just were NOT winning the battle on the outside and were consistently losing the one on one matchups. If that is the case then there is nothing Wilson can do. He needs help.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":kxw0uas8 said:
It's more than that. You can't lead the league in passer rating being bad, its just not possible. In washington he did throw the ball down the field, we saw a 50 yard bomb to Harvin that was called back. He had the wheel route yesterday to start the game. I just think its more Bevell than Wilson in regards to the short passing game. Brock just said after watching the 22 tape that the receivers just were NOT winning the battle on the outside and were consistently losing the one on one matchups. If that is the case then there is nothing Wilson can do. He needs help.

I absolutely agree that his WRs aren't helping and I think a large part of the problem is that he has no confidence in the WRs. It's not that I think RW is bad, it's I think he has no idea wtf he is doing with this team. This is when you need your OC and HC to step up and tell you. Get you through the tough times. Will be interesting to see how the team, RW and the staff reacts against the Rams.

Rob12

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2jit43k6 said:
austinslater25":2jit43k6 said:

Because he doesn't throw INTs, because he doesn't throw into any type of coverage.

Passer Rating is easy to game when you throw 4 yard passes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but RW's YPA was in the top 3-5 in the NFL last year. It's dipped because Bevell insists on the bubble screens to Harvin that teams now have the blueprint on.

We have to start taking shots downfield, though. Not doing so is killing us. And a bit more protection would be nice.