Pete's Coaches Show on 710 sports w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
If you are able to, you can listen live to the radio stream at the following link:
[urltargetblank]http://player.liquidcompass.net/KIROAM[/urltargetblank]

Here's the On Demand Link:

[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9978114&p=1027&n=Pete%20Carroll%20Show[/urltargetblank]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think the things he has to say are only going to frustrate me today. He is going to protect his coaches and his players and it will just be a bunch of crap and he'll just say they didn't play good enough and Dallas played great.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
My synopsis

Opened with how physical a game Dallas played. Basically said they out physicalled us.

On watching the tape: Said we didn't tackle their RB as well as we should have. Said he didn't get a lot of yards until the last part of the game.

Said we weren't sharp in a lot of areas. Said "Bev" told him he needs to do better and Pete said he needs to do better as well.

Said we tackled better last week.

On that 3rd and 20 that we had Romo and should have sacked him, but Tony did what he does and spun out and made the huge play.

Asked why not run it more....Demarco had 29 and Lynch had 10.....said we always want to run more, but when you don't convert on 3rd down you don't get the chances to run that you want to have. Also added that we didn't play well on third down on defense either.

Said looking back there were times that Dallas was man to man and such where we would have liked to have taken advantage and didn't.

Said that Dallas played the perimeter game really well, like we did against Denver.

Why Walters over Harvin.....didn't answer that specifically, but said that different situations call for different personell and many times that is caused by what happened on the previous play.

Said there was a few times that Russell didn't get the right protections a few times where he could have helped out by calling the proper protections.

On Defensive depth: Said Maxwell was playing really well before he went down. Said it's a calf strain and NOT a high ankle sprain like being reported.

Said Simon and Lane are a week or so away.

Added that they have to have the whole roster prepared and that guys need to just step up.

Added that the calf strain is less serious than a high ankle sprain, so that's good news.

Said Sherman played aggressive and that it made sense in yesterday's game that the situation called for him to move around instead of just covering his side of the field.

Said we should be knocking teams off of their game somewhere and we just couldn't do that yesterday.

How is Kam physically? Said he's ok. he played the whole game. Said he's not at his best but he did well under the circumstance.

Thinks we are worthy of "turning it" (I took this phrase as turning it around and improving our play).

Thinks the energy level was there, and we were ready to go, but we just didn't play sharp enough. Said that it's across the board and that every position group had areas that he believes they could have or even should have played sharper.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
The most important thing I took from that was the fact that Maxwell's injury isn't as bad as originally reported. We all know that a high ankle sprain can be a lengthy rehab time. Hopefully the fact it's only a calf strain will shorten that time and we'll get him back sooner than we originally expected.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3njuaq7p said:
The most important thing I took from that was the fact that Maxwell's injury isn't as bad as originally reported. We all know that a high ankle sprain can be a lengthy rehab time. Hopefully the fact it's only a calf strain will shorten that time and we'll get him back sooner than we originally expected.

Cheers for the synopsis. :thirishdrinkers:

Injuries are killing us, crappy bye week not helping. Oh well, no one in the league cares. We gotta keep it moving.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Also, I like what Brock is saying.

easy to blame, but how is the team going to help each other?

Next man up!

seahawks187

Reaction score
it's amazing how high people can get after wins and how low people get if we lose.. just calm down and trust the damn process and let the season take its course.. next week cannot get here soon enough

SonicHawk

Reaction score
seahawks187":1mb71qw3 said:
it's amazing how high people can get after wins and how low people get if we lose.. just calm down and trust the damn process and let the season take its course.. next week cannot get here soon enough

So far that has worked one year out of 38. So, no, not going to just 'trust the damn process'.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawks187":1hnjo66p said:

I honestly don't see a lot of over reaction, other than the typical blame Bevell members.

Most of the criticisms on here are legit concerns, and are being echoed by the players and coaches. What's wrong with talking about all this, even if it's negative?

I'd much rather see fired up angry fans than apathetic fans.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
seahawks187":3ahkp5wb said:

Oh you should've been here when we had Clipboard Jesus and Mora Jr. :179417:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
His answers to the Percy/Walters question irritated me as well as his responses to why Lynch only got 10 carries, I know of many instances where on 1st down we came out in 5 wide, that is not Seahawk football!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've learned to respect Pete and he obviously knows what he's doing. I hated his answers about Harvin and Lynch but I'm guessing behind the scenes he knows what he needs to do and will make the necessary adjustments.

olyfan63

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1j1r603k said:
seahawks187":1j1r603k said:

Oh you should've been here when we had Clipboard Jesus and Mora Jr. :179417:

Don't look now, but..
Clipboard Jesus (Charlie Whitehurst) quarterbacked the Tennessee Titans to a WIN yesterday.
CBJ's 2nd career win, I believe.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1b8xsiit said:
I've learned to respect Pete and he obviously knows what he's doing. I hated his answers about Harvin and Lynch but I'm guessing behind the scenes he knows what he needs to do and will make the necessary adjustments.

That's a good point. Carroll is never going to put his coordinators or players on trial through the media. He tends to give rambling, half-answers with a lot of coachspeak in them in order to avoid giving anything away. I'd bet all of my monies that what he's saying in his press conferences and radio appearances is not the same exact thing he's saying within the VMAC confines.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Blitzer88":z4iarzfk said:
His answers to the Percy/Walters question irritated me as well as his responses to why Lynch only got 10 carries, I know of many instances where on 1st down we came out in 5 wide, that is not Seahawk football!

Couldn't have been "many" instances, we only had like 11 possessions the entire game........and half those were Lynch hand offs. The other half? Dumb penalties and two minute offense possessions.

Latest posts