Don't Know What to Make of This Team.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm looking at this team and the body of work so far this season and i'm just baffled.

I see the same personnel minus Clemons, Bryant, Thurmond, Tate, Giacamini, true.. But it's not like we have replaced them with complete scrubs.

Avril and Bennett are playing solid, but nothing like last year. Mebane is beasting this year.

The legion of Whom? Who are these guys? I unlike many on here, I think Sherman is just fine, But Thomas is not playing up to his standards, Kam is obviously hurt, He looked scared to hit Whitten on the one pass, Maxwell looks as pedestrian as hell. I don't see the same fire as i did last season with this group, it was like a brotherhood, i just don't see that tightness this year, YET? How many pic's are we going to drop this season, jeeeeesh...

Wags, Wright, Malcom, i think are all playing solid, few missed assignments/tackles here and there, but I have no complaints there

Recievers, yes we lost tate who was a clutch playmaker, but we had that accross the board last season.

Baldwin can't get open and drops the ball when he does, same with Kearse
Harvin I think they're using him wrong, the flysweep and bubble screens have been figured out, move on and get him envolved down the field more often.

Lynch is still a beast, feed him the damn ball more.

I don't care what anyone say's RW is still one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

O line, sheesh, it is what it is. They're a run blocking line, not a pass blocking line, that's obvious... The mental mistakes is what's killing me and our drives...

The coaching staff has seemed to regress, especially on the offensive side. But both sides of the ball has new faces, staff needs to adjust and scheme to their strengths like before.

RedZone Defense is the worst i've seen it in years.... that's really disturbing to me...

Back to my original point: As mentioned in another thread, where is that team that brought the fear and pain last year? Has the personnel change made that big of a difference? other than the line, the back seven are the same players? what am i missing here? Only one change on the O line, and i think Britt and Sweezy are doing just fine. Unger/Okung are the ones that seem to be killing us the most.

I could be completely wrong here, and i'm actually just venting out loud, but this in no way resembles last years team, offensively, defensively, and coaching wise? Just trying to figure it out. I will continue to have faith in this coaching staff, and hopefully some of the vets will step up and get these players in line. I for one am glad ADB went off, good to know the players are not going to settle for mediocracy.. End Rant....

OkieHawk

Reaction score
These are pretty much my views as well. Last year Thomas rarely whiffed on tackles. This year he rarely makes tackles. Kam needs to get fixed as it's affecting his gameplay. Plus, he needs to look after his health, dude doesn't need to get jacked up and be permanently hurt.