Tate - Gone, Browner Gone

chris98251

Reaction score
As is everyone else that was cut or not resigned, time to move on and let the would of should of could ofs fall away and focus on the players we have in house. Complaining about something that isn't going to change versus something that can.

The talent we have isn't worse as much as injured, O line, DB's are a mess, add in a change in defensive philosophy and a OC that likes Bubbles and screens to the fastest player on the team but puts him behind the line of scimmage to try to juke 4 and 5 guys without blocking and I would say we have a bigger problem then two guys that have moved on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
How many move on threads do we need? Can we condense them all into one or something.

If you'd like to move on, then I'd suggest taking a week vacation from this forum cause many of us aren't ready to move on just yet.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":ojbckuow said:
As is everyone else that was cut or not resigned, time to move on and let the would of should of could ofs fall away and focus on the players we have in house. Complaining about something that isn't going to chnage versus something that can.

The talent we have isn't worse as much as injured, O line, DB's are a mess, add in a change in defensive philosophy and a OC that likes Bubbles and screens to the fastest player on the team but puts him behind the line of scimmage to try to juke 4 and 5 guys without blocking and I would say we have a bigger problem then two guys that have moved on.
Pretty much. I used to be a Bevell supporter but no more I want him GONE and I mean now. Roland is on to something in my opinion even if it's a gross overestimation and hyperbole in that we are messing Russell Wilson up. The OL is a joke and being injured AGAIN is making it far worse. The secondary? Well that's obvious they don't play press anymore so they are completely wrong for whatever Pete and Quinn are wanting to do plus decimated. And there is NO excuse absolutely none for the lack of a mid-long pass game. Even Minnesota used Harvin downfield with Christian Ponder!!! Christian Ponder let that sink in awhile and start understanding the core of this mess lies with the coaching staff Pete included.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
How many move on threads do we need? Can we condense them all into one or something.

If you'd like to move on, then I'd suggest taking a week vacation from this forum cause many of us aren't ready to move on just yet.

You / We have had a full off season to get past Tate and Browner, as well as the other players not here, the excuses and reasons I see in posts of I wish this and that isn't practical anymore to the current situation.

Oh and if you don't like the thread I suggest you move along and don't read it.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Cant keep a guy on your team if he is suspended year after year

falcongoggles

Reaction score
How quickly teams forget bemoaning Browner's penchant for getting beat on double moves.

Tate though...that's a different story.

seahawksny

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1537lwuw said:
How quickly teams forget bemoaning Browner's penchant for getting beat on double moves.

Tate though...that's a different story.

I disagree about tate
Wilson has no time to throw, therefore tate wouldn't be open either. Tate, harvin, or jerry rice. Doesn't matter. No time to throw means nobody is getting catches

Id say loss of McQuistan and giacommini or miller right now as well as no fullback is hurting us more

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I don't remember him getting beat any more than Maxwell. Id rather have browner in run support than Bmax too. Browner would make a nice sub for the seriously depleted Kamtrack.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This is a theme that gets dredged up all the time. Tate and Browner (For me it would be Clemons) are just this years most glaring departures. I said the same thing for guys like Forsett, Burleson, Washington etc. etc. I loved those guys when they were here but you simply have to acknowledge that this is the business of football and move on. I am 100% certain that this will be repeated next spring when a few of the guys we so highly covet are let go once again. C'est La Vie!

Now does anyone but me think that if we had a healthy Anthony McCoy and Zach Miller on the roster that we would be complaining as much about the Offensive (aptly named) line's pass blocking ability?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2egqbvdn said:
This is a theme that gets dredged up all the time. Tate and Browner (For me it would be Clemons) are just this years most glaring departures. I said the same thing for guys like Forsett, Burleson, Washington etc. etc. I loved those guys when they were here but you simply have to acknowledge that this is the business of football and move on. I am 100% certain that this will be repeated next spring when a few of the guys we so highly covet are let go once again. C'est La Vie!

Now does anyone but me think that if we had a healthy Anthony McCoy and Zach Miller on the roster that we would be complaining as much about the Offensive (aptly named) line's pass blocking ability?

I agree 100%
Neither tate nor browner would have made difference in last game.

A

Anonymous

Normally, a healthy Kam would have absolutely destroyed Whitten on that catch in the red zone, instead of just wrapping him up. The lack of that from Kam was the difference between it being a catch and a incompletion.

Having a healthy Browner may have added a little more physicality to the mix that a dinged-up 31 obviously could not provide.

:thcoffee:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Tate catches in traffic
Other than miller these guys need separation.

Browner has lost more than a step. He would have been a nice to have but Thurmond was the bigger loss. He did not even get a big contract.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I was OK with Tate leaving after we drafted Norwood and Richardson, because I thought these were both rookies that could come in and catch some balls and have a positive impact on the passing game.

But Pete seems to think they're either not ready to play significant snaps, or he's content with Baldwin, Kearse, Percy, Lockette and Walters.

Why he thinks that, I have no idea, cause right now we're hamstrung with a grossly under productive WR corp that is getting manhandled by defenses.

byau

Reaction score
Wasn't Maxwell going to start anyway even if Browner stayed? Definitely miss him just for depth, but we lost quite a few secondary

Tate: yes. And Rice. Those two receive will at the height of the pass (whatever the term is). Baldwin and Kearse don't catch that way. Harvin does, but he hasn't been used that way

Latest posts