One thing to keep in mind...

pehawk

Reaction score
Dallas is the only team the Seahawks face this year where their defensive line will be at a disadvantage. There wont be another game where the opponents offense can dictate via "force", along the trenches. Yesterday's game went pretty much as expected, but even then the Seahawks had a chance to win the game, late.

Aside from that, Bevell's "cuteness" and the defenses depth made the Hawks pay a bit. I expect both issues to be corrected via time.

Hopefully we'll see Dallas again in January.

XOXO

Leon Lett

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think people need to come back in off the ledge. A lot of the problems yesterday are correctable and they will figure it out. Here's to hoping Bevell lands a well deserved head coaching job next year.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":3oapnvrs said:
I think people need to come back in off the ledge. A lot of the problems yesterday are correctable and they will figure it out. Here's to hoping Bevell lands a well deserved head coaching job next year.

I follow and interact with a good Raiders blogger on twitter. He's all lathered up over the possibility of hiring Bevell at HC. He was confused when I replied "SB or not, there's a lot of folks in Seattle who want him to go".

Largent80

Reaction score
You might want to inform him that our defense was the main reason we got there and won last year.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":28qosruq said:

- I'm not hoping for that because that means we'd be playing them on the road, and obviously nothing about yesterday's game gives me faith that the Hawks can beat them on the road. Defense and Offense needs to step back up. Defense one step up, offense about 3.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2w7qx4hd said:
pehawk":2w7qx4hd said:

- I'm not hoping for that because that means we'd be playing them on the road, and obviously nothing about yesterday's game gives me faith that the Hawks can beat them on the road. Defense and Offense needs to step back up. Defense one step up, offense about 3.

I'm on the fence with this one myself. As a Dallas fan I have two feelings on this. 1: I'd love to face them again cause that means Dallas has likely gone deep into the playoffs and that would be thrilling.

2: Facing that good of a team a second time and giving them the chance to fix their mistakes from the first time around is scary as hell.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ZagHawk":qey17ud3 said:
pehawk":qey17ud3 said:

Dallas doesn't have a home field advantage.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1y0uq1ht said:
ZagHawk":1y0uq1ht said:
pehawk":1y0uq1ht said:

Dallas doesn't have a home field advantage.

lol...this is so sadly true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":uqr9uw9s said:

They're correctable if we can get healthy, which is a big if.

Sorry, but they're not correctable if we have to continue to run guys like Burley, Coyle, Schoefield, Helfet, Schilling, Marsh, Walters, etc out there on a weekly basis. You can correct all you want in film study, but if the other team's players > our players, it doesn't matter how sound your schemes are.

This is how we won last year. Our players are faster, stronger and tougher than your players. Yesterday? We got a taste of our own medicine.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":14ddn7bx said:

I'm going to freak out if I want to. I'm not calling for heads to roll or saying 'we suck'. But man, we have a lot of issues to resolve.

Chapow

Reaction score
ZagHawk":27ruoq9y said:
pehawk":27ruoq9y said:

- I'm not hoping for that because that means we'd be playing them on the road....

No it doesn't.

As of right now, we have 2 losses and they have 1. They are also in the same division as 5-1 Philly so they might not even win their division. We are 1 game back in our division with 11 left to play.

The playoffs are a long way off and the playoff seedings aren't even remotely close to being set.

It feels very unlikely after yesterday, but the #1 seed is still just as possible for us as it is for anyone else IMO.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't have a regular season home field advantage; it's a big stadium to fill and tickets are expensive. Post-season may be a different animal though. Much higher demand with fixed supply means a higher percentage of Cowboys fans willing to pay the price and more hardcore fans at the game.

Ozzy

Reaction score
SonicHawk":346nxhou said:
austinslater25":346nxhou said:

I'm going to freak out if I want to. I'm not calling for heads to roll or saying 'we suck'. But man, we have a lot of issues to resolve.

I get it. I'm as pissed as anyone. The staff has their work cut out for them.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1s07zv4z said:
SonicHawk":1s07zv4z said:
austinslater25":1s07zv4z said:

I get it. I'm as pissed as anyone. The staff has their work cut out for them.

Amen.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want to play the Cowboys in January. The only reason the Hawks we're in the game was because it WAS the Cowboys, being the Cowboys, making Cowboys mistakes to keep the Hawks close. That's who they are, pretty much.

So, I say, yes please.

stang233

Reaction score
The problem is.... It will be in Dallas! You think we had no pass rush yesterday.