We will win the next 4 games

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
After 48 hours of anger over Sunday's game.. back to my calm (and probably homerish) self. I know we typically have issues in St. Louis, but I think the proverbial cold water hitting every member of the Seahawks in the face will have them on high alert Sunday.. and focused on getting back to Seahawks football. It might be close, but they will come out of it with a win.

Of the next four games, the most daunting appears to be Carolina.. but they have all kinds of issues themselves at RB.. Kelvin Benjamin is a stud (whiffed on that one back in April/May).. but I think Sherman can hold his own against him.. and by that time we will hopefully have Simon on the field .. in another hard fought game, I think we will prevail.

The Giants and Raiders at home? Psh. Win and win.

A month from now, this team will be 7-2 and the Cowboys game will be just a distant memory..

Lock it up!

[youtube]6IpHHtl8gC4[/youtube]

Microfiber

Reaction score
sorry.... winning in carolina may be hard.... and never ever count out the giants... They can be freaky good or terrible...

Look at the games following that though

@ Arrowhead
Vs. Cardinals
@ San Fransisco
@ Philly

Assuming we just lose one of those games puts us at 3 losses. More realistically we should lose probably two of those.. I wouldn't even be surprised if we lose in Kansas City, San Fran, and Philly. Which would put us at 5 losses, and no home field advantage in the playoffs. 1 more loss could be our season.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Microfiber":21ihxwm4 said:
sorry.... winning in carolina may be hard.... and never ever count out the giants... They can be freaky good or terrible...

@ Arrowhead
Vs. Cardinals
@ San Fransisco
@ Philly

Assuming we just lose one of those games puts us at 3 losses. More realistically we should lose probably two of those.. I wouldn't even be surprised if we lose in Kansas City, San Fran, and Philly. Which would put us at 5 losses, and no home field advantage in the playoffs. 1 more loss could be our season.

Yep.. thats a very defining stretch for our season, making these next 4 games very important.

I still think we win the next 4.. and hopefully by the time we go to Arrowhead we are a much healthier team defensively.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We knew getting the #1 seed was going to be a tall order as soon as the schedule came out. Our best bet is to try and win the division so we get at least one home game in the Playoffs. Then anything is possible.

This next stretch will be vital to put us into position to accomplish that goal.

pehawk

Reaction score
We get it, you hate Russell Wilson

(it's been awhile, Mr Hass :) )

bandiger

Reaction score
Honestly the next two teams they face have poor run defense, if we stick to what made this team successful it shouldn't be that hard to expect a win. I don't know with Bevell, if we start using more of these BS gadget plays these teams will be tough to beat. I'm very worried since our third down conversion rate is trash, just looking at the top 15 makes me antsy as hell, defensively anyways.

ringless

Reaction score
I know I feel much better about the game when you guys come to Arizona later in the season.

We are 11-3 in our last 14 games....
Seahawks are 10-4 in last 14 games...
49ers are 10-4 in last 14 games.....

We've lost one home game in the last 365 days....
Cardinals have caused more false start penalties then anyone as of late.... Even more than Seattle...

Carson Palmer is 9-2 in last 11 starts, completing 65.4% of passes for 3,087 yds, 20 TDs, 9 INTs, 97.3 rating.

I know everyone here counted that game as a win... Does anyone now think it could be a possible loss now looking forward?

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
bandiger":z9aev7vr said:
Honestly the next two teams they face have poor run defense, if we stick to what made this team successful it shouldn't be that hard to expect a win. I don't know with Bevell, if we start using more of these BS gadget plays these teams will be tough to beat. I'm very worried since our third down conversion rate is trash, just looking at the top 15 makes me antsy as hell, defensively anyways.

I still don't know what the hell Bevell was doing last game - we should have just punted on 1st down and let our special teams do what they were doing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ringless":2y9kkb8c said:
I know I feel much better about the game when you guys come to Arizona later in the season.

Cardinals have caused more false start penalties then anyone as of late.... Even more than Seattle...

Carson Palmer is 9-2 in last 11 starts, completing 65.4% of passes for 3,087 yds, 20 TDs, 9 INTs, 97.3 rating.

I know everyone here counted that game as a win... Does anyone now think it could be a possible loss now looking forward?

I certainly didn't count that game as a win. Most of us with level heads knew the Cardinals were going to be tough this year and many of us pegged them as a bigger threat than the 49ers.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
I think the Carolina game will be the only one that causes you serious threat in that 4 games. They're pretty good if they show up like they can.

I don't think the Giants can muster enough to beat yall. With Cruz out I don't feel like they have any WR's that can seriously threaten your D.

I expect you're going to be correct about these W's.

ctrcat

Reaction score
bandiger":w9ryggwu said:

The Panthers had the best run D in football last year but has come unglued without Hardy since teams can now double Lotulelei. His status next week should be up for a lot of question and debate since he has a November trial date pleading his innocence but will have already been out six games (the new policy for first time DV offender).

Chawks1

Reaction score
ringless":1reydpj8 said:

I think it is now the Cardinals division to lose. SC won it 2 years ago, we won it last year, and Arians has this team playing good football. I thought AZ would struggle early with the QB issues and defensive losses but good teams overcome that.

That being said I hope we turn things around, play Seahawk football and kick **s and win the whole thing!!!

Go Hawks!

NJlargent

Reaction score
I am concerned about the Carolina game because it is on the road and Carolina has shown it can put up some points. We have shown that we can give up some points too (namely 30+ to Dallas, San Diego and Denver). I am far from thinking Carolina is a W. The other 3 games should be wins. I am thankful that we get a chance to heal some wounds (physical and mental) against the Rams after Sunday's debacle. If we lose to the Rams, then we do have insurmountable issues.

If we go 4-0 then I think we beat KC. They are overrated. We are not wining in Philly playing the way we currently are. Same for at SF too but am I hoping the upcoming 4 games right the ship for us.

kearly

Reaction score
Hey, for once Hasselbeck and I agree on something.

Whatever we think of the 2014 Seahawks, let's not forget that San Diego is the #1 team in the standings in the AFC right now. And Dallas is the #1 team in the NFC standings. This isn't like when Seattle lost to Tannehill and Stafford in 2012 or to Rex Grossman in 2011.

The St. Louis Rams are extremely similar to the Washington team Seattle beat a couple weeks ago. Inexperienced QB prone to wild swings in performance. Who finds wins to be elusive. A defense with some teeth up front but one that can be run on and passed on with ease regardless. I think I'd give the Rams a slightly better chance than the 'Skins just because their coach knows Seattle so well, but so long as Seattle does not royally screw up they should win pretty easily the way a depleted SF just did.

Just run the ball, and Seattle will win. And after a week that will surely make Pete hormonal about running the ball, Lynch is going to get some work in week 7.

Carolina is a similar story. They have the worst run defense in the league, and without Hardy their DL scares no one. Serve the ball to Lynch and expect another W.

Oakland and New York are probably the two easiest games on the schedule this year. It would take a disaster performance to lose either one.

It's not easy to win 4 straight in the NFL, but I would think Seattle will be at least 3-1 through this next stretch.

kearly

Reaction score

@ Arrowhead
Vs. Cardinals
@ San Fransisco
@ Philly

Three of those four opponents struggle mightily when you shut down their running game. Being a Seahawks fan I have that inner doubt that says Seattle will lose anyway, but the matchups actually favor Seattle in those three road games which helps. Of course, it sucks that the 49ers game is on a Thursday.

With our secondary being taken down a few notches I actually worry about the Arizona game. Arizona is not a 12-4 team but they will probably finish with a 12-4 record the way their season is going.

The Philly game could be really big. I have a hunch both of those teams will be desperate for a win by that point in the season, knowing that the head to head tiebreaker could loom large too.

Largent80

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":2xhd9eh8 said:
I still don't know what the hell Bevell was doing last game - we should have just punted on 1st down and let our special teams do what they were doing.

Thanks for the laugh out loud Jeremy...... :lol:

kmedic

Reaction score
How is no one worried about the Lambs? Firstly, they are a division opponent, and division games are always tough, particularly on the road. Secondly, the Hawks don't match up well against the Lambs. Even though we've won the past few games against them, it's always come down to the wire. Remember how weak our offensive line is at pass pro? I guarantee that Robert Quinn gets his first sack (and probably more) this week against Russell "I'm made of glass" Okung. If I were the St. Louis D-coordinator I would blitz on every single down. Thirdly, the Lambs season is about to go to the crapper and their head coach is feeling the heat. They will be playing desperate, especially after getting humiliated by the Whiners on national TV. They are probably thinking that this week's game is probably their season. This is not going to be an easy win folks. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's going to be a win at all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kmedic":1h2nivf2 said:
How is no one worried about the Lambs? Firstly, they are a division opponent, and division games are always tough, particularly on the road. Secondly, the Hawks don't match up well against the Lambs. Even though we've won the past few games against them, it's always come down to the wire. Remember how weak our offensive line is at pass pro? I guarantee that Robert Quinn gets his first sack (and probably more) this week against Russell "I'm made of glass" Okung. If I were the St. Louis D-coordinator I would blitz on every single down. Thirdly, the Lambs season is about to go to the crapper and their head coach is feeling the heat. They will be playing desperate, especially after getting humiliated by the Whiners on national TV. They are probably thinking that this week's game is probably their season. This is not going to be an easy win folks. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's going to be a win at all.
The same could be said about us concerning this game and defining the season. We do not want to be in a position of..

1. Arizona 5-1/1-0
2. San Francisco 5-2/1-1
3. Seattle 3-3/0-1

With our next division game being in week 12. It literally could be game over before the race actually begins. Make no mistake this is just as big of a game for us as it is for Fisher (not his team because they're done already for this year) because his job is probably getting shakier by minute. The Seahawks are angry and they have some serious pride on the line also. I don't think you're going to see this unfocused playing around anymore meaning some heads are gonna roll and they won't be from the Seahawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1dbwsdno said:
kmedic":1dbwsdno said:
The same could be said about us concerning this game and defining the season. We do not want to be in a position of..

1. Arizona 5-1/1-0
2. San Francisco 5-2/1-1
3. Seattle 3-3/0-1

With our next division game being in week 12. It literally could be game over before the race actually begins. Make no mistake this is just as big of a game for us as it is for Fisher (not his team because they're done already for this year) because his job is probably getting shakier by minute. The Seahawks are angry and they have some serious pride on the line also. I don't think you're going to see this unfocused playing around anymore meaning some heads are gonna roll and they won't be from the Seahawks.

Only if Pete lets them take the kid gloves off and play, this choir boy style isn't getting things done.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That last bit of SF and Philly is a big concern but compared to the year where we were 2-14 I have to temper my frustration.

Still, it would have been amazing to see the Seahawks with all the pieces healthy. I think Kam being hurt really really hurt us badly. For all the talk of how he was the least valuable member of the LOB (before the SB), it is clear that guy is a linchpin and is almost as important as Earl.

Either way, we still have some damned good players and can play some pretty good football when we somehow manage to overcome our own OC.

Latest posts