Most annoying thing about the Rams...

pehawk

Reaction score
Yes, on to St Louis....

What I find most annoying about the Rams isn't their players. It isn't their coach. It isn't the fact their SB winning QB forced his theology down our throats. No, I actually hate the Rams, this version, because of how much respect Seattle bloggers and twitperts give them.

The Rams are what would happen if draft experts built a team, IMO. What I see is a collection of talent, a collection of great talent, built without any plan in place. Draft and measurable nerds will "ooh and ahh" over a defensive line DEEP with passrushers, with little thought to the fact in the NFCW passrushers is the last thing you need. All that's seen is the awesome "top 10" measurable in their DL, and not the fact the Rams have never been able to stop the Seahawks run game with the OL at full strength. Offensively they have no identity. Whatever soul they have is now in the Atlanta back field. But, hey, they have Bradford....a talented true #1 pick, soo, yeah! "Tavon Austin though!"...blech.

The Rams aren't a team. The Rams are what would happen if an asshole who scours NCAA tape all day got to draft off his big board.

This is kind of rambling and noncoherent, because my hate over the Rams love is strong. For three years anyone selling themselves as a "knowledgeable Seahawks fan" has been spewing "look out for the Rams in '14 (or '12, '13)", and for three years they've been wrong.

So please, please, please Seahawks defeat the Rams. A victory against St Louis is a victory against the wannabe Mel Kipers, obesity and methamphetamine use.

XOXO

Rich Brooks

themunn

Reaction score
I hate the Rams because of 2004 and nothing will ever change that

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
2004 is a valid reason, really.

But man alive I wanted to bite any moron spouting about the Rams this preseason...for no other reason than they felt they "should" based off that DL. Enraging.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm also dead certain Rams fans and supporters are doomsday preppers, too. That's really annoying.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This modified quote may be apropos -

"A seahawk doesn't concern itself with the opinions of lambs".

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that they are the team Mel Kiper would put together? That's enough for me to dislike them. Well, that and the fact that they're dirty as hell and are in the Seahawks' division.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":pw0ktdxc said:
Wow. I never realized it, but I think you're absolutely right. They're the draftnik's wet dream.

Of course they are. You'll never meet a true draftnik who isn't all engorged over the Rams in preseason. They cant help themselves.

Even simpler; if you thought the Hawks should've thrown the 2010 Week 17 SNF game vs the Rams, you LOVED the Rams this preseason (and last preseason).

kmedic

Reaction score
You might be right but perhaps their annoying more because they are a bad matchup with us. The Hawks have consistently struggled the past few years against us and now they have a decent QB. I'm thinking the 49ers beat them down tonight and then they exact revenge on us next Sunday. Prepare for 3-3 folks.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
kmedic":3qg2zg4k said:
You might be right but perhaps their annoying more because they are a bad matchup with us. The Hawks have consistently struggled the past few years against us and now they have a decent QB. I'm thinking the 49ers beat them down tonight and then they exact revenge on us next Sunday. Prepare for 3-3 folks.

Meh, 2012 in St Louis Bevell blew Lynch averaging what had to be 7 YPC, on 1st down. He had a very, very bad day. Even then, one McCoy slip and Pete getting caught with his pants down on ST is really what caused the loss.

Last year the Hawks went in there with what; 2/5's of their starting OL? Even with that, they won.

Rams suck and are run by an asshole with a moustache. Keep collecting people along the trenches, Stupid.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If the goal here is to put the kibosh on the 49ers tonight then I am all for it.

WendellWent

Reaction score
pehawk":1qypnaj9 said:
razgriz737":1qypnaj9 said:
Wow. I never realized it, but I think you're absolutely right. They're the draftnik's wet dream.

Of course they are. You'll never meet a true draftnik who isn't all engorged over the Rams in preseason. They cant help themselves.

Even simpler; if you thought the Hawks should've thrown the 2010 Week 17 SNF game vs the Rams, you LOVED the Rams this preseason (and last preseason).

Kearly?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Austin Davis scares the crap out of me right now, especially with our banged up secondary...............

RedAlice

Reaction score
Not sure how anyone could hate the Rams right now.

You all should be all happy to play this team: they have a "losing" problem.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
pehawk":5duejdwo said:
razgriz737":5duejdwo said:

I don't think they've should have thrown it since in reality we did win the Superbowl but I threw this hypothetical out before:

Actuality: We won that game vs STL, Lynch goes on to BeastQuake the 7-9 Seahawks over the 11-5 Saints. History in the making.

Fantasy: We lose that game vs STL, its a high possibility that JJ Watt or Robert Quinn is a Seahawk. And that could meant a championship in 2012.

None of this really has to do with STL.

On topic, yeah they were such a thorn in our sides in 2004. 0-3 vs them but Bobby Engram just had to hang on that TD.

Can't really hate them though like San Francisco they were kind of the big bully at first in 2002-2004 but since then Rams have been pitiful and SFO slightly less save for the Harbaugh years.

STL doesn't get my respect but they don't earn my hatred either. Just a sorry ass franchise since Martz ran that team into the ground.

I expect the same from Chip Kelly as well. So similar.