GET ME THE BALL (Hawks need to re-discover killer instinct)

byau

Reaction score
From another thread I posted in, good enough for a thread I think

Officiating, injuries, what have you ... even if we had all our players and the calls, I think we still would have lost two games

Just plain lack of killer instinct.

Super Bowl winners last year, and now complacency this year and lack of killer instinct

THIS... is killer instinct.

[youtube]Rplwk3p85jg[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rplwk3p85jg

We saw this out of the Seahawks last year. This year, where did it go?

Especially noticeable this season when the Seahawks let up on the throttle and especially in the 4th quarter Dallas game when the coverage wasn't outright terrible on some pass plays (mostly the linebackers vs Whitten I think) but the guys didn't go for the ball on D.

Defense: for some reason, they seem to be content just trying to maintain. I do not see them aggressively trying to take away the ball or like in the clip above make us worry that they might just kill someone (Coach Pete even said this on his mic in SB48 after Kam laid out Welker "Oh dang, he just about killed him"). Don't see that this year

Offense: for some reason, they seem to be content just trying to see how creative and cutesy they can be with playcalling, not trying to actually march down the field and fight for that score. I think we only saw it in Russell Wilson's OT drive against Denver. Otherwise, don't see that this year

*sigh*

What y'all think?