Simple Question on Lynch

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Is he not getting touches because of his back? One would assume that accomplished NFL coaches know how important he is in making the offense go, is he too hurt to carry a full load?

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so although his back has been mentioned a few times this year.

Seems to me it's just Bevell getting too cute and putting the focus on getting Harvin the ball on bubble screens and jet sweeps and forgetting about our bread and butter.

Personally I think we need to get back to what helped us win a Super Bowl last year and that's feeding the beast and taking shots down the field more.

I would love to see Harvin actually run some patterns and catch a pass that's not a bubble screen.

Of course all of this is predicated on our offensive line actually blocking somebody on pass plays!!! :p

kidhawk

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2b5ym6jk said:
Is he not getting touches because of his back? One would assume that accomplished NFL coaches know how important he is in making the offense go, is he too hurt to carry a full load?

Usually when Lynch's back acts up, he gets on the bike to loosen it up, or goes in the training room to get it worked on. I didn't see either of these things shown or talked about during the telecast. It just seems it was how the game played out. Otherwise known as poor game planning

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't think he's hurt at all. His lower back issues are something they monitor but nothing serious, just seems to get tight on him from time to time.

I think the reason we're not getting him enough carries is the playcalling and lack of third down conversions. Just doesn't give you a lot of plays when you're giving up a ton of time of possession and play calls go something like this:

1 and 10: Bubble screen to Harvin for 0 yards
2 and 10: QB scramble because O-Line breaks down, 3 yds for RW
3 and 7: Incomplete pass to Lockette/Walters/other UDFA

Then compound our lack of third down conversions with our defense giving up a ton of third downs and getting behind in the score and we can't control the game and run like we want. Play action is useless at that point because we haven't established the run and our WR's aren't getting good separation on their own to open up the passing game.

Overall, just a lot of factors not going our way compounds the issue. Also SD and Dallas both played very well and had great game plans to eliminate what we do best. Their QB's also had career days so we're also realizing we're going to be getting the best from everyone every Sunday.

Once we get some guys back from injury and get back on schedule the next few weeks, we'll be fine.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Don't think so - I think it is Bevell getting too cute. I expect Lynch to be run into the ground against St.Louis.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Lynch's back issues have been well documented his entire tenure as a Seahawk and has been held out of practice on average one day a week. I think fans are forgetting it this year as hes only been held out of one game as a result (At Cleveland 2011). Though it did cause a panic on this board when they team was debating holding him out leading up to game 1 of the 2012 Season (Russell Wilson's first start).

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure about the whole dynamic with Lynch and the organization. It would be silly to cut off your nose to spite your face but along the lines of conspiracy theory, here we go:

1 - Lynch flips off Seattle coaches during Cardinals game because of redzone passes
2 - Lynch kicks off shoes during SB and is caught telling Carroll he is done "Time to get his ring"
3 - Lynch having a good time leading the parade getting his drink on
4 - Bevell mentions that this year will probably be more RBBC during town hall meeting
5 - Lynch and team come to an agreement to redo his contract
6 - Team personnel guy freaks out about Lynch horse-playing with the Ice Bucket challenge thing. Seemed over the top reaction, but he may not be alone with being fed up with Lynch's antics
7 - Offense seems to have increase touches for Turbin and crazy gimmicky stuff for Harvin

If I were a gossiper (ha ha) I would think there is some background stuff happening here that isn't just Lynch's health or the Seahawks trying to justify bringing Harvin in and paying him all that dough.

Please take the above as just some dark thought lurking in the back of my head which will float away as it should. In other words, I have no clue what is up with Lynch and his usage. But in this soap opera world, I can invent some reasons.

NOTE: Sarcasm and just making stuff up was involved in this whole ramble. Forgive me if you took this seriously.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think Carroll has an issue with Lynch, he kinda accepts he is just quirky, Bevell on the other hand may be much more inclined to be offended, I think Cable would give Lynch his left nut if he asked for it. All said Bevell and Lynch may have issues, I know he had problems in Minnesota as well at different times, especially with Farve and some other talented players for being to stubborn to concede that they may actually see something that can help. Why Farve started going off script also which led to all the confrontations.