If YOU were Hawks O.C. for this Game

Largent80

Reaction score
What would you do?...After trying to be too cute and getting an ass chewing for my game plan last week......

I run 38 consecutive bubble screens...J/K

I at LEAST try to do what the team was built to do and I RUN, and try some middle of the field stuff that obviously, no team has seen from us yet.

XOXO

Hacksaw Reynolds

Mojambo

Reaction score
I have no idea, and if we're being honest, nobody else here does either.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
20-30 snaps for Marshawn

No jet sweeps or bubble screens with Harvin on, or off the field

When Harvin is in utilize him like a WR with slant routs and hooks

Throw the ball deep to Richardson or Lockette when Harvin is on the field

No empty backfield sets

Keep Willson as a safety valve dump off on out routes after he has blocked

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Run Marshawn from more standard sets .. I-Form, Singleback with 2 TE .. etc. Get him going, then work in play-action and bootlegs and for god sake.. take a shot or two down the field with Harvin.

That's where I would start. The Rams rush defense is not good.. so knowing Bevell, he's going to see what Kaep did Monday and go "Egad! I can throw it 45 times!"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm largely in agreement with Okie. Also, why not have Willson chip an end and just immediately dump off to him? (Unless you were meaning a quick chip as opposed to full-on blocking, Okie.)

I still think we should send Percy deep several times a game and throw to him if he's left in one-on-one coverage, or pass to a TE over the middle if he's not.

Cute stuff works when it's used sparingly and it's unexpected. We don't have to abandon it altogether, nor should we; but for the love of Christ, we need to use it uncommonly and attempt to use it in smarter situations.

Plus...Designed roll-outs/bootlegs.......

Largent80":xq4h14fq said:
Mojambo":xq4h14fq said:

Are you Darrell Bevell?
LOL. Good one, Largent. :th2thumbs:

Basis4day

Reaction score
Nothing but Go Routes by Harvin, Richardson, and Lockette out of the read option with Lynch and Michael in the backfield.
Go for it on every 4th Down.

Oh, and trade Turbin for Suh.

It worked in Madden.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If I'm OC, I see the Cowboys still leaving a man uncovered on those trips right formations, and keep running the bubble screens until Harvin takes one to the house and compensates for the last four failures.

Doesn't sound like a good way to win, but it's very much been a part of the formula since Carroll arrived. One big play makes up for a lot.

Chawks1

Reaction score
1). Pound them up the middle with Marshawn. Even if not successful it focuses the center of th D on Marshawn....this is what worked with Denver in the Super Bowl.

2). Throw the ball deep once or twice early just to get the secondary & LB's to play the backside....even incomplete passes help!

If we do the 1st 2 things then complimentary plays to Harvin and play action passes (our bread & butter) will be MUCH more effective. Keeps the DL honest too and they can't just pressure RW.

Harvin is an exciting and explosive player but should only be a compliment to The Beast as he is the definition of toughness and desire that is the Seahawks offense. It is our identity.

hulbe

Reaction score
Feed the Beast! We all know its his last year in Seattle so why not work him, thats what he wants.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":u1vjit0g said:
I'm largely in agreement with Okie. Also, why not have Willson chip an end and just immediately dump off to him? (Unless you were meaning a quick chip as opposed to full-on blocking, Okie.)

I still think we should send Percy deep several times a game and throw to him if he's left in one-on-one coverage, or pass to a TE over the middle if he's not.

Cute stuff works when it's used sparingly and it's unexpected. We don't have to abandon it altogether, nor should we; but for the love of Christ, we need to use it uncommonly and attempt to use it in smarter situations.

Plus...Designed roll-outs/bootlegs.......

Largent80":u1vjit0g said:
Mojambo":u1vjit0g said:

Are you Darrell Bevell?
LOL. Good one, Largent. :th2thumbs:
I agree with Okie and Roland, great posts fellas.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Run the ball often and hard early to set up play action. Run some read option. Once the safeties cheat up, try to get past the safeties with a deep ball.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I liked the variety of plays they used to get the offense in a rhythm during the preseason, especially vs San Diego. Nothing too fancy but the offense looked in sync.

They also looked smoother running plays from behind center vs shotgun. Think on Sunday over 80% of the plays were out of shotgun.

hawk45

Reaction score
+1 to Okie/Ro also, not much to add

re: leaving a man uncovered in trips formation, if they were to do that I wouldn't mind seeing Harvin run a go route or post right then and there. If they follow him you'll have someone pretty wide open, if they don't follow him you can warm up Hauschka for the PAT.

Or hey, even throw the bubble screen once to see how they react, and if they crash it then the next time around pump fake it to Harvin and throw deep to one of the other guys. Then I never want to see it again unless they've seen a ton of Lynch and actual passes in front of the LOS first.

And if you still can't get a big-boy NFL offense working at that point then pay attention to Quinn and give Wilson the green-light to keep a read-option for once if Quinn has been crashing. Which would have the affect of A) a big gain, and B) helping Lynch out.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Run 60% of the offensive snaps even if we are only getting 3-4 yards per rush.

Dink and dunk 30%, air it out 10%.

That's what seems to work on madden, so why not here? :D

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2fcftiuv said:

Either could work depending on the situation.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I were Hawks OC?

First, I wouldn't eat at restaurants in Seattle without a good disguise. To much chance of ass hair and and spit in my dinner from all the disgruntled 12s.

I would also go get that refi on my domicile completed, seeing as I don't have to worry about any of those pesky head coaching jobs in a different city.

For this game? I would go see if STL defense was available in my fantasy league, seeing as Robert Quinn is going to be in Wilson's lap all game long.