Why Walters instaed of Harvin?

Seaswab

Reaction score
Next to last drive of the game, first three plays we are throwing out Bryan Walters instead of our highest paid offensive player, Percy Harvin. Please explain the logic.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
There is no logic to explain that. The fake jet sweep to Walters, followed by Russell rolling to the right and throwing to Walters behind the line of scrimmage was the worst play call I can remember. So many kinds of dumb. Walters is a serviceable FIFTH wide receiver, and I bet he was on the field on third down at least as much, if not more than Harvin was yesterday. What the hell is going on when you go five wide, with Lynch splitting out to the side, and no Harvin on the field. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand the strategy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":27fel8ic said:
Walters shouldn't be on an NFL roster.

Agreed. Why they don't put Baldwin back at PR.. blows my mind.

And this is at the expense of Richardson/Norwood being active no less.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
More concerned about that failed pitch to Walters after he swept around. What the hell?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Walters should only be out there to fair catch punts. That's it.

Rob12

Reaction score
Seaswab":35s6f7cm said:
Next to last drive of the game, first three plays we are throwing out Bryan Walters instead of our highest paid offensive player, Percy Harvin. Please explain the logic.

Darrell Bevell has proven, to me at least, that logic is something that he doesn't currently possess.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":24qddzga said:
Seaswab":24qddzga said:

Darrell Bevell has proven, to me at least, that logic is something that he doesn't currently possess.

Bevell has been good about figuring things out later in the season. Unfortunately, the NFC is just too good to figure it out too late.

Rob12

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2p2qhn4i said:
Walters should only be out there to fair catch punts. That's it.

No use in wasting a 53 man spot on him if that's all he contributes.

Honestly, I think his time is limited. He's a Kirkland kid and all that and that's cool, but he shouldn't be on our roster.

Ozzy

Reaction score
SonicHawk":z8o75pyl said:
Rob12":z8o75pyl said:
Seaswab":z8o75pyl said:

Bevell has been good about figuring things out later in the season. Unfortunately, the NFC is just too good to figure it out too late.

The frustrating thing with Bevell is that he looks like a genius at times. He has called some great games too. He just seems have games like this as well. Maybe he is a great #2 who can contribute to a game plan with his creativity. Who knows.