NRL (Rugby League) star sets sights on the NFL

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Just saw some chat about this on Twitter too, pretty crazy.

Watched a vid on youtube, dude is pretty fast. 6'2'', 220, athlete.

[youtube]yItnEVoD0VQ[/youtube]

rastahawk

Reaction score
I wonder what position he would play. Being a league player I would probably bet either running back, line backer or safety? Hard to fit a raw guy into the NFL. Punter is probably the easiest to fit into if you have that skill, otherwise its hard to figure out. Football positions are so specialized.

OP
OP
D

DownunderHawk

Reaction score
I would think for him something like RB, LB, SS or FS...would be lethal special teams

OP
OP
D

DownunderHawk

Reaction score
Yeh chatting about this at the moment aswell. I think he will get to around 240

razgriz737

Reaction score
This is very cool. I know next to nothing about rugby, but I've heard others say this guy is like the Michael Jordan of the NRL.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Wow! This dude is a beast. Rugby is a crazy sport and those players are tough as nails. In watching the highlights, he looks like either a RB, PR, or KR. Defense would require too much study and a longer transition.

OP
OP
D

DownunderHawk

Reaction score
I think learning offense will be easier for him and his natural abilities suit that. Special teams he would be beast and kr and pr he would be perfect.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
DownunderHawk":2qxvuec6 said:
I think learning offense will be easier for him and his natural abilities suit that. Special teams he would be beast and kr and pr he would be perfect.
Interesting we could use a PR and a Boldin type WR. It seems it's us or Dallas....plot thickens.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
The thought from him is he thinks he can make it as a KR/PR. He appears to be an absolute stud and you have to give the guy respect for leaving something he is apparently the best at to chase his dreams of playing in the NFL.

chawx

Reaction score
He looks pretty dominant against sub-par (by NFL standards) athletes ... I wouldn't mind seeing how he'd work out as a FB or a LB—he has that "I'm not afraid to take/make a big hit" mentality, but I'm not sure his "speed" and "athleticism" would be able to beat out NFL guys. That said, lining him up at fullback and telling him to get that one yard on 4th and 1 or having him sneak out of the backfield and catch a pass a few times would most likely end up as a positive play.

I say bring him in! I would love for him to prove me wrong on my highly-uninformed assessment of his talents and the talents of his opponents thus far! He feels like that perfect "Brandon Browner" pick up Pete and Co. is known for, where afterwards you go, "How in the hell did no one else see this guy coming?"

Edit: He definitely has the lateral thing down. If he is free down the sidelines and then as he's about to go down, he pitches to Harvin...boom TD! hehe

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Not covered enough, Miz. I went to delete it, and you locked it. Now there is evidence of my idiocy.

He wants to return punts. That would be a bad ass punt returner.