• Depression

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So a little less than 24 hours after a loss at home. Where are all of you at right now?

hawker84

Reaction score
I've come to realize and accept we are not the juggernaut I thought we could be, each game will be hard fought. I too am on to STL....

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
Easy one for me... Depression. Not at just the loss but how different this team is. Thought we would still have the drive to prove the doubters wrong and while it may not be on the players, its the coaches who are disappointing me most. Maybe we still find a way and we still have 11 games to go, but right now its hard to stomach losing at home.

JonRud

Reaction score
As much as it sucked to lose yesterday, I no longer feel the complete and utter misery of losses in the past now that we are Super Bowl Champions. I hate losing like everyone, but now that we have won a Championship it just doesn't hurt quite as much to lose a game.

No matter what happens I will never have that relentless, gnawing pain of 'I would do anything for this team to just win one Super Bowl' and that helps deal with a loss like this.

I am onto the Rams right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":3oqgf4pf said:
Easy one for me... Depression. Not at just the loss but how different this team is. Thought we would still have the drive to prove the doubters wrong and while it may not be on the players, its the coaches who are disappointing me most. Maybe we still find a way and we still have 11 games to go, but right now its hard to stomach losing at home.

you were on this board last year right?

Surely you remember the vast numbers of "Fire Bevell" threads, the numerous threads about Wilson, the play calling, O-line, D-line, WR's, Harvin, etc...

Hell, this team isnt that far from last year's team (remember, we needed desperate plays to beat Houston, St. Louis, Tampa and finally the 9ers) and if it wasnt for an absolutely amazing play by Williams and Romo, we would be the same place we were last year.

I think we just need a brief history lesson.

kearly

Reaction score
Even before I voted, I knew the result. Seattle fans have accepted this loss about as quickly as any loss in recent memory.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I've accepted the loss and have my own ideas about where and what should be changed to get us back on top, just like everyone else.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JonRud":w0a0dlb3 said:
As much as it sucked to lose yesterday, I no longer feel the complete and utter misery of losses in the past now that we are Super Bowl Champions. I hate losing like everyone, but now that we have won a Championship it just doesn't hurt quite as much to lose a game.

No matter what happens I will never have that relentless, gnawing pain of 'I would do anything for this team to just win one Super Bowl' and that helps deal with a loss like this.

I am onto the Rams right now.
This for me too.

Hawks46

Reaction score
How about ambivalence ?

After we lost that game, It's almost like I'm over the season. My expectations dropped way down. Sure, we still have the talent, but we either don't have the attitude, or we're in a bad rut where teams have figured us out and we have no counters for anything.

I'm kind of with Jonrud. We won a championship, now it doesn't really matter. I really, REALLY wanted our defense to prove they were historically great, and maybe us start a dynasty, but looking at the NFL, no defense will ever be historically great again. They're just changing up too many things and I'm getting really burned out on the inconsistency of officiating.

minormillikin

Reaction score
It's funny and appropriate that (virtually) no one chose denial.

Clearly, some people are in denial about a variety of different things regarding the Seahawks (me too possibly). But, of course, not knowing you are in denial is what makes it denial - - hence the score of (virtually) zero for denial.

gulliver

Reaction score
I'm still in mourning, but it's not as bad as Sunday night, when I could barely sleep.

My at-a-glance summary of performance so far:

SPECIAL TEAMS
Peachy. Can't ask for more so far.

OFFENSE
Pretty ugly so far, but it could be salvaged with some different coaching decisions, and putting Percy (e.g.) in a position to succeed. Don't know that we'll get the OL fixed this year though, but we can try to get penalties fixed.

DEFENSE
Just don't know what to say here. A small proportion of it could be fixed with coaching, but IMO it's a combination of motivation, execution and injuries/depth. Run D took a hit but still has promise; secondary and occasionally the LBs are a mess though. Tackling and the short game are the dual scandals so far this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not so much pissed at losing but more so at some people who think the seasons over ,the Hawks won't make the playoffs and oh "we got the piss beat out of us"...We were 3rd and 20 from winning..Only a lucky catch by wrong wr
kept that from happening..I hear about we got lucky with the 2 TO's they gave up to us but thats football!A win is a win no matter how you got it ..You get nothing extra for style points.Sure we played like crap but we were good enough to win..As many players we had out and playing hurt that means something..I hate to lose but we had our chances ..We just learn and make adjustments..I think we will be fine going foward..GO HAWKS!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We're 3-2. Not everything is going to plan, but I still have faith we'll be right where we need to be come late December.

In Russ I Trust and nothing will ever change that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Have we forgotten that we just won a Super Bowl?

It's like we're stuck in a two-year time warp and nothing has been proven yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":26w9moat said:
Have we forgotten that we just won a Super Bowl?

It's like we're stuck in a two-year time warp and nothing has been proven yet.

This is what I feel is a Problem, last season was magical for us as fans, BUT it was last season and banking on those achievements for this season is where I think we get wrapped up with the false expectations, this team is different, the league is adjusting, teams are adjusting. It's a whole different set of challenges. The memories of last years will always be wonderful, but they were the Super Bowl Champs for that season, not this one.

I expect them to play with heart, intensity and desire, when I see them lose fire and see things like we will fix it next week versus adjust this game type talk it worries me.

They need that chip, that hunger, that need to step into elite status this season, or they are just another team playing in hopes of getting to the playoffs.

I don't get bent out of shape over a loss, mostly disappointment about the performance I witness. Especially when I know they can play better and execute things better.

I know it's hard coming off something like last year. How many of us would have the same drive and desire after being told your the best in the world at something, they need to find that drive and desire that pushed them to that level once again somehow, thats on each player and Pete and staff as motivators.